ADVERTISEMENT

To be taken seriously in March

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Candidly,I only see in order Indiana, Michigan,Illinois,Purdue, Michigan State and Rutgers in order as teams who can make a second weekend plus run.
The caveat with Michigan is that they are currently not in the field,but when all is said I think they sneak in over Wisky.I fear that Illinois is too inconsistent and that Purdue will fold as always.Michigan State has Izzo,Rutgers has defense and good guard play which both travel well. Maryland simply can't win outside of College Park so I discount them fully. Iowa plays no defense and like Purdue folds in March. I visualize one Big Elite 8 team. My National Champ is UCLA,Kansas or Bama.

I think Maryland and Iowa could make it to the Sweet 16 depending on their draw. Iowa is all about being on target. If they finally shoot well interests round of 32, they are a tough out. I wouldn't bet much on it, though.

Maryland has two road games this week at Ohio State and Penn State. Let's see how they do there before writing off their NCAA chances. Yes, they are 2-7 on the road but the losses are at Wisconsin, Michigan, Rutgers, Iowa, Purdue, MSU, and Nebraska. Really, only Nebraska isn't usually considered a tough place to get a road W. What if they get a "favorable" neutral site for their first two games?

I think Iowa will do well in NCAAs…they have a very well rounded team that can score at will. Those types of teams typically have success if they get hot

It always depends on matchups,Nobody expected St.Peters to have such great success last year.

Reactions: bac2therac
Call me old-school but this team shouldn't be looking past Minnesota ...Yes yes...its a message board, blah blah blah...but my point is that our team is so schizo that it's hard to envision sustained success/wins.

Hopefully yesterday was the beginning of another run...but sans Mag, I find it hard to agree with you on us being so high up that list

Would LOVE to be wrong here

Reactions: DirtyRU
I always do worse than my friends in bracket challenges even though I watch 10x more cbb. With that said I can’t discount Iowa.

The degenerate gambler in me says they’re dueeeee

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT