ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Office still at their finest lol. Season renewals for 2023 Football.

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
One link took me to where it said I didn't have to leave a deposit to get same seats. It made me put $54 dollars down. Riddled with errors on dates and years.
2nd link (I manage my sister's account for her) took me to her site where this time I tried the Season Renewal Application. I see they upped the seat fee from $25 to $100 (offset by reduced ticket prices) but they require the $100 paid upfront. I backed out before credit card just to take another look at my account. Said backing out would cancel transaction. ok. No big deal
Did the whole application again on my account. Paid the $100 seat fee. Went back to sister's account and I can't complete hers because now it is showing I already completed her application.
WTF. Now I have a $54 charge I have to figure out, one done correct, and one in limbo.

If you think this is just another picky bitch here's the email I got back from the tix office: Enjoy the attention to detail. I'm not even remotely upset anymore by this stuff and provide for some shake your head humor.

2022 Football Season Ticket Deposit Qty Price Fee Cost --- -------- --------- ---------- 1 50.00 4.00 54.00 Thank you for your purchase! Here's what to expect moving forward
1. Your personal account representative will be in touch to introduce themselves.

2. In early January 2020, you will receive a notification of the launch date of 2020 season tickets.

3. Working with your account representative, you may select your season ticket locations.

4. You will have the option to pay in full or enter into the four installment bill plan. The $50 deposit paid today will be applied to the total.

5. Enjoy the 2020 Season!

Last edited:
One link took me to where it said I didn't have to leave a deposit to get same seats. It made me put $54 dollars down. Riddled with errors on dates and years.
2nd link (I manage my sister's account for her) took me to her site where this time I tried the Season Renewal Application. I see they upped the seat fee from $25 to $100 (offset by reduced ticket prices) but they require the $100 paid upfront. I backed out before credit card just to take another look at my account. Said backing out would cancel transaction. ok. No big deal
Did the whole application again on my account. Paid the $100 seat fee. Went back to sister's account and I can't complete hers because now it is showing I already completed her application.
WTF. Now I have a $54 charge I have to figure out, one done correct, and one in limbo.

If you think this is just another picky bitch here's the email I got back from the tix office: Enjoy the attention to detail. I'm not even remotely upset anymore by this stuff and provide for some shake your head humor.

2022 Football Season Ticket Deposit Qty Price Fee Cost --- -------- --------- ---------- 1 50.00 4.00 54.00 Thank you for your purchase! Here's what to expect moving forward
1. Your personal account representative will be in touch to introduce themselves.

2. In early January 2020, you will receive a notification of the launch date of 2020 season tickets.

3. Working with your account representative, you may select your season ticket locations.

4. You will have the option to pay in full or enter into the four installment bill plan. The $50 deposit paid today will be applied to the total.

I don't think I'm renewing this year. We held 5 tickets and usually only had 3 of us there. I'll just buy a $5 ticket day of game if I want to go. But will I want to go? Meh.

Was that a copy/paste, or did the e-mail REALLY say 2020 season? Wow.

Reactions: RUinLondon
Wife and I finally ready to get season tickets again.
Kids are old enough to go and not be a total process to attend.
Will be 7 and 6, enjoyed tailgating and the Nebraksa game.

But youth sports??? WTF.
Between gymnastics, soccer, baseball, rock climbing.
Are we even going to be able to attend games?

But youth sports??? WTF.
No, no you will not be able to attend games.

Reactions: NickRU714
Was that a copy/paste, or did the e-mail REALLY say 2020 season? Wow.
I copied and pasted the email I got..but I'll go 1 better.. and yeah I'll outed myself but IDC about that. Anyone think I made this up now?
Screenshot-20230123-145228.png

Last edited:

But youth sports??? WTF.
Definitely a pain to work around. The head of our youth football league (a psu fan) makes every effort to schedule our games around the RU schedule. Only had to miss one the Wagner game last year.

I don't think I'm renewing this year. We held 5 tickets and usually only had 3 of us there. I'll just buy a $5 ticket day of game if I want to go. But will I want to go? Meh.
Just keeping for continuity right now. I'll be out of state in the fall/winter in about 6-7 years anyway.
Not buying parking though. I'll deal with that game to game open market. Put some of savings into NIL already..

Reactions: Knight Shift

But youth sports??? WTF.
Youth soccer and Rutgers football do not mix, although I think Mid NJ travel league plays on Sundays if I recall correctly

Did you actually get some correspondence saying it is time to renew? I just looked and did not receive anything.

Well Rutgers saves their excellence for the field so... Wait!! Sigh.

Reactions: mikebal9
Did you actually get some correspondence saying it is time to renew? I just looked and did not receive anything.
I thought I saw someone answer this already. Yes multiple emails and reminders. Renew by Feb 1 to get chance for yet to be announced prizes..( another Lol. Who created an incentive that is a mystery).
I'm sure there's a medium t shirt out there with my name on it.

Youth soccer and Rutgers football do not mix, although I think Mid NJ travel league plays on Sundays if I recall correctly

AND......can't go to RU-MSU at MSG because the dam Cub Scout Pinewood Derby is at noon.
Kids were looking forward to taking the train and seeing the game.

This kid crap is for the birds.

Check out the math on their site. Does anyone proofread these things at all? (Hint: Look at the cheapest pricing level.)
RU ticket site
Makes a Math Teacher's head spin, right? lol.
That's my point though. An World Ranked Institution of Higher Education and you get year after year of High School mistakes..maybe Middle School.
Folks at my old company wouldn't last long in these roles doing this stuff.
Checking your own work and having somebody else check it too is basic 101 level stuff.

When the renewal barrage starts up, I look for one data point - the latest possible dates to donate, renew, etc.

This is not a thing that needs to be done as soon as possible.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Well, on the plus side, the cost of some seats, including ours, went down this year for the first time in forever. We're in 224 and a season ticket went from $350 to $284 ($66 less and one more game than last year) and the seat license charge didn't change.

3FQjxHP.png

interesting how they have changed the dynamics of the fees..wonder if they have finally figured out a method to repurpose the income..
Overall fees are higher, but there are 7 games in 2023 vs. 6 in 2022.
But seat fee is down $50 for yellow, red, green and purple sections, but not down in green or brown sections?

BTW, I was not questioning that your statement was accurate, I am still in disbelief that whatever/whoever generated that e-mail was referring to 2020. But nothing should surprise coming from Rutgers.

My ticket cost went up and seat fee down from $250 per to $200. BUT I need a donation of $1000 for my preferred parking. Now I only have $600 so I will need to donate an additional $400 instead of $250 to qualify. In the long run it will cost me an additional $150.

Overall fees are higher, but there are 7 games in 2023 vs. 6 in 2022.
But seat fee is down $50 for yellow, red, green and purple sections, but not down in green or brown sections?

BTW, I was not questioning that your statement was accurate, I am still in disbelief that whatever/whoever generated that e-mail was referring to 2020. But nothing should surprise coming from Rutgers.
End zone went from 25 to 100. Overall neutral. Regarding the 7th game.. keep in mind that they didn't reduce cost for tix and parking last two 6 game seasons. Honestly no complaints on the cost.

As for the questioning part.. I know you weren't shift.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT