ADVERTISEMENT

Tour of practice facility?

80RU

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2011
I caught the practice but had to miss the tour of the practice facility – – what did you get to see? The whole facility or just men’s basketball?

I caught the practice but had to miss the tour of the practice facility – – what did you get to see? The whole facility or just men’s basketball?

Quote of the day while touring the practice court from a "fan":

"This is it?????" (With a surprised dismissive look on his face)

Everyone was invited to go from practice at The RAC over to the RWJ Barnabas Center to go on the practice court and a half for a photo with the team before walking around the whole center. Gymnastics team was practicing on the first floor of the center. Got a look at the Rutgers Shop as well.

One interesting thing I noticed in the video room was the date '3-15-20' on a whiteboard (Selection Sunday). I know Pike said that their goal is to dance this March, and putting that up there is a daily reminder of what their ultimate goal is!

One interesting thing I noticed in the video room was the date '3-15-20' on a whiteboard (Selection Sunday). I know Pike said that their goal is to dance this March, and putting that up there is a daily reminder of what their ultimate goal is!
And MISSION: DANCE

Reactions: RUDave_01
And MISSION: DANCE

sprockets.gif

Also, on the video monitor in the locker room...

72441495_10218160852985881_3932169338332643328_o.jpg

72309328_10218160861026082_3416335704429428736_o.jpg

While I was taking the photos in the previous post, I said if Rutgers is actually in consideration for a bid on March 15, I'll literally be dancing in my living room. T.J. Thompson, who was standing next to me, then chimed in, "I'll join you." :cool2:

Jacob Young was also nearby. I asked him if his father (Michael Young of Phi Slama Jama fame) attended any games last year. He said he was at the Michigan game, and plans to be at several this season now that he's eligible to play.

After checking out the locker room, my brother and I, as well as a few others, ran into Pikiell in the hallway. He asked us to join him on the upper level, where his office is located, as well as a beautiful outdoor area (which can be seen on the right side of the photo below) to host team BBQs. The area will have fire pits, tables, and chairs. The items aren't in place yet because, according to Pikiell, the APC hasn't received a full certificate of occupancy yet.

72757443_10218160906827227_2463219754924507136_o.jpg

As Lisa Douglas once said, "I just adore a penthouse view..."
73181416_10218160904587171_414294619841363968_n.jpg

Last edited:
Soundcrib, in the past, the football team has practiced there from time to time. Maybe the soccer teams do too. It may be to just give the regular practice fields some days off. Might also be used for student leagues. Remember, there are a few thousand students now on Livingston so maybe the fields by the Livingston Gym get filled. I wonder whatever happened to the ice skating rink they were talking about building on Livingston.

Who uses the soccer fields behind the baseball and softball fields?
Some of the local soccer clubs have had games and tournaments there. My niece plays on a top club from Bridgewater (she's 13) and I watched her play there not long ago.

ADVERTISEMENT