ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawrence - Covid+

Unlike those cheesedicks in Wisconsin, I bet they still play! (I’m betting his back up is pretty dang good)

They won't need him this week. Already said they hope to have him back for Notre Dame. So I guess it's 10 days or less in the ACC.

They won't need him this week. Already said they hope to have him back for Notre Dame. So I guess it's 10 days or less in the ACC.
I think its two straight negatives for them. Still a chance he plays this week

10 day sit out in ACC. Clemson reported this summer 42 members of the team had Covid. I guess Trevor wasn’t one of them.

I think its two straight negatives for them. Still a chance he plays this week
That might be just coaches, I think players are 10 days minimum that is if it's not a false positive. But I could be wrong.

let’s go BC!

giphy.gif

What this means is that with Trevor experiencing mild symptoms it forced Clemson's hand. If he was asymptomatic I am not sure if Clemson would have shut him down.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Clemson’s receivers don’t drop the ball. They will all be in the next level. I could stand behind that line and launch the ball in the general direction of the WRs and probably put up 150 yards passing against BC. Not to worry

This is why placing bets on football midweek is crazy in 2020
Yup, I jumped on GA on the M/L when I heard Saban tested positive figuring there is no way he would be able to coach.
I forgot the SEC leads the universe in medical research and was able to cure Nick in just three days which just coincidently was just the amount of time required to participate in game activities if you had a positive test.

Reactions: RUShea
I used to dislike BC but not after we moved to the B1G and their sports program gone down the drain. I don’t think they can ever come close to us again because of the conferences we are in. The gap will only get bigger if ACC loses Clemson as a top program. It’ll be like saying we need to keep Temple down. My 2 cents and apologies to any BC fans reading this.

for the record, I don’t think they have a shot at winning. Clemson can just run the wildcat all game with their RB and win by 4 TDs.

Reactions: cicero grimes
proving my point
There are many on this board who proclaim allegiance to Rutgers but eventually reveal their true feelings for other teams . I may understand rooting for a team on the other side of the USA but not one of your regional recruiting rivals.

As for BC/Clemson - always want Clemson to crush BC.

Recruiting - up or down for both programs, BC will always be BC for certain NJ players who don't get a offer from ND. They will also eliminate themselves from certain players as well that really want no part of that type of experience.
But, if they beat teams like Clemson...it may convince a few of those "later" to deal with the Catholic School experience to play at a big time opportunity.
The good news is...If BC is a just ok team - 5-8 wins per years, minor bowls and just nothing really exciting and Rutgers is similar for a few years, they will not beat us out in recruiting. It is really more on us to improve than for them to suck but why even give them any opportunity at all? Same with Pitt/Cuse/Maryland

I just don't want any of those 4 teams in serious contention for top NJ players- and now some NYC kids as well.

As for BC/Clemson - always want Clemson to crush BC.

Recruiting - up or down for both programs, BC will always be BC for certain NJ players who don't get a offer from ND. They will also eliminate themselves from certain players as well that really want no part of that type of experience.
But, if they beat teams like Clemson...it may convince a few of those "later" to deal with the Catholic School experience to play at a big time opportunity.
The good news is...If BC is a just ok team - 5-8 wins per years, minor bowls and just nothing really exciting and Rutgers is similar for a few years, they will not beat us out in recruiting. It is really more on us to improve than for them to suck but why even give them any opportunity at all? Same with Pitt/Cuse/Maryland

I just don't want any of those 4 teams in serious contention for top NJ players- and now some NYC kids as well.
100%

There are 13 NJ players on the current BC roster. It is bad enough that the B1G powers poach our state; we don't need to be "rooting" for regional OOC teams that vie to recruit what's left. Fence It In!

Any Rutgers fan with no personal connections to the BC program should not be rooting for BC. It's understandable for someone who is a personal friend of Hafley to support a friend.

On the flip side, the twisted logic of saying, "BC is far below us and won't catch us ever again, so I want them to beat the #1 team in the country and move to 5-2 in the process" is beyond bizarre.

Same logic applies to Syracuse and anyone else that recruits against us. Let them sink and stink.

Reactions: Antnee79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT