ADVERTISEMENT

Top 30 up and coming WBB Coaches

Interesting they didn’t mention Berube or Reiss. Many of the coaches in the article did get a head job (Ralph) or upgraded (Newton to Assoc HC, Bucknell coach moved to bigger conf) since being published.

So a three year old article did the job that some head-hunting firm is being paid big $$ to do now! Seems reasonable! 😆
Not sure what point you are making. It's a list of 30 coaches that someone thought were rising stars a few years ago. The next coach could come from that list....or maybe not.

Last edited:
My guess is the new coach will be named the first week of June if the reports that Stringer’s contract doesn’t end until then.

My guess is the new coach will be named the first week of June if the reports that Stringer’s contract doesn’t end until then.
Why would stringers contract duration have to do with the new hire…she already said she’s “done”

I ‘m just giving Hobb’s the benefit of what the peanut gallery was stating that her contract is up when ? …?June 15, 2022 … yes I’m well aware she says she packing it in. June 1 st sounds good .

I believe t since she already announced her retirement, and settled the financial terms of retiring (a little over$800,000payout instead of the around $2.2 million owed if she stayed the full term or had to be bought out .So there's no problem hiring replacement now , even if it's September her retirement becomes official when she receives the $872,988 agreed upon
The money being paid probably is why September is the official date, and not sooner ..
If paid sooner the date of payment would be the official date she retired.

No reason to suspect no one will be hired before June,except finding a quality candidate might be hard to do with most tied up and checking backgrounds for those interested needs to be done carefully so no surprises pop up.

I believe t since she already announced her retirement, and settled the financial terms of retiring (a little over$800,000payout instead of the around $2.2 million owed if she stayed the full term or had to be bought out .So there's no problem hiring replacement now , even if it's September her retirement becomes official when she receives the $872,988 agreed upon
The money being paid probably is why September is the official date, and not sooner ..
If paid sooner the date of payment would be the official date she retired.

No reason to suspect no one will be hired before June,except finding a quality candidate might be hard to do with most tied up and checking backgrounds for those interested needs to be done carefully so no surprises pop up.
Well let’s see Monday is May 23 2022… leaves 8 days to seal a new deal for a HC . Hope it’s a good one.

Well let’s see Monday is May 23 2022… leaves 8 days to seal a new deal for a HC . Hope it’s a good one.
Might take longer than 8 days.
Don't know why you have June First as the day RU can hire Stringers replacement.?
Know that's the date men's college basketball players must withdraw from the draft and announce they intend to return to play college ball..

Hobbs can hire someone today, but I feel the process will be slow because a lot the possible coaching candidates ( in my opinion) Hobbs contacted expressed that weren't available and the ones he now is looking at need to be vetted so skeletons in closet don't pop up unexpectedly.

I know RU needs to hire someone ASAP, but there isn't a date set that keeps Hobbs from bringing in the replacement.
Only finding a quality candidate that will accept the position and vetting them is the problem

Are you serious? All I did was give an opinion …an arbitrary date in time and as is normal some love to make it out to be more than what it is. Did you actually live in a bubble growing up? Can someone conjecture a date without the DHS getting involved . Use your brain folks …

And as for why June first ? No particular reason . We haven’t had a coach in over a year now so who cares what date. Typical mindset of some can’t guess. BTW : have not seen Stringers signed and dated resignation papers and I sincerely doubt only a few have.

And as for why June first ? No particular reason . We haven’t had a coach in over a year now so who cares what date. Typical mindset of some can’t guess. BTW : have not seen Stringers signed and dated resignation papers and I sincerely doubt only a few have.
Take heart, you might not have seen her retirement papers, but it’s been reported CVS has announced she’s officially retired.

>“I am officially announcing my retirement,” Stringer in a statement. “My life has been defined by coaching and I’ve been on this journey for over five decades. It is rare that someone gets to do what they love for this long and I have been fortunate to do that. I love Rutgers University for the incredible opportunity they offered me and the tremendous victories we achieved together.”<

https://whyy.org/articles/rutgers-coach-c-vivian-stringer-announces-retirement/

Are you serious? All I did was give an opinion …an arbitrary date in time and as is normal some love to make it out to be more than what it is. Did you actually live in a bubble growing up? Can someone conjecture a date without the DHS getting involved . Use your brain folks …
no bubble, just wondered why you think a date needs to be set for hiring Stringer's replacement implying her contract is up June 15th , even though that doesn't matter since she officially retired April 30th
What you did was made it Shakespearean (,Much Ado About Nothing) 😉
with your peanut gallery statement , then arbitrarily giving a date the replacement should be hired by.

No need to become upset when you're questioned about the meaning of what you posted.
Inquiring minds what to know and see if it's something that can be agreed with or the latest conspiracy theory, over the hiring process, to be ignored.

Joy Cheek is interesting if a young up and coming P5 assistant is considered. Originally from Maryland.

Last edited:
no bubble, just wondered why you think a date needs to be set for hiring Stringer's replacement implying her contract is up June 15th , even though that doesn't matter since she officially retired April 30th
What you did was made it Shakespearean (,Much Ado About Nothing) 😉
with your peanut gallery statement , then arbitrarily giving a date the replacement should be hired by.

No need to become upset when you're questioned about the meaning of what you posted.
Inquiring minds what to know and see if it's something that can be agreed with or the latest conspiracy theory, over the hiring process, to be ignored.
It doesn’t matter what you or I think. I said a date of June 1 st. You act like a child on something which is arbitrary to the entire situation.

It doesn’t matter what you or I think. I said a date of June 1 st. You act like a child on something which is arbitrary to the entire situation.
Ok , think what you will.
Not a big deal to me.

Ok , think what you will.
Not a big deal to me.
That’s the point it isn’t important at this stage but Vivian Stringer could have or her counsel could have approached Hobbs. She was never going to lose $$$$ or benefits.

That’s the point it isn’t important at this stage but Vivian Stringer could have or her counsel could have approached Hobbs. She was never going to lose $$$$ or benefits.
Benefits I agree she probably wouldn't give up, especially health benefits for her and daughter.
As for $$$ she settled for about 1/3 of what she was due if Hobbs terminated her contract without cause.
Not sure if heath would be a valid reason top be terminated for cause.
I'm under the impression, without proof, Vivian didn't want to retire and her health wasn't good enough to continue coaching but she felt with time her health would improve enough to return and took a LOA so she'd have time to get healthy enough to return.

I wouldn't be surprised o find out that Hobbs let Stringer know by the end of last extension she had to be healthy enough to come back or he expected her to retire.
Seeing that her health not improving like hoped for, CVS made the choice to retire and negotiated a financial settlement.for less money then owed for full term of contract , but ( my own thoughts , nothing I know or found anywhere) with a health package that covered Vivian and her daughter.

I believe CVS waited far to long to admit her health wouldn't allow her to return, that put RU in the bind it's in now when searching for a HC

One thing that's ridiculous, in my opinion, about this whole situation is how the lack of communication by Hobbs, Stringer and RU to RU WBB fans made it so everyone doesn't know what exactly was going on that caused the LOA and what's going on now about her retirement, except the $872,988 payout agreed upon and the date the retirement is effective
Leading to RU fans coming up with their own speculations and no one can prove they are right or wrong because of the lack of info that was and still is being provided about the LOA and retirement terms.

Last edited:
Conjecture and Excuses ? Here’s the real world picture .It’s May 23, 2022. RU WBB has not had a HC in over 1 year and unless one is named soon we can definitely write off next season. The insurance was not the problem as RU either way was on the hook. What I said was Stringer and her legal counsel could have worked it out with RU ,Hobb’s and probably NJ power brokers.and still Rutgers is going to place her name on the RAC flooring. How kewl is that.?

Conjecture and Excuses ? Here’s the real world picture .It’s May 23, 2022. RU WBB has not had a HC in over 1 year and unless one is named soon we can definitely write off next season. The insurance was not the problem as RU either way was on the hook. What I said was Stringer and her legal counsel could have worked it out with RU ,Hobb’s and probably NJ power brokers.and still Rutgers is going to place her name on the RAC flooring. How kewl is that.?
I stated my opinion Stringer wasn't ready to retire and her health was a problem, so took LOA to try and improve health enough to come back.
That's it and I agree she waited too ong before admiting she wasn't going to be healthy enought to coach in the 2022-23 season.

You can speculate about her working things out earlier, I can speculate the reason it didn't happen that way was because Stringer didn't want to retire and only when had to admit ( to herself) she couldn't come back for next year did she decide to retire and work out a retirement package with Hobbs.

Plain and simple, CVS asked for LOA because of health issues, retired because those health issues wern't going away and once forced to admit she couldn't come back like she wanted, worked with Hobbs on a retirement package.

We can all speculate about the past situation . CViv Stringer who had every right to ask for the LOA still in the end put the screws to Rutgers, I maintain this could have been resolved back after the Final 4 and EVERYONE involved would have been happy at the outcome. Rutgers was not going to deny her insurance coverage , severance and the remaining money left on her contract. Admittedly she played Rutgers and as dear ole Rutgers has done time after time , they will happily bend over , spread dem arse cheeks and say all is well On The Banks of the Old Raritan. Good riddance and remember everytime you go to the RAC and see her name on that floor. It was never about the daughter nor Stringers alleged health illness . It came strictly down to the advice of her agent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT