ADVERTISEMENT

TuneIn for RU Sports

RUHouston

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2009
Flower Mound, TX
I was trolling scarletknights.com and our football schedule and checked out a link to TuneIn. Has anyone used it before? I Heart Radio is free and works great here in North Texas but was wondering if this site was a good or better alternative? It looks like it's free but a paid site for ad free listening...

I was trolling scarletknights.com and our football schedule and checked out a link to TuneIn. Has anyone used it before? I Heart Radio is free and works great here in North Texas but was wondering if this site was a good or better alternative? It looks like it's free but a paid site for ad free listening...

Just use WCTC:

Have used TuneIn for more than a decade, though not in a while.

Might have changed but was basically just an aggregate internet radio tuner with 10s of thousands of stations all over the world. All free, never tried the pay version and don't see a reason.

Haven't used I Heart, but the advantage of Tune in over more developed apps was its comprehensiveness. Could find stations from anywhere, all types of music and talk, etc. Other apps are better for personalization and features. Id usually use it when I got sick of the repetitiveness/limited genre catalog of whatever streaming app I was using at the time.

Reactions: RUHouston
TuneIn is great. I use it all the time to listen to radio around the globe. It's not clunky like I find I Heart Radio to be.

Reactions: RUHouston
Tunein is great. It’s a miracle they make any money. It’s free the only ad is a 30 sec ad when you first click your station. Then you’re good to go until you quit the app. Listen to the RU pregame radio show on there every week, and pretty much all radio when not in the car. They also have some of their own stations for different genres which is pretty nice

Tune In is a great app that's free. Free Rutgers and Mets games (when it was on WOR) and great for most podcasts. I dont listen to it as I used to is because WFAN went to the Radio.com app, which is the complete opposite as it is one of the worst apps ever.

I used it on Saturday to avoid having to listen to those annoying announcers on BTN. Minimal effort to stay synched to the TV.

How do you sync it to the TV Broadcast?
The radio was at least 30 seconds behind the TV broadcast last Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT