ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Savage and Art Sit

Greene Rice FIG

Hall of Famer
Dec 30, 2005
Can't help but think about how a NFL QB ended up leaving Rutgers because of a bad freshman year.

Circumstances are a little different here.

Assuming Art is the clear cut best QB in practice I really don't know how Ash should handle.

At least this week it is obvious that it is in everyone's best interest for him not to start this weekend.

Reactions: JRZEER
This is eerily similar. Both got beat up behind terrible o lines.

Can also see j Lewis transferring atvyear end.

Can't help but think about how a NFL QB ended up leaving Rutgers because of a bad freshman year.

Assuming Art is the clear cut best QB in practice I really don't know how Ash should handle.

At least this week it is obvious that it is in everyone's best interest for him not to start this weekend.
I thought he did ok as a frosh. I believe you are thinking of his sophomore year when he ended up on the bench.

Reactions: fsg2 and Jonb127

Savage did not have a bad freshman year! He was a freshman All-American! He started his sophomore year inconsistent and was benched by GS in game 3. He transferred out after his sophomore year.

So not the same situation at all. Savage has admitted that he should not have transferred out of Rutgers.

I thought Savage got hurt early in his Soph season and once healthy didn't want to compete in practice for his starting reps vs. Dodd.

Then his dad acted the fool and popped off to the wrong people.

Then Ol' Tommy thought texting with his GF while in the locker room during games was a good idea.

Then she transferred and like a good pu$$y whipped lap dog who felt he wasn't getting the respect he deserved from GS he followed her.

Somewhere down the line as evidenced by things he's said to the press he regrets the whole thing.

Did I hear wrong?

Just kidding, no matter what you say I know I heard right

Reactions: redking
I thought Savage got hurt early in his Soph season and once healthy didn't want to compete in practice for his starting reps vs. Dodd.

Then his dad acted the fool and popped off to the wrong people.

Then Ol' Tommy thought texting with his GF while in the locker room during games was a good idea.

Then she transferred and like a good pu$$y whipped lap dog who felt he wasn't getting the respect he deserved from GS he followed her.

Somewhere down the line as evidenced by things he's said to the press he regrets the whole thing.

Did I hear wrong?

Just kidding, no matter what you say I know I heard right

We benched a Freshman All American and future starting NFL QB for Chas Dodd. The fact that he transferred should not have shocked anyone and the fact that he says the right things today instead of bashing the program only shows what we lost. Only at Rutgers.

We benched a Freshman All American and future starting NFL QB for Chas Dodd. The fact that he transferred should not have shocked anyone and the fact that he says the right things today instead of bashing the program only shows what we lost. Only at Rutgers.
Typical Rutgers, always looking at the next new shiny toy.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
And there is a strong contingent of RU fans who want the coach that did that back.

Reactions: RUShea
All he had to do was outplay Dodd in practice for a week or two while he continued to heal. He felt he was above all that.

Oh well.

Savage left after a bad sophomore year.
A Freshman All American who ditched his teammates to spend time with his girlfriend down at the shore, who was late for and missed meetings, who got an attitude, who got outplayed in summer camp by Chas Dodd, yet despite all that got handed the starting job to start the season. Then, when he got hurt, Chas Dodd came in and showed why he had outplayed him in summer camp while he stood on the sidelines like a little storm cloud.

Despite all that, he wanted to come back for his junior year, and Schiano had informed him they were switching OC's and going back to a pro style offense. But his dad convinced him that he should transfer, which he finally did. His dad was very good at that: he convinced his older brother to transfer from, I believe, Wisconsin, and his older brother never had much of a career after that.

And there is a strong contingent of RU fans who want the coach that did that back.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Knight Shift
Funny that Savage and Dodd each had one of the best throws (IMO) in RU history....and both against UCONN.

Savage with the last second strike in 2009
And Dodd with the absurd fake in 2010

Savage left after a bad sophomore year.

A Freshman All American who ditched his teammates to spend time with his girlfriend down at the shore, who was late for and missed meetings, who got an attitude, who got outplayed in summer camp by Chas Dodd, yet despite all that got handed the starting job to start the season. Then, when he got hurt, Chas Dodd came in and showed why he had outplayed him in summer camp while he stood on the sidelines like a little storm cloud.

Despite all that, he wanted to come back for his junior year, and Schiano had informed him they were switching OC's and going back to a pro style offense. But his dad convinced him that he should transfer, which he finally did. His dad was very good at that: he convinced his older brother to transfer from, I believe, Wisconsin, and his older brother never had much of a career after that.

Sorry, I didn't know he went to the beach and missed a meeting. That explains it all. How could a program in as good of shape as Rutgers be expected to deal with that kind of kid? No other program ever deals with difficult kids. All those 4 and 5 star studs at other programs are always perfect saints. I forgot.

Reactions: fsg2
Sorry, I didn't know he went to the beach and missed a meeting. That explains it all. How could a program in as good of shape as Rutgers be expected to deal with that kind of kid? No other program ever deals with difficult kids. All those 4 and 5 star studs at other programs are always perfect saints. I forgot.

Great clueless response. Congratulations!

Reactions: RU-AGK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT