ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU game at 7:30pm!

Please tell me there aren't any potential storms out there waiting to ruin an all-dayer??!!!
Not unless Maria decides to do a loop-de-loop after making her run offshore run off the east coast (hopefully) and then crashes into P'way on Day 12, i.e., 9/30. Can't even forecast such a thing after Day 10 and there's no model support for it, but it's theoretically possible.

There's more to it than that. The contract has a number of stipulations. One is OSU has to play 2 noon games on BTN and one had to be against a conference team. That was a key in the thought process
And that thought was expressed by OSU fans as well.. that OSU would be off the hook for another BTN appearance after the Rutgers game.. they also figured noon. If anything.. this reinforces the idea that ANY Rutgers game (against a power team) pulls in good numbers for advertisers.

Not unless Maria decides to do a loop-de-loop after making her run offshore run off the east coast (hopefully) and then crashes into P'way on Day 12, i.e., 9/30. Can't even forecast such a thing after Day 10 and there's no model support for it, but it's theoretically possible.

Yeah I'm more worried about more (softball) playoff games getting cancelled next week. Thought we were gonna get dumped on today, and not (finally) get our 1st one in, but Jose said "no way, I'm going out to sea!!!" thank God!

* Not unless Maria decides to do a loop-de-loop after making her run offshore run off the east coast (hopefully) and then crashes into P'way on Day 12, i.e., 9/30. Can't even forecast such a thing after Day 10 and there's no model support for it, but it's theoretically possible.
And there it is...

1. Rutgers fans happy
2. tOSU fans happy
3. TV people happy

So this obviously means...

Mother Nature: Hey God!

God: Yes, dear?

Mother Nature: Wanna see something funny....*

God: Why would you do this? It's not a WVU game.

Mother Nature: I know, but still funny. It's Rutgers, right?

God: You got a point. LOL

Last edited:
Yeah I'm more worried about more (softball) playoff games getting cancelled next week. Thought we were gonna get dumped on today, and not (finally) get our 1st one in, but Jose said "no way, I'm going out to sea!!!" thank God!
If you had been reading the Jose thread, you'd have known that Jose was not going to be much of a threat, especially inland from the immediate coast... :>)

And there it is...

1. Rutgers fans happy
2. tOSU fans happy
3. TV people happy

So this obviously means...

Mother Nature: Hey God!

God: Yes, dear?

Mother Nature: Wanna see something funny....*

God: Why would you do this? It's not a WVU game.

Mother Nature: I know, but still funny. It's Rutgers, right?

God: You got a point. LOL

I drove from Ohio for that WVU Halloween blizzard game, only to have to turn around on the highway on the way to the stadium Saturday morning because the roads were so bad. Weather was perfect on Friday & Sunday. If that wasn't proof that God hates Rutgers I don't know what is.

I drove from Ohio for that WVU Halloween blizzard game, only to have to turn around on the highway on the way to the stadium Saturday morning because the roads were so bad. Weather was perfect on Friday & Sunday. If that wasn't proof that God hates Rutgers I don't know what is.

We had SHIT weather for, IIRC, the last 6 games we played vs WVU at HPSS. It was simply stunning. Totally messed up multiple sellouts.

Reactions: G-Bake
We had SHIT weather for, IIRC, the last 6 games we played vs WVU at HPSS. It was simply stunning. Totally messed up multiple sellouts.

SHIT-DOODIE-POOPIE is in the eye of the beholder - I loved that WVU game in the snow at HPSS - I just hated that we plowed the friggin' field for the faster team. :>)

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Clearly Ped is taking over WVU in the crazy weather dept, luckily the first time it cleared up before the game. I'm sure this year we will have a blizzard.

The last home game against Ohio State was wild. Their fanbase is something else. Took over NYC and Piscataway that weekend. At one point, I believe the RU band come over to our section and played the OSU fight song.

I believe the RU band come over to our section and played the OSU fight song.
I'm fine with doing it pre-game as it seems that is a B1G tradition.

But once the game starts that sh*t is over.

ADVERTISEMENT