ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets

richthedentist

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
Question I just received my tickets and the part that clips on to the neck things is that large almost huge ticket that looks like a press pass; Is that correct? It that is it is kind of annoying as that is really big;

As far as I know you can enter the game with the bottom card that is below that if you wish by just carrying it in your wallet but i would call the ticket office to verify. I think either of the two pieces gets you into a game. Last year they enclosed a paper explaining that but I didn't get one of the papers included this year.

As far as I know you can enter the game with the bottom card that is below that if you wish by just carrying it in your wallet but i would call the ticket office to verify. I think either of the two pieces gets you into a game. Last year they enclosed a paper explaining that but I didn't get one of the papers included this year.

Correct. You need the bar code which will be scanned for entry. The bar code is on the front of the large "press pass size" ticket and on the back of the small "credit card size" ticket. It is the same bar code, so either will work.

In the past, I've also taken a picture of the ticket, and had the bar code scanned from my phone. That's been convenient if I forgot my ticket.

Correct. You need the bar code which will be scanned for entry. The bar code is on the front of the large "press pass size" ticket and on the back of the small "credit card size" ticket. It is the same bar code, so either will work.

In the past, I've also taken a picture of the ticket, and had the bar code scanned from my phone. That's been convenient if I forgot my ticket.
Great idea on taking the picture I like carrying the one around my neck it’s just so big!!

Great idea on taking the picture I like carrying the one around my neck it’s just so big!!
Just put the credit card sized one and put in your wallet. I wouldn’t advise taking a photo. You do that and someday a ticket taker is going to say “we don’t accept that” and then people will be on here criticizing Rutgers for not accepting what they personally deem to be appropriate. And Rutgers warned Season ticket holders in the email announcing that tix were on the way not to post photos of tix with bar codes visible on their social media because it’s subject to theft. So to stop any thieves I can see RU saying “no dice” in the future to anything other than the approved options.

Last edited:
I know we complain about everything but who's bright idea was it to make the ticket cards a quarter inch longer than a typical credit card?? Doesn't fit in my wallet. Gonna have to take the scissors to it since only the barcode matters, but come on. Why is this even an issue?

I know we complain about everything but who's bright idea was it to make the ticket cards a quarter inch longer than a typical credit card?? Doesn't fit in my wallet. Gonna have to take the scissors to it since only the barcode matters, but come on. Why is this even an issue?
Hey, be happy. I heard they were going to make them bigger but then realized they were a security threat and bigger than the postcards they use to measure women's purses.

Reactions: kcg88
I throw out the big thing and just use the credit card size tickets. The others are a waste

If you go to the ticket office at the RAC either before the season or at the first game they will print all your tickets game by game if you prefer that. I do it every year.

If you go to the ticket office at the RAC either before the season or at the first game they will print all your tickets game by game if you prefer that. I do it every year.

That's good to know. This Mobile Ticket thing is a pain in the a$$. Rep said ALL RU sports going to that next year. I had 6 older folks I had to share those with on Sat. and it was a mess at the gate. MY folks didn't know what the heck they were doing and the ones somebody printed (which say "Do Not Print" lol) actually worked better than the ones scanned on the phones.

Last edited:
Can someone help me out: Is the barcode on your season ticket card 14 digits or 12?

Thanks

The mobile ticket transfer is free, but for some unknown reason, you cannot do it right before the game. They take the games off well before the start of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT