ADVERTISEMENT

To Spice Things Up A Little For the Football Game At Iowa, If We Win, In Mrs. Screw's Honor...

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
I'm donating $100 to the Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club since she'll be at the game and is the de facto Queen of Rutgers. Anyone else wanna join the effort with a pledge for the upset? If so, name the amount here and we'll all have some additional fun going into the game (and hopefully coming out of it).

Mrs. Screw will be monitoring this thread, so let's see what we can do for Her Traveling Majesty and for the wrestling team, for whom a little bit goes a long way.

Last edited:
I'm donating $100 to the Scarlet Knight Wrestling Club since she'll be at the game and is the de facto Queen of Rutgers. Anyone else wanna join the effort with a pledge for the upset? If so, name the amount here and we'll all have some additional fun going into the game (and hopefully coming out of it).

Mrs. Screw will be monitoring this thread, so let's see what we can do for Her Traveling Majesty and for the wrestling team, for whom a little bit goes a long way.

I'm in ya nut.

RaRa, for those that don’t know, could you tell people more about the club. I know they have youth wrestling.
HeavenUniv, it’s a different sort of entity than what we’re familiar with in other sports at RU. I’m still learning about how wrestling works (it’s nowhere near as simple as it seems from the outside), but the SKWC is an entity that was formed as an entity that is formally separate from the university, but which funds additional opportunities for wrestlers, coaches, and resident athletes that the university doesn’t (or perhaps can’t) fund. This helps us attract coaches, Olympic-caliber wrestlers who train with our team wrestlers, and more, which raises the level of recruits who want to wrestle for Rutgers. Others who have been involved with the program can explain it more thoroughly, and in that vein here’s a four-minute video that Coach Goodale put together in which he explains the impetus for, and mission of, the SKWC, which he started in 2007.

I'm donating $100 to the Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club since she'll be at the game and is the de facto Queen of Rutgers. Anyone else wanna join the effort with a pledge for the upset? If so, name the amount here and we'll all have some additional fun going into the game (and hopefully coming out of it).

I already donate to the SKWC found out about it only a few years ago. But what the hell, the more the merrier, put me down for $100.

I already donate to the SKWC found out about it only a few years ago. But what the hell, the more the merrier, put me down for $100.
@koleszar Maybe we'll start a trend in which teams in one sport benefit from the accomplishments of another. And of course we're honoring the Queen Mrs. Screw the whole time, and when it comes down to it, that's what a full Rutgers life is all about.

Ohhhhh, I am ALL IN...SKWC is awesome!

SKWC fully supports RU Wrestling, including hiring Resident Athletes to train with R Wrestlers. That is what separates the top programs & what top recruits look for when making a college choice. RU Wrestling’s success will be directly linked to SKWC’s success. Look no further than PSU, Ohio State, Iowa, Oklahoma State, etc. SKWC has some catching up to do though...we can do it!! Let’s gooooooo!!!

Go RU!
Diane

@koleszar Maybe we'll start a trend in which teams in one sport benefit from the accomplishments of another. And of course we're honoring the Queen Mrs. Screw the whole time, and when it comes down to it, that's what a full Rutgers life is all about.
If I didn't have to just fork out well over $2K for Barbara Streisand tickets for my anniversary I would have bestowed the Queen of Rutgers with an even more lavish gift. But right now, the Duchess of Howell tapped me out. Man that Streisand is expensive and I didn't even get the good seats.

Last edited:
Love the idea and momentum.

A SKWC donor just agreed to match all new donor contributions up to a total of $5,000. This applies to only individuals who have never previously donated to the SKWC. To secure the match, contributions must be received within one week following the Iowa football game (9/14/2019). Win or lose, the donor match applies.

To donate go to the SKWC website and click on the word Donate or mail a tax deductible check to SKWC, Inc. 130 College Avenue College Gymnasium New Brunswick, NJ 08903.

Thanks for your support of the SKWC.

What if Rutgers loses? Will you all still donate to wrestling or punish the only good program we have?
I already had a plan in place to gauge the temperature of the board here in an attempt to secure some donations in the event we lose. But the cat's out of the bag. I wouldn't say that the wrestling team would be punished if we lost and therefore folks withheld their pledge. Who knows what will come from it, but we'll collectively tweak it as we move along, and hopefully keep it convivial and fun. Maybe it becomes an annual thing.

But the fun factor is still in place, since those who pledged something toward an upset victory at Iowa are duty-bound to donate if we win, and have the option to not donate if we lose. Not knowing what each other is going to do, and therefore not knowing what the collective donation will be, keeps the outcome of the football game that much more exciting.

Perhaps we can also make additional pledges if Queen Mrs. Screw wears her tiara to the game, and/or takes photos of herself doing the Queen's wave, or gets on TV. The side pledges could guarantee money regardless of outcome, and we would all get to know and honor our Queen that much better.

Last edited:
I'm in for $100. I love all the work Mrs Screw does for RU athletics, therefore this is in her honor.
Exactly! As I told her after pledges started arriving on this board, without her name attached to the event it may have been a non-starter. Being the reputable and pragmatic Queen she is, she didn't disagree. ;-)

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

A SKWC donor just agreed to match all new donor contributions up to a total of $5,000. This applies to only individuals who have never previously donated to the SKWC. To secure the match, contributions must be received within one week following the Iowa football game (9/14/2019). Win or lose, the donor match applies.

To donate go to the SKWC website and click on the word Donate or mail a tax deductible check to SKWC, Inc. 130 College Avenue College Gymnasium New Brunswick, NJ 08903.

Great stuff in so many ways, @SKWC!!

this is fantastic! I'm humbled and honored that @RutgersRaRa started this in my honor and that it might, in the end, generate a large amount of money for the SKWC!

I already had a plan in place to gauge the temperature of the board here in an attempt to secure some donations in the event we lose. But the cat's out of the bag. I wouldn't say that the wrestling team would be punished if we lost and therefore folks withheld their pledge. Who knows what will come from it, but we'll collectively tweak it as we move along, and hopefully keep it convivial and fun. Maybe it becomes an annual thing.

But the fun factor is still in place, since those who pledged something toward an upset victory at Iowa are duty-bound to donate if we win, and have the option to not donate if we lose. Not knowing what each other is going to do, and therefore not knowing what the collective donation will be, keeps the outcome of the football game that much more exciting.

Perhaps we can also make additional pledges if Queen Mrs. Screw wears her tiara to the game, and/or takes photos of herself doing the Queen's wave, or gets on TV. The side pledges could guarantee money regardless of outcome, and we would all get to know and honor our Queen that much better.

I will gladly wear my tiara and do the Queen's wave and will try my best to be on TV. I'll even try to get into the hospital and onto the pediatric ward before the game and wave to the empty stadium if it will help.

OK someone is going to remind us of this thread after the Iowa game, right?(I'm donating no matter what) Because, my wife always asks me, "so what are you doing tomorrow". I'm like, "Tomorrow?, I'm still trying to remember what I'm supposed to be doing today".

OK someone is going to remind us of this thread after the Iowa game, right?(I'm donating no matter what) Because, my wife always asks me, "so what are you doing tomorrow". I'm like, "Tomorrow?, I'm still trying to remember what I'm supposed to be doing today".
Oh, there is no doubt this will be an active thread the week of the Iowa game, the day of the game, and the days afterwards.

I’d pay 100 for a win at Iowa any day add me in

And Goodale with the huge, huge

giphy.gif

TODAY.

This program is catching fire. We're almost to the point where we simply reload.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT