ADVERTISEMENT

Topdecktiger / Clemson v. Louisville

Wolv RU

All American
Nov 7, 2003
Curious on any thoughts on this big game this weekend from the Clemson (or Louisville) fans.

While I've seen a lot more of Louisville than Clemson this year, it seems to me that Clemson will have to play a lot better than it has so far this year to have a chance. They are obviously capable of doing so as they have so many returning players from last year's team.

Interestingly, if Louisville wins this week they will all but secure their spot in the ACC title game. Not sure many would have predicted that before the season.

Curious on any thoughts on this big game this weekend from the Clemson (or Louisville) fans.

While I've seen a lot more of Louisville than Clemson this year, it seems to me that Clemson will have to play a lot better than it has so far this year to have a chance. They are obviously capable of doing so as they have so many returning players from last year's team.

Interestingly, if Louisville wins this week they will all but secure their spot in the ACC title game. Not sure many would have predicted that before the season.

If UL wins at Clemson, they will certainly be in the driver's seat in the Atlantic, with only WF, NC State, and BC remaining in the division and Duke and UVa as their cross-over games (the ACC still plays just 8 conference games). So, while nothing is guaranteed, they would seem to have by far the easiest path to the ACC CCG.

As for the NC playoffs, UL will still have to take on Houston during the regular season. I'm rooting for UL to win the ACC but it will end with that. The thought of them losing to Houston and keeping the ACC out of the NC playoffs is just too satisfying to ignore.

Interestingly, the line opened at Clemson -3. It is now at Louisville -2. That is quite a shift.

If Clemson wins, and then loses to Florida State, the ACC would use some advanced statistic analytics formula to decide which of those three teams goes to the ACC title game. From an outsider's perspective, that would be pretty interesting -- would spark debates quite similar to those surrounding the BCS computers.

Louisville is the favorite, not talking betting-wise, but on the field. They are simply playing better right now. Clemson's problem on offense is the offensive line. (It's always been a problem. They were just able to hide it for the past couple of years.) Defensively, they are actually playing better than expected, but seeing what Louisville did to Florida St's defense, it's going to be a tall order to stop them. I expect Clemson to play better defensively than Florida St, but "better" in that case may just mean keeping them under 50. The one ace in the hole Clemson has is home field advantage. I'm curious how Louisville will react to a big game on the road. Bottom line, this one will be tough game for Clemson to pull off.

Louisville is the favorite, not talking betting-wise, but on the field. They are simply playing better right now. Clemson's problem on offense is the offensive line. (It's always been a problem. They were just able to hide it for the past couple of years.) Defensively, they are actually playing better than expected, but seeing what Louisville did to Florida St's defense, it's going to be a tall order to stop them. I expect Clemson to play better defensively than Florida St, but "better" in that case may just mean keeping them under 50. The one ace in the hole Clemson has is home field advantage. I'm curious how Louisville will react to a big game on the road. Bottom line, this one will be tough game for Clemson to pull off.

Didnt realize that O-line was an issue for Clemson. I think it was after week 2 that Dabo was saying they had more drops already from receivers than all last year. Seemed like a reasonable explanation at the time.

Louisville's offense has been out of this world so far this year... Especially in the first half of games. Was listening to the Feldman/Mandel podcast and they were debating whether this is the latest instance of a "september heisman" that is long forgotten about by November or the beginning of season long domination. I havent seen anything that indicates they will slow down as they absolutely shredded a good FSU defense and usually the instances in the past where guys faded were where they ran up against the good defenses later in the year.

i do think the Louisville defense may not hold up all year. If Clemson is going to win I think they keep it close (but still trail) at half and win the second half. Something like a 45-42 game.

Should be a great one.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT