ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest 5-game stretch of the season coming up? How many do we win?

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
@Iowa
MN at home
MSU at the Garden
@II
@IL

While the team will obviously need to take them one at at time, given that 3 of these games will be on the road against good teams, I think 3 wins would be pretty good. Have to beat MN, would love to give payback to MSU and then win 1 of the 3 away games. Sure, we could win them all, but we could also only win 1 or 2 if we don't play well.

Reactions: Scangg and Degaz-RU
Would’ve been nice to have more of a cushion if we had “officially” (in more ways than one) gotten that victory over OSU on the road.

That said, I think we get 2 of the next 5, but hoping for 3.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Answer unclear, ask again later.

We have a chance in every game. That's all you can ask. Minnesota is a must win.

I think we get revenge against the Spartans.

Would love to win Sunday as the more rested team against Iowa, but who knows how they will shoot on Sunday?

We have had Indiana's number but TJD has been on fire and they have to have that game circled. Gonna be tough.

Illinois is talented but up and down.

I think the stretch doesn’t start until at Minnesota

Right now , there is still a little of “early semester juice” …once we get past that, we are 11 games in ….it’s 4 out of 5 away from the RAC….in the heart of the grind of the big ten of scheduke before the last four

Michigan state at the garden
At Indiana
At Illinois
Nebraska
At Wisconsin

That’s four ncaa games out of five away from the RAC ….

I think the stretch doesn’t start until at Minnesota

Right now , there is still a little of “early semester juice” …once we get past that, we are 11 games in ….it’s 4 out of 5 away from the RAC….in the heart of the grind of the big ten of scheduke before the last four

Michigan state at the garden
At Indiana
At Illinois
Nebraska
At Wisconsin

That’s four ncaa games out of five away from the RAC ….
Disagree. I don't see either WI (lost 4 of 5 and not playing well) or NE being tourney teams, while Iowa is, so 4 NCAA teams in my 5-game stretch vs. 4 in yours. IMO, of course.

@Iowa
MN at home
MSU at the Garden
@II
@IL

While the team will obviously need to take them one at at time, given that 3 of these games will be on the road against good teams, I think 3 wins would be pretty good. Have to beat MN, would love to give payback to MSU and then win 1 of the 3 away games. Sure, we could win them all, but we could also only win 1 or 2 if we don't play well.
I just realized bart still thinks MSU is a home game..

3-2 is the most likely outcome here IMO

Reactions: Scangg
Every 5-game stretch is the toughest 5-games stretch in this league...

there are NO off nights...

Reactions: mildone
In B1G, easiest remaining schedule (according to TRank) - Rutgers

at Iowa
Minnesota
Michigan St (tbf this is listed as home)
at Indiana
at Illinois
Nebraska
at Wisconsin
Michigan
at Penn St
at Minnesota
Northwestern

Michigan has the hardest remaining

Purdue
at Penn St
at Northwestern
Ohio St
Nebraska
Indiana
at Wisconsin
Michigan St
at Rutgers
Wisconsin
at Illinois
at Indiana

Reactions: new jersey1

at Iowa
Minnesota
at Indiana
at Illinois
Nebraska
at Wisconsin
Michigan
at Penn St
at Minnesota
Northwestern

Purdue
at Penn St
at Northwestern
Ohio St
Nebraska
Indiana
at Wisconsin
Michigan St
at Rutgers
Wisconsin
at Illinois
at Indiana
Wow Michigan schedule is brutal. Those last 7 games, ouch

Reactions: RUDave_01
1/24 PSU, 1/26 Iowa @ Mich St, 2 day advantage
1/29 @Iowa, revenge a loss

2/1 Minn
2/4 Mich St. @ MSG, revenge a loss

2/7 @ Indiana- revenging our win
2/11 @ Illinois

Only games I worry most about is Mich St has 4 days rest after a game @ Purdue to our 2 days rest after Minnesota or Indiana being the 4th game in 10 days and revenging our home beat down we gave them.

I think 3-2 most likely with a possible 4-1.

I actually met the judge tonight. He's much friendlier and positive in person than his trolling board persona

Sorry if I'm ruining your shtick 🤣

Haha all good.
Actually not surprised.. I looked through your post history a bit and it's mostly only in prediction threads that you do this lol. Other posts are reasonable, like this one:
No freak out.. we didn’t shoot for shit and they hit 3s.

at Iowa
Minnesota
at Indiana
at Illinois
Nebraska
at Wisconsin
Michigan
at Penn St
at Minnesota
Northwestern

Purdue
at Penn St
at Northwestern
Ohio St
Nebraska
Indiana
at Wisconsin
Michigan St
at Rutgers
Wisconsin
at Illinois
at Indiana
Can you check whether the 5-game stretch I posted about is tougher than @Scarlet Shack's, just for giggles?

Can you check whether the 5-game stretch I posted about is tougher than @Scarlet Shack's, just for giggles?
Like I said, I'm pretty sure that the location of the MSU game is wrong but it's in both stretches so it doesn't matter.

According to Bart, we have 3.28 expected wins in your stretch and *drumroll* 3.28 expected wins in Shack's stretch lol

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that the location of the MSU game is wrong but it's in both stretches so it doesn't matter.

According to Bart, we have 3.28 expected wins in your stretch and *drumroll* 3.28 expected wins in Shack's stretch lol
So I win! Tie goes to the first poster, no?

Reactions: fluoxetine
@Iowa
MN at home
MSU at the Garden
@II
@IL

our gauntlet,those 3 road games are very very tough and Sparty isnt at the rac..... minus Minnesota which should be a win and loss would be inexplicable. Its going to be tough but I think we have to win at least one of the others. 2-3 does not sound that great but given the competition we would be 8-6 with a softer 6 game finish.

If RU wants to be a contender for the Big 10 title or a top 4 seed in the NCAA tourney, they almost have to go 3-2.

I think taking one game at a time is everything for this team....imagine what winning at Iowa could propel

Reactions: RU848789
Well, getting 3 of 5 just got harder. 2 of 5 looking more likely now, which I could live with as that puts us at 8-6 with an easier finish coming up. But IL and IN are both playing much better, so winning one of those on the road will be tough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT