ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 Class

This is building excitement. The right coaches and improved facilities and we'll make some noise.

Reactions: TheRacRU
So how long is Pike's contract?

Probably too early to talk about that. If he keeps this thing progressing he will get paid. I am not worried about keeping him around. He's got an insane amount of talent in his backyard. Rutgers is a B1G school. We are building a state of the art practice and wellness center right next door. Last but not least, the man will have one of the most stable jobs in college athletics if he can finally get us to the dance.

He will get paid.

Probably too early to talk about that. If he keeps this thing progressing he will get paid. I am not worried about keeping him around. He's got an insane amount of talent in his backyard. Rutgers is a B1G school. We are building a state of the art practice and wellness center right next door. Last but not least, the man will have one of the most stable jobs in college athletics if he can finally get us to the dance.

He will get paid.
B1G $ will take care of that in a few years.

Does anyone know what the grey shaded number below it means? #5? Is that a composite ranking?

I wouldn't worry too much about that treeguy. It is very early in the process and the numbers you see today will not resemble the final list.

I wouldn't worry too much about that treeguy. It is very early in the process and the numbers you see today will not resemble the final list.

I just wanted to know what the shaded number means. Your answer has nothing to do with that, and I am not worried about anything, but thanks for chiming in.

He will get paid.
Not everyone is looking to leave where they are. He stayed at his last school for 12 years, plus if he wins the Big 10 or makes it to the final four then why even leave. He also seems to love it at RU.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Does anyone know what the grey shaded number below it means? #5? Is that a composite ranking?
Thats the 247 rating. The main number is the composite. We are rated #9 composite and #5 by 247.

I don't think Coach is going anywhere. He seems to love it at RU and he is very close to Connecticut as he was at Stony Brook. U Conn is not in the ACC or the BIG so why would he go back there. Of course he has memories but he has stated that he always thought of RU as a great place to coach. I have spoken with him many times and he is always so enthusiastic about RU.

Let's not forget his staff, money will be made available if we succeed. Let's also not forget Adidas, contract obligations aside, who will pour money into advertising in the NYC area. Three Stripe Knights is part of a strategy that has a HUGE upside as some would say....

Let's not forget his staff, money will be made available if we succeed. Let's also not forget Adidas, contract obligations aside, who will pour money into advertising in the NYC area. Three Stripe Knights is part of a strategy that has a HUGE upside as some would say....

This is why I asked about contract – if he can keep this coaching staff together I think they may have something special.

I'm just being nosey because I'm on the football board but its simple when you have a coach turning around your program. Just look at Coach Avery and what he's doing down here. Sell out that building and make it a sea of scarlet on television. Your buzz of this program is rapidly growing and the fans must show your coach they care.

He will get paid.
The Scarlet P Lot (which is ground Zero for the Rutgers 2030 Practice Facility and 4 story parking deck) is scheduled to close on September 1. Is that the shovel in ground date for the new facility? Seems premature. Tell me they're just resurfacing it. Right now parking there is like a Moon Landing and parking for the Business School really sucks. Hopefully before they start the new center they'll create a new lot across Avenue E from RBS. Especially if they build out the new Hotel and Conference Center in the same phase. Looking at the map all that open land along Avenue E and Road 3 reeks of Green Acres restrictions.

Pikiell may obviously leave at some point in the future, but it won't be for UCONN. That's a backwards move at this point.

This is why I asked about contract – if he can keep this coaching staff together I think they may have something special.
I believe it's 5 years. You typically see the next contract signed going into year 3 so any recruits know he's there for the term of their 4 years at minimum.

I think he's building something special brick by brick and he knows exactly what he needs to be successful. It's a process but you could see the results are going to come. We need that same feeling from the football program and hopefully that will show up this season.

It's early on and we have two four stars and a three star (depending where you look). To me that sounds like a possible low top 25 class. Hope we can continue this success in recruiting,

If RU is successful. we will have the top assistants leaving in year or two, to take HC jobs. How it works. Luke Walton was a fine assistant to Steve Kerr, even filling in very well for an extended stretch, which got him the Lakers' job. Assistants getting HC jobs makes other good young coaches more eager to come to New Brunswick for their apprenticeship. If we are successful, no reason for Pikiell to leave, given the talent around NJ and the contacts he is making. Maybe his family would rather live in California than in the Garden State; no accounting for taste. Not many states I would NOT leave NJ for, if I were unfortunate enough to live there; California is one of them, until partition.
TL

That is amazing, really a nice job by the staff, and there are still to 4 star players considering coming to the Banks. Wow

It's great publicity and the early buzz is great, but the #10 ranking will not stand for long as more recruits start to commit and with Rutgers only having 1 spot left. Unless we grab Jalen Carey.

Two 150 recruits....86 and 119, with a 3rd outside of the top 200 will probably not be a Top 10 class. But, for now, I like the regional and some national buzz.

We probably will not stay in the Top 10 but being there now brings us positive attention that we have not had in a very long time.If Carey ever committed we would be off the charts.That would be like a miracle rebuild in a very short time.

It's great publicity and the early buzz is great, but the #10 ranking will not stand for long as more recruits start to commit and with Rutgers only having 1 spot left. Unless we grab Jalen Carey.

Two 150 recruits....86 and 119, with a 3rd outside of the top 200 will probably not be a Top 10 class. But, for now, I like the regional and some national buzz.

Correct

However....jalen Carey added to this mix would probably make it around 15 when it is all said and done

It's great publicity and the early buzz is great, but the #10 ranking will not stand for long as more recruits start to commit and with Rutgers only having 1 spot left.

Really no telling how many sports we'll have left for 2018 right now. Just happy to be seeing positive buzz around recruitment at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT