ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Target Bradone Francis to Visit

ScarletLongIsland

Not sure about that

Read he sat out 2014-2015 because not qualified...and last year was his first year

2016-2017 would be his third year

I see two years...

What am I missing?

Reactions: fdup94
I don't know about this one. After sitting out for a year, his numbers sucked in limited minutes.

Reactions: Russ Wood
He looks to be a young man who gets as much a thrill out of making a great pass as scoring. Really like that tape.

This kid averaged 2.2 ppg in 14.5 minutes this past season. He shot 20% on field goals and 17% on 3's. I think I would pass and would much rather have the twins. The Walker kid from Florida hit 22.8% on field goals and 10.5% on 3's and 48% on foul shots. I myself don't want either of these Florida kids. We can do better. I think Walker is eligible immediately but Francis would have to sit out and take up a scholarship for several years. I am surprised he is visiting.

ScarletLongIsland

Not sure about that

Read he sat out 2014-2015 because not qualified...and last year was his first year

2016-2017 would be his third year

I see two years...

What am I missing?

Shack, I believe he red-shirted his first year then played one season, so 3 left.

This kid averaged 2.2 ppg in 14.5 minutes this past season. He shot 20% on field goals and 17% on 3's. I think I would pass and would much rather have the twins. The Walker kid from Florida hit 22.8% on field goals and 10.5% on 3's and 48% on foul shots. I myself don't want either of these Florida kids. We can do better. I think Walker is eligible immediately but Francis would have to sit out and take up a scholarship for several years. I am surprised he is visiting.
Whether it's 2 or 3 years, tape might be impressive, but stats aren't. I still think we can do better. PASS !

If he redshirted (whether medical or academic or not makes no difference) one year and then transfers he has two years left. No doubt about it.

So we should pass on all these 4 star recruits with multiple years left of eligibility? It'll be easier to lure more top recruits in the future if we have some success early in SP era. Then in other threads is nothing but complaining about the lack of talent. It's unreal

I am sure Lexington Kentucky has a huge Dominican population.
Lexington, KY had two coaches at the University of Kentucky who were head coaches of the national basketball team of the Dominican Republic - John Calipari and Orlando Antigua, a native of the Dominican Republic.

I would trust Pikiell on this one rather than just looking at some numbers in a stat book. What would Greg Lewis' numbers look like this year if he wasn't draining his knee every three days?

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
He also had academic issues besides the limited productivity. I would pass, but my vote doesn't count.

Reactions: MADHAT1
If we got the martin twins and francis then we would have 3 guys sitting out this year. how would we field a roster while tying up s scholarships to people who cant play this year?

@Russ Wood Hey Russ, this is a Florida guy. Any insights into him ?
I like Brandone, good kid with a really smooth shooting stroke. Makes them at a high rate -- in practice and workouts. Somehow they just didn't fall in games.

He shot .244 on two-point field goals and. 169 on three-point field goals.

Let's his emotions get the best of him at times.

He went to Arlington Country Day and was ruled ineligible by the NCAA.

My understanding is that the NCAA declared him eligible after the fall semester of his freshman year. Billy Donovan felt that Brandone missed so much practice time that there was no reasonable way to successfully integrate him into the team so he took a redshirt.

Plus Billy knew he was leaving soon after the OKC Thunder job opened up.

He has redshirted one year already, played one and would have to redshirt again per NCAA transfer rules. So I think he would only have 2 seasons that he could play.

The reporting is saying he gets 3 years - now whether the reporting turns out to be correct - is yet to be seen ...

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Florida-transfer-Brandone-Francis-to-visit-Rutgers--45373558
"After redshirting the 2014-15 season, Francis averaged 2.0 points and 1.0 rebounds in 10.8 minutes per game for the Gators in 2015-16.
Per NCAA transfer rules, Francis will have to sit one season and have three years of eligibility remaining."
If he redshirt ed and playes one year he would only have 2 yrs remaining after sitting out s year.

I was told that Devon Walker is transferring to Troy. He hasn't been the same since he tore his ACL.

Actually I think Francis-Ramirez would be wise to transfer to a MM or LM. He'd actually get to play and probably won't get recruited over.

Former 4 star recruit out of high school. Just a note, he hails from Arlington Country Day which is the same school that Issa Thiam is currently attending.
And was ruled ineligible because ACD is under an extended evaluation period by the NCAA and several of their courses have been denied by the NCAA Eligibility Center

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT