ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy DeVito Denied by NCAA, Sitkowski to Coach in 2023

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Did not see either posted.
Surprising move by Artur after DeVito was denied another year of eligibility. These things don't just happen to RU players.

Good for Artur, and a good move by him. Interesting comments by him on the Illinois program:

Sitkowski could have pushed for a chance to become a starter or at least serve another season as the top backup, but that meant he would have had to wait on his dream.

“It’s extremely hard. I think when spring ball rolls around next year it’s going to be rough, but I have a dream and a goal I want to accomplish," Sitkowski said. "I want to go chase that dream and pursue it. …I think it’s the people we have in the organization from a staff. I really believe the people in this organization are really special and I want to learn from them as much as I can and I want to be around them as much as I can from the position coaches to the (graduate assistants) to the (quality control coaches) to everybody. I just want to learn. I want to get into that room, and I want to learn from them. I just feel like it’s that time.”

Your jaw would drop if you know how much illinois had lines up for devito to stay. Its gonna be tough to compete in this new environment

Incredible how bad of a miss he was. I thought he was a 1st round NFL pick in HS. Nice kid. Wish him well.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Did not see either posted.
Surprising move by Artur after DeVito was denied another year of eligibility. These things don't just happen to RU players.

Good for Artur, and a good move by him. Interesting comments by him on the Illinois program:

Sitkowski could have pushed for a chance to become a starter or at least serve another season as the top backup, but that meant he would have had to wait on his dream.

“It’s extremely hard. I think when spring ball rolls around next year it’s going to be rough, but I have a dream and a goal I want to accomplish," Sitkowski said. "I want to go chase that dream and pursue it. …I think it’s the people we have in the organization from a staff. I really believe the people in this organization are really special and I want to learn from them as much as I can and I want to be around them as much as I can from the position coaches to the (graduate assistants) to the (quality control coaches) to everybody. I just want to learn. I want to get into that room, and I want to learn from them. I just feel like it’s that time.”

Congratulations on your decision.Best wishes for your future.PURSUE YOUR DREAM.

He's easy to root for, such a good guy. Glad Bielema gave him a chance to get a start.

Aaron Henry, who coached at RU under Ash, was just named DC by Bielema at Illinois. With Andy Buh as linebackers coach, Illinois is even on Minnesota as RU midwest.
This baffles me .. wasn’t Andy Buh the guy we had here who had no meaningful success at any of his stops? If I recall correctly, it was a huge WTF when he was hired and he underperformed even that level of expectations

Jeez - 14 jobs in 25 years
YearsUniversity/OrganizationPosition
2021-22IllinoisLinebackers
2020ArizonaOutside Linebackers
2019RutgersDefensive Coordinator
2016-18MarylandDefensive Coordinator
2015KentuckyOutside Linebackers/Co-Special Teams Coordinator
2013CaliforniaDefensive Coordinator/Linebackers
2012WisconsinLinebackers
2010-11NevadaDefensive Coordinator/Linebackers
2008-09StanfordCo-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
2007StanfordLinebackers
2006Fresno StateGraduate Assistant
2002-05San Diego StateLinebackers
2000-01CaliforniaDefensive Administrative Assistant
1999NevadaDefensive Backs/Special Teams
1997-98NevadaGraduate Assistant (Defensive Backs)

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeR0102
This baffles me .. wasn’t Andy Buh the guy we had here who had no meaningful success at any of his stops? If I recall correctly, it was a huge WTF when he was hired and he underperformed even that level of expectations
Yes not a good coach and I remember how bummed I was when he named coach here. Low energy and no pizazz at all.

His ceiling is position coach, namely LBs. Not a good coordinator though. Kind of like Ash as a DC or DB coach.

ADVERTISEMENT