ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting ***Transfer Jacob Young has committed to Rutgers***

Solid pickup but if he is sitting this year I think we still need support in the back court and veteran players. Should we still pursue a grad transfer?

1385331830_yes_yes_yes_yes.gif

Reactions: GeoRingoes
Further evidence that the recruit locally paradigm is less and less meaningful. Recruit talented players. Geography is a secondary or less consideration.

Yeah but the point is to keep the best players in NJ. The goal, if possible, is to make recruits want to stay in NJ. Look if we can get other guys from other states, great but make it easy and keep guys local

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He has sauce. Glad he’s bringing some. Need some showtime.

Sorry Russ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is nice to hear. I just worry if he is a PG he only had 22 assists in 30 games this past season. I also am a bit concerned with Young, Baker, Mathis and McConnell all as guards in 2019-20 that it might be difficult to keep everyone happy as to minutes. At SF we will have Thiam, Harper & Kiss and each of them could get a few minutes at guard as well. If we should get Mulcahy we would have another guy at PG who will want major minutes. If everyone buys in and are all team oriented I would think everything could work out. I also hope we can get Hyatt this year. If so we might only have Doorson leaving giving us only one scholarship for the 2019 class. I know we really like Mulcahy and Massoud but there is no guarantee on either guy. I just want to see us finally get a winning season. We should definitely have more depth moving forward.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about him, but I hope the coaching staff can get him straightened out in regards to PG vs SG mentality. We definitely have the sit out year to try.

Going forward it will give us a nice rotation of four guards (Geo, Mathis, McConnell and Young) with three of those guys being versatile enough to play PG. Mathis could play on the wing, so there would be good enough depth at the wing even without Hyatt.

But a future frontcourt of Hyatt, Harper, Myles Johnson, Doucore and hopefully Massoud would be amazing

Lots of people are mentioning Hyatt as if his commitment is fait accompli. Gotta land him first. Hope we do.

This is nice to hear. I just worry if he is a PG he only had 22 in 30 games this past season. I also am a bit concerned with Young, Baker, Mathis and McConnell all as guards in 2019-20 that it might be difficult to keep everyone happy as to minutes. At SF we will have Thiam, Harper & Kiss and each of them could get a few minutes at guard as well. If we should get Mulcahy we would have another guy at PG who will want major minutes. If everyone buys in and are all team oriented I would think everything could work out. I also hope we can get Hyatt this year. If so we might only have Doorson leaving giving us only one scholarship for the 2019 class. I know we really like Mulcahy and Massoud but there is no guarantee on either guy. I just want to see us finally get a winning season. We should definitely have more depth moving forward.

Nice problem to have. Those 4 guards in 2019 will need to earn the minutes. That competition will make all of them better and the best players play. If a guy is not happy with minutes....get better and earn more minutes. And, if Mulcahy is added to the mix, he'll play if he proves he is better than someone else....if not, he sits.

I still remember what Pikiell said in Year 1.
" I play the best and I'm fair to the rest"

Last edited:
It will all play out. Survival of he fittest...just like in life. If someone doesn’t earn playing time, they either accept it or they don’t. PIkiell’s job is to be fair, not to keep everyone happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT