ADVERTISEMENT

To the guy in Sea Girt with the B1G R flag

In Sea Girt as well, I will have to put mine out, I put it out for fall in FB and continue for hoops. Although I do admit I get superstitious, after a loss, and take it down for a week to change luck. You may see the Yankee flag up, also my favorite southern rocks bands....Allmans, Marshall T, CDB, molly hatchett... Of course all the under the stars and stripes.

In Sea Girt as well, I will have to put mine out, I put it out for fall in FB and continue for hoops. Although I do admit I get superstitious, after a loss, and take it down for a week to change luck. You may see the Yankee flag up, also my favorite southern rocks bands....Allmans, Marshall T, CDB, molly hatchett... Of course all the under the stars and stripes.
Allman Brothers concerts were the best concerts I've ever been to. They sounded just like their records. We had a whole group of guys and gals that used to love going, such good times. Waterloo Village was my favorite place to see them.

dude throw the block R up there for the summer !!! Gotta help represent and show ‘em who the home town team is. I’m sick of seeing all these houses with bandwagon team flags up down the jersey shore. Non more puke worthy than the Pennsylvania team

If it’s the one on 1st with the ND and Duke flag… very nice
Not that one. Saw it yesterday on my way to the new Rod’s. I think it’s relatively new as well.

Parent’s live on the same street as The Parker House but the flagpole is set back closer to the house. Easy to miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
Allman Brothers concerts were the best concerts I've ever been to. They sounded just like their records. We had a whole group of guys and gals that used to love going, such good times. Waterloo Village was my favorite place to see them.
Used to live pretty close to Waterloo. We used to know the back way in through the International Trade Center. Saved a lot of time waiting in line for the many concerts we saw there. 😀

Reactions: koleszar
For all you Allman Bros fans, an offshoot band that many ABB fans like, is Sea Level (C Leavell). I recommend firing up your legal weed, sitting back and giving the following song (Sea Level's greatest song, IMO) a listen, while admiring your neighbor's flags. It's a good song right from the start, but the real magic happens later in the song, so keep listening:

Is one of my all time favorite songs from any band, along with In Memory of Elizabeth Reed from the ABB:

Reactions: RUGuitarMan

I saw them there when Rusted Root opened up for them. It was hot as hell that day! Dickie Betts was on fire

Gents, be back from biz trip on wed, will have the R up...

I'm in Manasquan since September and the yellow lot since 1983. So neighbors in both places, lol.
Good job repping the block R. I put out my block R and 1766 flags frequently. My neighbor across the street is an LSU grad and he always has his flag out in the Fall. And another neighbor puts out an App State flag. So the neighborhood looks collegiate.

66t1.png

For all you Allman Bros fans, an offshoot band that many ABB fans like, is Sea Level (C Leavell). I recommend firing up your legal weed, sitting back and giving the following song (Sea Level's greatest song, IMO) a listen, while admiring your neighbor's flags. It's a good song right from the start, but the real magic happens later in the song, so keep listening:

Is one of my all time favorite songs from any band, along with In Memory of Elizabeth Reed from the ABB:

The ABB was one of my …if not my favorite rock band going back to the early 1970s when I discovered their music. To this day, i think they are one of the most versatile and better live musical acts. They essentially established the musical template for what later became known as “Southern Rock” , a label they distanced themselves from and did not like. They were so much more than a “roadhouse boogie” band. From Soul to Jazz to blistering blues rock to ballads with a country feel. Musically, they are one of the best from that era.

Reactions: mildone
The ABB was one of my …if not my favorite rock band going back to the early 1970s when I discovered their music. To this day, i think they are one of the most versatile and better live musical acts. They essentially established the musical template for what later became known as “Southern Rock” , a label they distanced themselves from and did not like. They were so much more than a “roadhouse boogie” band. From Soul to Jazz to blistering blues rock to ballads with a country feel. Musically, they are one of the best from that era.
One of my favorites as well. Ironically, I’m not a big fan of either Southern Rock or country music, actually, I really dislike most country music. But they were kind of their own thing and were just good at what they did.

I was in a band for years that would play a very eclectic set of music, from Jeff Beck to Pat Metheny, Police to Santana, Led Zeppelin to Scofield to Grateful Dead, with a bunch of originals mixed in. But whatever we played any given night, we’d always end with a long rendition of Elizabeth Reed which always seemed like a crowd favorite.

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
One of my favorites as well. Ironically, I’m not a big fan of either Southern Rock or country music, actually, I really dislike most country music. But they were kind of their own thing and were just good at what they did.

I was in a band for years that would play a very eclectic set of music, from Jeff Beck to Pat Metheny, Police to Santana, Led Zeppelin to Scofield to Grateful Dead, with a bunch of originals mixed in. But whatever we played any given night, we’d always end with a long rendition of Elizabeth Reed which always seemed like a crowd favorite.
Yeah, sometimes I hear people say The Allman Bros are “Country Rock”. They obviously are not aware of their catalogue or need to have their hearing checked. Listen to their first 4 albums especially and you hear an eclectic mix of blues,rock,jazz. The live version of Elizabeth Reed on the Live At The Fillmore album is one of the finest instrumentals in rock history in my opinion. I can play the intro into the improvised section. A beautiful song.

Reactions: mildone
While we're on the topic of Block R sightings, every summer I go down to North Carolina to visit family at Holden Beach and I always play golf at Carolina National in Bolivia. For the past couple years I have seen a car with a Block R magnet on the back. I always wanted to ask the pro shop about it out of curiosity but didn't want to look like a creep. I haven't been down yet this year (going in a few weeks) but I've seen it a few times over the last few years.

I always enjoy seeing RU repped in spots that are off the beaten path.

While we're on the topic of Block R sightings, every summer I go down to North Carolina to visit family at Holden Beach and I always play golf at Carolina National in Bolivia. For the past couple years I have seen a car with a Block R magnet on the back. I always wanted to ask the pro shop about it out of curiosity but didn't want to look like a creep. I haven't been down yet this year (going in a few weeks) but I've seen it a few times over the last few years.

Liked Carolina National when I played it. A couple friends played it back in Feb/Mar.

How are Holden Beach and Carolina beach these days? We lived in Wilmington, NC from 1990-92, and we were pleased to find the Carolina Beach Boardwalk, which was like a small slice of NJ in NC.

Played golf at Longboat Key Club this winter and noticed a block R on a car. Struck up a conversation with guy in pro shop. He said there is a regular 4some of Rutgers guys down there. Also said the superintendent is a Rutgers alum and loves talking all things Rutgers. Super meets up with me on 3rd green and chatted me up for 3 or so holes. Don't think it would be creepy to acknowledge the R sighting. My experience has always been positive. Plus super told me not to worry about future tee time reservation. Text him and he will take care of it.

Played golf at Longboat Key Club this winter and noticed a block R on a car. Struck up a conversation with guy in pro shop. He said there is a regular 4some of Rutgers guys down there. Also said the superintendent is a Rutgers alum and loves talking all things Rutgers. Super meets up with me on 3rd green and chatted me up for 3 or so holes. Don't think it would be creepy to acknowledge the R sighting. My experience has always been positive. Plus super told me not to worry about future tee time reservation. Text him and he will take care of it.

Nice! Good advice. If I see that sticker again this summer I'll have to poke around. Thanks!

How are Holden Beach and Carolina beach these days? We lived in Wilmington, NC from 1990-92, and we were pleased to find the Carolina Beach Boardwalk, which was like a small slice of NJ in NC.

Only ever been to Holden Beach, and I haven't been there yet this year, but the past few years have always been great. A nice clean beach. Quieter beach town. Although they used to never charge for the beach or parking but I hear they started charging for parking this year...such is the way of the world these days.

Otherwise I always enjoy Holden as a nice change of pace from the more populated jersey beaches I tend to visit.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Only ever been to Holden Beach, and I haven't been there yet this year, but the past few years have always been great. A nice clean beach. Quieter beach town. Although they used to never charge for the beach or parking but I hear they started charging for parking this year...such is the way of the world these days.

Otherwise I always enjoy Holden as a nice change of pace from the more populated jersey beaches I tend to visit.
If you have not ventured up to Wilmington, it is a great little city with some excellent restaurants. We miss Wilmington and the beaches down there.

Sarasota?

ADVERTISEMENT