ADVERTISEMENT

Tumulty's Is No More - Now "Tavern On George"

That is what I heard as well. The Olive Branch is very well run, so I would expect the same for the restaurant if true.

Reactions: InGregITrust
Rumor has it that the owners of The Grove in East Brunswick have sold it to the Olive Branch.

Possibly changing from Tumulty's to "The Tavern on George"
I went into Tumultys this past Fall and they redid the entire interior and I thought it looked awful. They took out all of the charming wooden tables and attempted to modernize it. What a shame.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
I went into Tumultys this past Fall and they redid the entire interior and I thought it looked awful. They took out all of the charming wooden tables and attempted to modernize it. What a shame.
Yea, I was there some months ago and the atmosphere was horrid. I have no idea what they were thinking in the redesign. It was way too bright and I think fluorescent lighting.

Yea, I was there some months ago and the atmosphere was horrid. I have no idea what they were thinking in the redesign. It was way too bright and I think fluorescent lighting.

I agree. There is nothing special about the new layout. I wish they would keep the name though. Lots of memories there. My friend lived above Tumultys during college so we were there all the time.

I agree. There is nothing special about the new layout. I wish they would keep the name though. Lots of memories there. My friend lived above Tumultys during college so we were there all the time.
Lots of memories for sure! I remember it at the old site in the early 70s (JNJ there now). I always liked the place. Hopefully GReg from OB can revive it.

My wife had a surprise 30th birthday for me in the basement at Tumulty's. I have some very good memories there. That being said, I am very excited to see what they can do with the space once the closing occurs. It's a great location with amazing potential.

Reactions: RUnTeX
While it is not necessary to go back to the old Tumultys decor of large wooden booths, the decor should certainly be something in keeping with the tudor architecture.

Look, I’m not a traditionalist by any means. In fact, I prefer modernist and contemporary design. But there’s a time and place for that and this location isn’t it. That exterior begs for a rustic farmhouse interior.

Reactions: rurichdog
Wow, they didn't have that place long. I'm glad that a new owner is involved and it won't be vacant.

29249388_10159963936085532_6731635971122528256_n.jpg

Are they going to have the train in the new version? Would love for places like this in the area to play the Rutgers fight song each hour at eight minutes after the hour.

Reactions: 1coastalknight
Are those whiteboards in the back?

At first I thought projection TV screens but you might be right.

I took these from online.

Tavern on George going after the corporate market, lol....hold your next meeting here!

Actually would have been great to have a bar in the same room for some of the company meetings I've had to sit through.

Reactions: RUPete and Upstream
I invite EVERYONE on this board for a drink!!!! Simply come by the Tavern and the first round is on me...just gotta give up your screen name haha. I’ve been on these boards a very long time and I look forward to everyone here sharing in my new adventure on George Street. By the way, the pics don’t do the space justice!!!!

I invite EVERYONE on this board for a drink!!!! Simply come by the Tavern and the first round is on me...just gotta give up your screen name haha. I’ve been on these boards a very long time and I look forward to everyone here sharing in my new adventure on George Street. By the way, the pics don’t do the space justice!!!!

Sounds good to me, might come by sometime this weekend.

Bring the booths back upstairs like it was

First round of my Remy Martin Louis XIII is on you, GREAT! Be right over!
icon_mrgreen_zps1e660791.gif

If you want, post some images here and on the Free Board!

Tango- all of the booths are upstairs now...the other booths found their way to Pinos in Highland Park. I found 8 of them in house. We should meet I always see you posting stuff!!!!

Tango- all of the booths are upstairs now...the other booths found their way to Pinos in Highland Park. I found 8 of them in house. We should meet I always see you posting stuff!!!!
Just a head's up: I've shared your revamp of Tumulty's with my tailgate group in our organizational email for the Spring Game today.

ADVERTISEMENT