ADVERTISEMENT

Turgeon a clown as usual

tenor.gif

Their defense wasn't good and they took way too long to change things up in the first half. We had a ton of good looks. That's why they lost.

Reactions: Esipos1
You gave up 78 points to a team that has reached that total in 6 weeks. Shut up and tip your cap.

In my eyes Turgeon is a hoops Franklin. Maryland is stuck in no man's land. He isnt good enough to win big, but he is just good enough to keep his job.

His team got run out of the gym but Turgeon can't help but throw shade every time. Least favorite Big Ten Coach by far. Fran McCaffrey is a red ass on the court but Turgeon consistently embarrasses himself off the court.

Even though he’s had a great season so far he’s feeling some pressure because his team has looked really bad the last two games.. He’s a very good recruiter who gets exposed every year because he’s a bad game coach and his teams consistently underachieve.

Reactions: ScarletDave
At the very end of the press conference he said that they had a "bad night". -Ummm, just taking a guess here, but I think WE had a little something to do with them having a bad night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg
You can tell the difference between coaches good and bad not just on the court but off. Izzo is the class of the league. Very complimentary of pike always also off the court. Chambers I hate to say it but a guy like pike and I actually like him despite PSU you know, existing ..... but Turd is a bad basketball coach, I said if before this game and I will again and their fans think so too. Maryland will always be able to recruit as a blue blood in a top league, and their talent has kept them in games and almost won a big ten title at 13-7. But there are no schemes and he’s fighting perception and so that is when you start seeing comments like this, trying to defend himself

Maryland fans don’t exactly have a love affair with Tuergeon ...him blowing a big ten title isn’t helping things either

I listened to his press conference. It wasn't that bad. He complimented RU. Said they are a Tournament team. Can win 1 or 2 in it. Said RU was fresh. They had time off. Which is true. That many games gassed them.

A bunch of MD grads I work with are convinced Turgeon will be canned if they don't make it past the second round of the NCAAs

I listened to his press conference. It wasn't that bad. He complimented RU. Said they are a Tournament team. Can win 1 or 2 in it. Said RU was fresh. They had time off. Which is true. That many games gassed them.
Agree. Listened as well and thought he was fairly complimentary of RU.

They were backhanded compliments. This team still doesn’t get any respect. I think the dude said ‘72 hours’ ten times. These are teenagers playing basketball, they’re not recovering from an Ironman. All this bull about being fresh is garbage.

Turgeron can stick it, how many times are we playing 3 times in 9 days and no one is crying or even mentioning it. Everybody goes through a tough stretch in this league, thats why I pooh poohed the complaining when it looked like RU had games they were at disadvantage. Today RU had tons of rest and Maryland didnt and it showed...too bad coach, suck it up

There was nothing wrong with his press conference. He complimented us many times. He might have exaggerated a little about how many open shots they missed, but there was nothing wrong with what he said.

They are 23-5 and Turgeon always has to listen to so much crap from fans, especially the Maryland fans. He is a real good coach and was not making excuses but pointing out how they have had 3 tough road games in the last week along with playing a re-vitalized Michigan State team last Saturday.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Not only that.. but on this rest thing.. when we visited them we were on 2 days rest and they had 5 days rest... and they won by 5.. and, as you say, Young was out.
This is an excellent point. Just rewatched the game and we were even more dominant than it seemed live. Total ass kicking - Turgeon is nervous. His team is very talented but nowhere near the passion of Pikes team.

The longer the season goes on the more the minutes being spread out all year helps. Geo got a mid season break and Young hasn't played big minutes all season so they should be fresher than other guards after 30 games

He wasn’t overly effusive but he was generally complimentary and nothing he said was inaccurate. Don’t see much to get worked up about.

Reactions: SouthFLRUfan
There was nothing wrong with his press conference. He complimented us many times. He might have exaggerated a little about how many open shots they missed, but there was nothing wrong with what he said.

They are 23-5 and Turgeon always has to listen to so much crap from fans, especially the Maryland fans. He is a real good coach and was not making excuses but pointing out how they have had 3 tough road games in the last week along with playing a re-vitalized Michigan State team last Saturday.

Best of Luck,
Groz

23-7 and have lost 3 of 4...

ADVERTISEMENT