ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight - Who's #1 on Flo - Kyonte Hamilton in Action

Clearscreen25

All American
Mar 9, 2016
Kyonte versus Chase Horne (NC State commit). You need a Flo subscription to watch.

The matches start at 6:00pm EST. Kyonte is match #6 out of 14.

Kyonte was repping his RU sweatshirt in the pre-match interview and has a real quiet confidence about him. Impressive young man.

Here is the interview link but you also need a Flo subscription to view it: https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6587757-2020-whos-1/videos?playing=6787990

Good luck Kyonte!

Kyonte lost 10-6. trailed entire bout. Looks 40-50 pounds heavier since last season, and way out of shape.

Hamilton lost 10-6.

He got in on a single early in the 1st but it was well defended and when he tried to hip over, he gave up position and points. Got ridden out the rest of the period.

Got reversed in the 2nd and then had some nice, athletic moves to escape and get a takedown at the end of the period to go down 6-5.

Started on bottom in the 3rd, but gave up a tilt trying to make something happen which essentially put the match out of reach. Escaped with minimal time left and attempted a last shot, but gave up one last takedown in the process as time expired.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruready07
I don't agree with the lack of heart comment as that's BS and completely unnecessary, he was out there competing trying to prove something. Obviously it wasn't his best match. I'm sure he will be the 1st one to tell you that.

With that being said, he definitely looks much bigger and is clearly still getting comfortable in his body. He is insanely athletic and is used to physically dominating/overpowering his opponents. Against bigger guys and more technically sound ones, that obviously won't be possible.

He will learn (and I'm sure this will be a great learning experience for him) that some chances aren't worth taking and you always don't need to hit the big moves to win matches. He still so young and has a ton of upside/promise..can't wait to see what he does in the future at the RAC

Lots of #1s lost today, including the #1 overall/P4P guy in Figueroa from CA. He didn't look great and I don't think he ever got to Ayala's legs. Wasn't very impressive at all but shit happens.

T Mastro (Okie State) was getting absolutely mauled physically by Paddy Gallagher (tOSU commit) before his MFF. That is a bad dude.

Lots of #1s lost today, including the #1 overall/P4P guy in Figueroa from CA. He didn't look great and I don't think he ever got to Ayala's legs. Wasn't very impressive at all but shit happens.

T Mastro (Okie State) was getting absolutely mauled physically by Paddy Gallagher (tOSU commit) before his MFF. That is a bad dude.
Ayala’s motor totally fits Iowa.. he’s going to transition really well at the college lvl...

Along with Paddy, Nick Feldman also looked really impressive.. main event was great.. think all these guys will do well in college..

I noticed Dean Peterson trains with Frankie Edgar and SeaBass... did we have any chance recruiting him?? Kinda meh he’s going to Princeton instead.. he got big potential...

Ayala’s motor totally fits Iowa.. he’s going to transition really well at the college lvl...

Along with Paddy, Nick Feldman also looked really impressive.. main event was great.. think all these guys will do well in college..

I noticed Dean Peterson trains with Frankie Edgar and SeaBass... did we have any chance recruiting him?? Kinda meh he’s going to Princeton instead.. he got big potential...

Agreed. I was very impressed with Ayala and Feldman as well. Both have tremendous motors and are always attacking.

I'm not too familiar with Peterson's recruitment, so I have no insight there but I don't think there was ever much of a chance.

As far as I know, Kyonte is still playing football so his wrestling conditioning will not be the greatest. People mentioned he has packed some weight on and this will affect his conditioning until he can adjust and/or lose some of it. I dont see much of an issue here and I'm still very happy to have a very highly rated big man coming to Rutgers.

Hope it was Coronavirus related.

I hope that was an attempt at some snarky humor, otherwise that's a pretty idiotic comment.

It’s one offseason Match. He’ll be fine. Let him get here and get a redshirt year in and I’m sure he’ll look totally different.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
So let’s talk facts....... To be honest Kyonte did not prepare for the match the way we normally would. Due to his school and things being closed we are only able to practice 2days a week for 1hr. Yes his cardio WAS definitely a factor. Yes the weight gain over this covid break played a huge roll he went from 220 to 266 in 6 months that’s a huge pickup. And not taking nothing from chase the kid got the win fair and square. BUT mark my words come super 32 you’ll see the old Kyonte. Lessons are learned from the losses in life not the wins. (I’ve beaten better I’ve loss to worse this is just another stepping stone on my road to greatness) author Kyonte Hamilton

So let’s talk facts....... To be honest Kyonte did not prepare for the match the way we normally would. Due to his school and things being closed we are only able to practice 2days a week for 1hr. Yes his cardio WAS definitely a factor. Yes the weight gain over this covid break played a huge roll he went from 220 to 266 in 6 months that’s a huge pickup. And not taking nothing from chase the kid got the win fair and square. BUT mark my words come super 32 you’ll see the old Kyonte. Lessons are learned from the losses in life not the wins. (I’ve beaten better I’ve loss to worse this is just another stepping stone on my road to greatness) author Kyonte Hamilton
Good luck to you young man and much success on your high school career and your career at Rutgers!!!

220 to 266 in 6 months? I'd hate to see your grocery bill.

Thanks for sharing this. I think we all appreciate the transparency and honesty. I wish more parents would post here and join the community but I understand a few knuckleheads will ruin that opportunity.

I am very excited to see Kyonte perform both on the field and on the mat for Rutgers. B1G athlete. We need more like him.

The kid ain’t even here yet and you’re questioning his heart ...it’s idiots like you who throw shit against the wall to see if it sticks ...stupidest opinion I’ve ever seen ..

Agreed - give the kid a break (one loss is not the end of it all). He will be fine and learn from the loss.

The kid ain’t even here yet and you’re questioning his heart ...it’s idiots like you who throw shit against the wall to see if it sticks ...stupidest opinion I’ve ever seen ..
These are the Rutgers “ fans” who are either just stupid or not really fans. Time to stop these fools before they start... he’s done similar regarding other RU sports teams.

Thanks for the update Dad. You have an awesome son and should be very proud. Looking forward to seeing him on the banks. I live down the road from you. In Bethesda. Stay safe.

Reactions: elvis7
ADVERTISEMENT