ADVERTISEMENT

Top 100 College BB Coaches

Well, I’ll be honest, this is just one publications opinion and of course it’s very subjective. Hey, in my opinion there are a few ahead of Pike that, in my opinion, are not as good and I think I’m happy with some big time names behind him.
I think the point of the matter in terms of a head coaches ranking and where he actually ranks with the personnel, staff and fans is way more important.
I truly don’t see more than one or two - in the top ten - that I would want as a head coach at this University. I really mean that.
I like Pike… I got the button, the shirt, the seats and the passion.
I LIKE PIKE…

Stuff like this is a conversation starter for fans from schools to argue over. It's stuff you see during the off season when there is not College BB news.

How is Juwan Howard #13 ?

Imagine if they posted this a few years ago? Where do you think Eddie or Freddie would have ranked?

Reactions: Local Shill
Well, I’ll be honest, this is just one publications opinion and of course it’s very subjective. Hey, in my opinion there are a few ahead of Pike that, in my opinion, are not as good and I think I’m happy with some big time names behind him.
I think the point of the matter in terms of a head coaches ranking and where he actually ranks with the personnel, staff and fans is way more important.
I truly don’t see more than one or two - in the top ten - that I would want as a head coach at this University. I really mean that.
I like Pike… I got the button, the shirt, the seats and the passion.
I LIKE PIKE…
I agree.

1. In this ranking, there are coaches ahead of Pike that cheat or are asses (hi Juwan!) that I don’t want here.

2. There are LOTS of big name coaches that are behind Pike. And they should be. Pike kills it!

Guys and Gals, Steve Pikiell is a winner and an awesome leader and super person. I LIKE PIKE!!!!!

Last edited:
Pike is listed near some legit legends. Top 30 and ascending is amazing respect at this point in Pike’s tenure.
Where would Pike have been 6 years ago when he was first hired? Yup.

And look where he is now. And Pike is ASCENDING.

Thank God we have Steve Pikiell!!!

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Where would Pike have been 6 years ago when he was first hired? Yup.

And look where he is now. And Pike is ASCENDING.

Thank God we have Steve Pikiell!!!
Looks like the site is a young guy in Iowa trying to make a splash as a sports journalist. Well no one can say that Pike hasn’t made an impression. With all the recent retirements of some longtime coaches, the list doesn’t seem all that biased or too wonky. For Jim Boeheim, it might be a little rough though.
He did give props to Rick Pitino…representing the mature cohort. Although, he probably should be #1 for overall body of work.

Last edited:
Did the writer give his criteria? If you're a Duke, NC, or Kentucky, you should not be as highly ranked as a coach who does more with less. Getting high level recruits and total wins is not as important, imo, as taking lower ranked kids and developing them and game planning for them so that you achieve above expectations. So, Pike, Pitino, Carlisimo, John Chaney, Mick Cronin, Larry Brown, are some of the coaches who I'd rank higher than some of the bluebloods. But there are always exceptions such as Calipari at UMass was a better coach than Calipari at Kentucky.

Amazingly, Rick Pitino has been under .500 twice in his college coaching career:
BU ‘80-81 13-14
Hawaii. ‘75-76 2-4

Pike is ranked higher than a few legit names. 29 is not bad. This ranking just reminded me how many really good coaches they are in college basketball

Why in your opinion is it nonsense?
Because the guy who created it has no credibility. He's just some guy who makes these graphics to generate buzz on social media, and people who take it seriously fall into the trap. Who cares where this dope thinks Pikiell or any other coach ranks? It's irrelevant and gets people up in arms for no good reason.

Because the guy who created it has no credibility. He's just some guy who makes these graphics to generate buzz on social media, and people who take it seriously fall into the trap. Who cares where this dope thinks Pikiell or any other coach ranks? It's irrelevant and gets people up in arms for no good reason.
Why would you be dumb enough to take it seriously?

ADVERTISEMENT