ADVERTISEMENT

TOC Highlights RC vs Don Bosco

I do not understand the criticism of Harper by some on this board. Easily the 2nd best player on court in that game from a talent and upside perspective. No brainer scholly by Pike/RU. Harper's offensive talent is better than any current RU player, including Sanders. Will that that talent be realized? It's all up to Pike and staff now.

I do not understand the criticism of Harper by some on this board. Easily the 2nd best player on court in that game from a talent and upside perspective. No brainer scholly by Pike/RU. Harper's offensive talent is better than any current RU player, including Sanders. Will that that talent be realized? It's all up to Pike and staff now.
he was schollie worthy but at this point he's still a little bit of a project. He really really should redshirt. I really question his foot speed and who he covers on the defensive end. I don't think he has the foot speed to cover a wing and I don't think he's strong enough yet to cover the 4. A redshirt year could do wonders.

he was schollie worthy but at this point he's still a little bit of a project. He really really should redshirt. I really question his foot speed and who he covers on the defensive end. I don't think he has the foot speed to cover a wing and I don't think he's strong enough yet to cover the 4. A redshirt year could do wonders.

I really agree with the redshirt ...especially if he is still growning. Year in the S&C could make him a dangerous PF with range to play the high post

It's amazing. You haven't even seen what he can offer on campus yet and people are promoting a redshirt. Highly doubt he redshirts.

Reactions: ChasRC69
You had me until “offensive talent...better...including Sanders.”

I like Harper, though. I’d take him over Peter Kiss if I’m making lineups.

Let's make dollar dog/16 handle bets on starting lineups next year.

Just to keep things interesting.

Let's make dollar dog/16 handle bets on starting lineups next year.

Just to keep things interesting.

Er... he's probably not starting either. I know you're not saying this, but it's okay for players to come off the bench, get some time and still develop.

Er... he's probably not starting either. I know you're not saying this, but it's okay for players to come off the bench, get some time and still develop.

Absolutely. I wasn't saying anything about Harper starting, lol. Just more so that I see a lot of conversation about potential starters and am trying to add some competition to the topic by way of consumption of dollar dogs. Lol.

I think what you said would be the perfect situation.

Reactions: dpwhite
We're going into year 3 w/ Pike. In case you haven't noticed, if a player can't defend and rebound, he will not play.
Before we put Harper in the starting lineup, or bury him on the bench, we need to see if he can defend.

Reactions: soundcrib
Doucoure/Carter/Thiam/Baker/Sanders

The only one I’m iffy on is Doucoure for Doorson.

ADVERTISEMENT