ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket prices

APKnight

Senior
Nov 21, 2013
Tickets to RU games cost $20 and up, and season tickets cost $260. I just checked around what other schools are charging. Michigan season tix start at $45 and individual games start at $6. Seems like we are going out of our way to keep people away. It worked for me.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Twenty dollars really? At those prices should be Final Four team.

Just to enter a fact in your discussion - the ticket price was about the same 8 years ago before we left. I paid about $900 for 3 tix plus parking.

And yes, Rutgers is higher priced than most programs - but they always have been.

As a formerly poor (cash-wise) college student, I can't imagine shelling out that kind of $ for a game much less season tix. Of course this doesn't help student attendance at any of our athletic events, as compared to virtually all of our BIG competitors. Do the people in Winants Hall even care ? Once we start receiving 55 million in annual conference payout, Great opportunity to adjust student prices to an affordable level, I would think.

Could have misheard but I thought they announced a $5 price for the potential 1000 win game next week

I think students get in for free or a reduced price. I complained to the ticket office about not offering tix in the 200 level, and they finally agreed to sell me season tix there for $125. It shouldn’t be that difficult. Apparently there was a request from the women’s basketball program to only sell tix in the 100 level so they can at least fill that up. I get that, but not many people want to spend that much money. Parking is free however, so that’s a good thing.

As a formerly poor (cash-wise) college student, I can't imagine shelling out that kind of $ for a game much less season tix. Of course this doesn't help student attendance at any of our athletic events, as compared to virtually all of our BIG competitors. Do the people in Winants Hall even care ? Once we start receiving 55 million in annual conference payout, Great opportunity to adjust student prices to an affordable level, I would think.

All full time RU students can attend all RU sporting events free with their ID card.

All full time RU students can attend all RU sporting events free with their ID card.
My mistake, thanks for the info. Hopefully today's students are much more informed than I regarding this benefit. Do they offer the same benefit to Newark and Camden RU students at NB athletic events?

At men’s game last night they announced $5 tickets for Central CT.
Free entry for students used to cover only NB day undergrad students, suspect that is still the policy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT