ADVERTISEMENT

To Spice Things Up A Little For the Football Game At Iowa, If We Win, In Mrs. Screw's Honor...

We should also make a point of recognizing that there are other teams within the sphere of Rutgers Athletics which could benefit from donations.

This is crucial because the non-revenue sports nearly always operate at a loss, are almost entirely dependent upon direct institutional support and so are constantly under the threat of budget-driven elimination.

A few years ago another football season ticket holder / donor and I teamed up to target our entire giving amount for the year to the gymnastics team. It basically quadrupled their revenue for the year.

It doesn't take a lot of money to make a huge difference to the non-revenue sports. I know that wrestling is in the spotlight, lately, but they also sell out the RAC and pull pretty big revenue numbers absent anyone's directed giving. I would encourage us, as a group, to embrace the possibility of directed giving to programs with a greater need.

Thank you for your time.
Nice gesture, but I won't be donating to Rutgers anymore outside of my seat donation. I refuse to fund incompetence any longer. Give me another Build Fund and I'll donate to that, just like the RFund.

I only donate to SKWC now. Rutgers has no say in where the money goes. And you can see the results. We now have world class training partners for our wrestlers. If Rutgers Administration was involved, the money would disappear into a black hole or be diverted to eliminate Direct Institutional support.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT