ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight NW @ Minn on BTN

I'm watching this match and thinking to myself ... are we really that far behind in wrestling?

I mean, obviously we're behind. We just got our first AA in forever last year, and it wasn't like Perrotti was close to winning it all. NW v. Minn has two or three or so #1 seeded wrestlers. We've got five or so guys right around the brink of AA. It's a bit different. And there are SO many talented wrestlers in our conference, nonetheless nationally.

But as a dual meet team, I feel like we're headed in the right direction. And soon we'll have half our team AA'ing each year if we continue to bring in some talent each year. Need to pull off the big ones and grab an AA or Suriano type or two each year.

Northwestern coach drops the F bomb (completely audible on BTN) as they lose a pin to tie/possibly win the match taken away by being an inch off the mat. Wow!

By the way, it was a good call. Just sucks for NW.

LOL, I heard that. NW Harger almost got the pin which would have gave NW the win on criteria. Still some time left. Very good match !
Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
Northwestern coach drops the F bomb (completely audible on BTN) as they lose a pin to tie/possibly win the match taken away by being an inch off the mat. Wow!

Final Minn dodges a bullet 21-19. NJ Heavyweight, Chakonis, now rank 1 in the country pre season is committed to NW, will join Sebastian next season.

Originally posted by Abro1975:
LOL, I heard that. NW Harger almost got the pin which would have gave NW the win on criteria. Still some time left. Very good match !

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:

Abro1975-actually Minnesota would have won the tie-breaker. Shockingly the announcers had no clue about the tie-breakers. At least they were not as bad as Gable and company when Vtech and Ohio State tied....they said on the air it was a tie!! Lol
It would have come down to the first takedown and Minn had the 1st takedown in the dual.

ADVERTISEMENT