ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's Crowd

RU-ROCS

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Hopefully its's loud, because it won't be full. I just went on ScarletKights.com and there are still plenty of tickets left in the outer 200 level not to mention plenty of seats in the 300 level. Disappointing for sure. I hope they free up some of the nosebleed seats to students who want them.

Hopefully its's loud, because it won't be full. I just went on ScarletKights.com and there are still plenty of tickets left in the outer 200 level not to mention plenty of seats in the 300 level. Disappointing for sure. I hope they free up some of the nosebleed seats to students who want them.

Don’t think anyone realistically expected it to be full.

It should be a great atmosphere

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Don’t think anyone realistically expected it to be full.

It should be a great atmosphere

Didn't expect a sellout, but was hoping for 7K. Right now that looks unlikely. Hopefully there is an overflow student turnout. That would make a huge difference in the atmosphere.

Reactions: MoobyCow
I for one think part of the problem is the tip off time. 7 makes it tough to make for the casual fan. My outside sources tell me of the 1500 student ticket allotment 1200 have been claimed. This was as of 2:30 today when I heard it, from my outside source.

I for one think part of the problem is the tip off time. 7 makes it tough to make for the casual fan. My outside sources tell me of the 1500 student ticket allotment 1200 have been claimed. This was as of 2:30 today when I heard it, from my outside source.

Exactly what time do you expect the start of the game to be? When we have 9pm games, people complain like crazy.

Best of Luck,
Groz

That’s good (for us) considering we have the worst attendance in the conference but 1200 out of 30 something thousand students is pretty poor to say the least.

Reactions: bac2therac
Exactly what time do you expect the start of the game to be? When we have 9pm games, people complain like crazy.

Best of Luck,
Groz

FWIW, Back before TV took over all scheduling, games used to tip-off at 7:30 p.m. That extra half hour was key to getting to a game on time from work. But, now that even internet TV dictates the time, those days are long gone.

That’s good (for us) considering we have the worst attendance in the conference but 1200 out of 30 something thousand students is pretty poor to say the least.

It really is quite amazing given how many students (thousands?) now live only a stone's throw away in all of the new apartments near the RAC. They are almost right on top of the front door to the RAC and still they stay away in droves!

I wonder how much more f an allegiance part time, Camden, and Newark students feel towards the central campus sports unless it’s really a grand affair?

Just went on.
section
201 17 seats
202 8 seats
206 3 seats
207 10 seats
211 23 seats
216 3 seats
217 21 seats
all other lower/comparable sections are full
301-307 averaging half full
311-316 more than 3/4 full
317 almost empty

Wish I could go, but not in the cards tonight.

I did some math too. There are about 2300 seats in the 300 level. It’s a tough sell when almost 30 percent of the seats are considered rather undesirable.

10 of the 14 300 level sections have 192 seats each. The 4 corner 300 level sections have 96 each.

Last edited:
FWIW, Back before TV took over all scheduling, games used to tip-off at 7:30 p.m. That extra half hour was key to getting to a game on time from work. But, now that even internet TV dictates the time, those days are long gone.
Agreed. The 7:30 tip off or even 8 allows for reasonable time to get home and get to the rac.

Rutgers needs to put the students in the best sideline seats. The older, subdued, sullen fans who are there right now looked like they were falling asleep during the game. No energy whatsoever. Compare this to the atmosphere at Duke or Nebraska or any of many teams where the students bring so much energy to the area around the court.

Last edited:
Students were loud but everytime it looked like we could come back they hit a 3 in our face. Deflated the crowd.

Rutgers needs to put the students in the best sideline seats. The older, subdued, sullen fans who are there right now looked like they were falling asleep during the game. No energy whatsoever. Compare this to the atmosphere at Duke or Nebraska or any of many teams where the students bring so much energy to the area around the court.
There is fan reaction when you have a team that makes baskets .Moving the students is ridiculous because many games there is a very small student attendance.

The answer to all your questions is.....$$$

Reactions: Caliknight
Crowd was dead tonight after first 5 minutes. This game was hard to get loud for as both teams were horrible in the first half. Maybe football beat downs killing our enthusiasm.

Crowd was great and juiced until about the 8 or 10 minute mark...then the team just played poorly the rest of the game..cannot fault the crowd at all..they were waiting to explode..once RU got to 24-23..that was it

Reactions: KnightTerrors
How would that look last Sunday when 13 students showed up?
ow

Crowds almost always follow wins, not the other way around

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT