ADVERTISEMENT

To Spice Things Up A Little For the Football Game At Iowa, If We Win, In Mrs. Screw's Honor...

Exactly! As I told her after pledges started arriving on this board, without her name attached to the event it may have been a non-starter. Being the reputable and pragmatic Queen she is, she didn't disagree. ;-)

catvomit-380x286_400x400.jpg

this is fantastic! I'm humbled and honored that @RutgersRaRa started this in my honor and that it might, in the end, generate a large amount of money for the SKWC!

I will gladly wear my tiara and do the Queen's wave and will try my best to be on TV. I'll even try to get into the hospital and onto the pediatric ward before the game and wave to the empty stadium if it will help.

catvomit-380x286_400x400.jpg

LOL

Love the idea and momentum.

A SKWC donor just agreed to match all new donor contributions up to a total of $5,000. This applies to only individuals who have never previously donated to the SKWC. To secure the match, contributions must be received within one week following the Iowa football game (9/14/2019). Win or lose, the donor match applies.

To donate go to the SKWC website and click on the word Donate or mail a tax deductible check to SKWC, Inc. 130 College Avenue College Gymnasium New Brunswick, NJ 08903.

Thanks for your support of the SKWC.
No PayPal or Venmo?

Nevermind.. just saw the button on the donate page

Way to go RaRa, Screws, SKWC and everyone.. likes all around.
(took me longer to like all the posts than it did to donate)

The Iowa football fans have been decent here.. and on their board too.. but the wrestling fans.. cannot wait to see an upset there.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersRaRa
No PayPal or Venmo?

Nevermind.. just saw the button on the donate page

Way to go RaRa, Screws, SKWC and everyone.. likes all around.
(took me longer to like all the posts than it did to donate)

The Iowa football fans have been decent here.. and on their board too.. but the wrestling fans.. cannot wait to see an upset there.
If we get to the point where we’re beating Iowa, we’ll have NJ locked down, as well as parts of PA. Those days will be epic.

I am in for $100! And another $100 if the Queen is on TV.

RaRa, I enjoyed meeting you, the Queen, and Screw 85 in Ann Arbor the Friday night before our first away football game at Michigan. It was at the bar where the RU Alumni party was.

Creative idea, RaRa. Always great to honor the Queen and donate to Rutgers.

I am in for $100! And another $100 if the Queen is on TV.

RaRa, I enjoyed meeting you, the Queen, and Screw 85 in Ann Arbor the Friday night before our first away football game at Michigan. It was at the bar where the RU Alumni party was.

Creative idea, RaRa. Always great to honor the Queen and donate to Rutgers.
@Scarlet83 I think I remember where we met, standing at the bar toward the front of the restaurant/bar. Right? In any case, this idea has been a lot of fun in its development on here, and I think the fun is just beginning! There are many more ideas for fundraising tied in to Queen Mrs. Screw, and at the end it might feel like a work trip. But being royalty has its responsibilities--it's not all tea and strumpets.

Reactions: Scarlet83
@Scarlet83 I think I remember where we met, standing at the bar toward the front of the restaurant/bar. Right? In any case, this idea has been a lot of fun in its development on here, and I think the fun is just beginning! There are many more ideas for fundraising tied in to Queen Mrs. Screw, and at the end it might feel like a work trip. But being royalty has its responsibilities--it's not all tea and strumpets.
Perhaps Queen Screw could anoint a different Princess Screw at every tailgate... among those interested who show the most school spirit... as well as dubbing Knights of the Rutgers Screw...

Yes, exactly. We were standing at the bar near the front. You had dinner elsewhere and came to the bar where my crew was. Good memory RaRa.

And I live in Columbus, a few towns south of Her Majesty. And she and I have a mutual friend named Valerie who lives around the corner from me.

Yes, I think it’s just the beginning for fundraising fun with a royal twist! Thanks again for a really cool idea!

There's yer proof right there. Its not YOU that's popular.. its the tiara and sash! Share the wealth! Its only fair. Get Mr. Screw a crown and mace.
Oh, make no mistake about it, it's QMS (Queen Mrs. Screw) who's popular, the sash is just an accoutrement that's happy to be there. As for Mr. QMS, he needs nothing more than a sidewalk, preferably in a clean, small, semi-busy city.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Oh, make no mistake about it, it's QMS (Queen Mrs. Screw) who's popular, the sash is just an accoutrement that's happy to be there. As for Mr. QMS, he needs nothing more than a sidewalk, preferably in a clean, small, semi-busy city.

I'm out for 2019. You guys ruined it for me.

I'm out for 2019. You guys ruined it for me.
Hopefully you have a cat to keep you company. No matter, though, since you will be the honored guest at the bar/home that we gather together to watch the game.

Facetious.. not serious. Never met ya but everything I read here says the cause/effect is the opposite of what I said. It was facetious.
I hereby and herewith and straightforwardly declare your penance to be an additional $50 to SKWC. Motion passed, till death do us part, triple stamp, anti-quitsies. Amen.

There's yer proof right there. Its not YOU that's popular.. its the tiara and sash! Share the wealth! Its only fair. Get Mr. Screw a crown and mace.
Does he need the Mace to spray in the faces of people who wake him early from his naps?

Yes, yes, I know you didn't mean that kind of mace.

Having tracked the thread closely, I feel that I will have to donate at least 1.00.02. So... do we have to write personal checks or is there someplace to make our donation digitally (no puns intended, mostly).

Does he need the Mace to spray in the faces of people who wake him early from his naps?

Yes, yes, I know you didn't mean that kind of mace.

Having tracked the thread closely, I feel that I will have to donate at least 1.00.02. So... do we have to write personal checks or is there someplace to make our donation digitally (no puns intended, mostly).

My 1st reply here had this:

just saw the button on the donate page

If Valerie is a total smokeshow and you post pics of her, I'll add another 100.

Valerie is very pretty and and awesome woman. And her being a part of Rutgers family is the cherry on top of that sundae.

Here are some additional ideas, independent of winning or losing the game, to elevate the level of interest in the team's production at Iowa, help the Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club (SKWC), and add to the divine nature of the de facto Queen of Rutgers, Mrs. Screw. Adjust these ideas as you see fit or create some of your own, and consider that it may not be a good thing to tie in a donation to any particular player's performance.

$25 for each quarter we are ahead
$25 if our tight ends collectively catch three or more passes
$20 per fumble we recover
$20 per interception we get
$50 if we run a kickoff or punt back for a TD
$1/yard for our longest TD reception
$1/yard for our longest TD run
$15 for each sack of Iowa's QB
$25 if Mrs. Screw is identifiable, on camera, in the crowd

I'm in for $25 if our TE group catches three or more passes, $15 for each sack of Iowa's QB, $1/yard for our longest TD reception, and $50 if we run back a kickoff or punt for a TD, and $25 if we see Mrs. Screw on camera.

Any more donors (including recent graduates), even if for just one in-game donation tie-in?

Go RU, and long live the Queen!

Reactions: MrsScrew
Here are some additional ideas, independent of winning or losing the game, to elevate the level of interest in the team's production at Iowa, help the Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club (SKWC), and add to the divine nature of the de facto Queen of Rutgers, Mrs. Screw. Adjust these ideas as you see fit or create some of your own, and consider that it may not be a good thing to tie in a donation to any particular player's performance.

$25 for each quarter we are ahead
$25 if our tight ends collectively catch three or more passes
$20 per fumble we recover
$20 per interception we get
$50 if we run a kickoff or punt back for a TD
$1/yard for our longest TD reception
$1/yard for our longest TD run
$15 for each sack of Iowa's QB
$25 if Mrs. Screw is identifiable, on camera, in the crowd

I'm in for $25 if our TE group catches three or more passes, $15 for each sack of Iowa's QB, $1/yard for our longest TD reception, and $50 if we run back a kickoff or punt for a TD, and $25 if we see Mrs. Screw on camera.

Any more donors (including recent graduates), even if for just one in-game donation tie-in?

Go RU, and long live the Queen!

We should also make a point of recognizing that there are other teams within the sphere of Rutgers Athletics which could benefit from donations.

This is crucial because the non-revenue sports nearly always operate at a loss, are almost entirely dependent upon direct institutional support and so are constantly under the threat of budget-driven elimination.

A few years ago another football season ticket holder / donor and I teamed up to target our entire giving amount for the year to the gymnastics team. It basically quadrupled their revenue for the year.

It doesn't take a lot of money to make a huge difference to the non-revenue sports. I know that wrestling is in the spotlight, lately, but they also sell out the RAC and pull pretty big revenue numbers absent anyone's directed giving. I would encourage us, as a group, to embrace the possibility of directed giving to programs with a greater need.

Thank you for your time.

We should also make a point of recognizing that there are other teams within the sphere of Rutgers Athletics which could benefit from donations.

This is crucial because the non-revenue sports nearly always operate at a loss, are almost entirely dependent upon direct institutional support and so are constantly under the threat of budget-driven elimination.

A few years ago another football season ticket holder / donor and I teamed up to target our entire giving amount for the year to the gymnastics team. It basically quadrupled their revenue for the year.

It doesn't take a lot of money to make a huge difference to the non-revenue sports. I know that wrestling is in the spotlight, lately, but they also sell out the RAC and pull pretty big revenue numbers absent anyone's directed giving. I would encourage us, as a group, to embrace the possibility of directed giving to programs with a greater need.

Thank you for your time.

your point is well taken, people in our tailgate group support the swim/diving team.

but, the SKWC does not get money from Rutgers or from Wrestling. It is a non-profit organization that is run on donations.

From their website:

The mission of the Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club* (SKWC) is to support Rutgers University’s wrestling program and enhance the ability of fans to experience an elite level of wrestling and entertainment. The SKWC operates a number of programs and initiatives in pursuit of this mission. The three main functions of the SKWC are:

1. Local Sports Club
    – Under NCAA definitions, a local sports club may be operated at a college’s facilities for K-12 participants within 50 miles of campus. The SKWC boasts an elite K-12 wrestling club spear-headed by head coach Joe Pollard that operates year-round out of the Rutgers wrestling room. More information may be found here.
  2. SKWC, Inc
    – There are thousands of passionate fans of Rutgers Wrestling. The SKWC serves as a way to organize and inform those passionate fans while giving them a direct way to support the program. Members of the SKWC have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars that directly impact Rutgers student athletes daily since the organizations inception in 2011. To learn more about membership, click here.
  3. Olympic Regional Training Center
    – In the last decade, the national governing body of wrestling in the United States (USA Wrestling) began recognizing Regional Training Centers as a way to promote senior level wrestling and give a wider pool of athletes a way to train without relocating to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. A number of these RTC’s have naturally sprouted up at NCAA institutions, as collegiate athletes graduated but continued to pursue senior level wrestling careers while training on campus. In 2016, members of the Rutgers and Princeton wrestling communities joined together to pool resources, creating the New Jersey Regional Training Center. Under the direction of Head RTC Coach Reece Humphrey, the NJRTC practices on both the Rutgers and Princeton campuses on a rotating basis. The SKWC is responsible for sponsoring athletes who wish to live and train in the New Brunswick area, competing under the NJRTC banner. To learn more about these athletes, click here.
*In 2011, the IRS approved SKWC as a tax-exempt, charitable, educational organization in accordance with IRS code Section 501(c)3.

Thank you for your time.
Was waiting for someone else to post this, as it could become a wonderful tradition that we tie into various aspects of the football team. Might as well generate good will from the team that garners the most attention (and ire, from various quarters), and connect the respective athletics programs together in a new way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT