ADVERTISEMENT

Tooth Infection

Donna_J

Redshirt
May 15, 2017
Hi all, I am here for some words of advice and encouragement. My front tooth is infected and I'm going to get a root canal on it. I am not having any sort of pain or discomfort but it is starting to darken over the last few months. The tooth has started to bother me, making it difficult to drink anything cold. I visited a nearby dentist in Mississauga and I was told that I need a root canal therapy. I took the x-ray and it showed that my tooth was severely infected which was close to the root/nerve. I am really scared to do any kind of dental procedure, mainly because of the big needle. Has anyone here taken root canal process? How did the treatment go for you? Please share your thoughts.

Last edited:
Hi all, I am here for some words of advice and encouragement. My front tooth is infected and I'm going to get a root canal on it. I am not having any sort of pain or discomfort but it is starting to darken over the last few months. The tooth has started to bother me, making it difficult to drink anything cold. I visited a nearby dentist in Mississauga and I was told that I need a root canal therapy. I took the x-ray and it showed that my tooth was severely infected which was close to the root/nerve. I am really scared to do any kind of dental procedure, mainly because of the big needle. Has anyone here taken root canal process? How did the treatment go for you? Please share your thoughts.

Assuming this is a legit post and not some troll post or metaphor ----, as stated earlier, the football board is an amazing place due to the traffic and the diversity of opinion and they do have lots of OT topics so you will get better answers there.
That said, I am not a dentist and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express: a root canal is not pleasant but you need to find a dentist (endodonist) who is aware of your concerns and will make you as comfortable as possible.

For example, I have a friend who would get laughing gas before anything was done to her mouth.

I have had dental implants (screws drilled into your jawbone is the starting point and I had one case where the screw drill bit broke off due to my tough bone structure..Comes from being a Rutgers fan) that were more pleasant than the one root canal I had, partly because the standard of care for a root canal is to practically suffocate you - or so claimed the endodontist. Tell the dr about your fear of needles - they can do things so you don't see/hear/feel the needle.

A front tooth is very important so get it treated. Get a second opinion from professionals. Mississauga is not NJ but there have to be options.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MADHAT1
So I think this person was a troll or spammer, as they never logged back in.

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT