ADVERTISEMENT

Turnovers

read option

All Conference
Nov 12, 2013
Tonight was the same as the Iowa game and maybe even more so… the opponent barely did anything on O other than when we handed them prime scoring opportunities as a result of turnovers.

This is why Schiano is as conservative as he is with the offense. The second we open things up a little, the OL shows they aren’t good enough and the inexperienced, mediocre QBs make mistakes.

I hate our O too don’t get me wrong, but I do see why Schiano has tried to be ultra protective of the ball - a) because our D is good enough to stop teams from long scoring drives, and b) because if we try to open things up, the O has proven it will the turn the ball over.

It’s just a shitty situation all the way around with this O.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Tonight was the same as the Iowa game and maybe even more so… the opponent barely did anything on O other than when we handed them prime scoring opportunities as a result of turnovers.

This is why Schiano is as conservative as he is with the offense. The second we open things up a little, the OL shows they aren’t good enough and the inexperienced, mediocre QBs make mistakes.

I hate our O too don’t get me wrong, but I do see why Schiano has tried to be ultra protective of the ball - a) because our D is good enough to stop teams from long scoring drives, and b) because if we try to open things up, the O has proven it will the turn the ball over.

There’s plenty of ways to get the balls in playmakers hands. Slip screens, reverses, shovel passes, etc. Those type of plays are rarely turnovers and have a huge pay off. We haven’t run those kind of plays since 2020

There’s plenty of ways to get the balls in playmakers hands. Slip screens, reverses, shovel passes, etc. Those type of plays are rarely turnovers and have a huge pay off. We haven’t run those kind of plays since 2020
Or longer. I have never seen a shovel pass or a traditional screen in years

If you can't throw a 7 yard screen you don't belong in division 1. Nobody is asking for 50 yard passes. We don't use middle of the field, we don't use our fast guys, you could not dumb down the offense any further. These guys are not community college level players, they have talent. We just don't use it

Reactions: LETSGORU91
If you can't throw a 7 yard screen you don't belong in division 1. Nobody is asking for 50 yard passes. We don't use middle of the field, we don't use our fast guys, you could not dumb down the offense any further. These guys are not community college level players, they have talent. We just don't use it
I think we don't use the middle of the field because our qbs are not very accurate and there's a greater chance of its.

Simon's two picks in the second half were horrible throws.

Mediocre QB's? We don't have mediocre QB's we have really bad QB's. Neither Simon or Vedral belong at this level. Wimsatt we haven't seen enough of yet, but the early prognosis isn't good. It's one of the worst stables of QB's in college football.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobertG
Mediocre QB's? We don't have mediocre QB's we have really bad QB's. Neither Simon or Vedral belong at this level. Wimsatt we haven't seen enough of yet, but the early prognosis isn't good. It's one of the worst stable of QB's in college football.
Outside of the service academies I don't think you would find a worse room in the country. If you took the third stringer from Houston or North Texas I guarantee you they would perform better

Outside of the service academies I don't think you would find a worse room in the country. If you took the third stringer from Houston or North Texas I guarantee you they would perform better
Don’t forget UConn and UMass. Maybe we can get one of their 3rd stringers to start here next year.

Or longer. I have never seen a shovel pass or a traditional screen in years
Indeed - a Belichick specialty near goal is a bubble screen.
A B1G team should be able to run a bubble screen
I get the risks and know why (say) Wimsatt doesn't play.
But its tiresome to always look at players as viruses
Army takes a bunch of two stars every year and has them doing pitches and reverses on goal with rare fumbles
With RU on goal, you run QB or Lanagan up the middle (Lanagan Package) or roll QB out to the right
Tonight RU got 2 yards in 3 plays on goal - settled for the usual FG - as everyone in game thread predicted
Defenses know what's coming because it isn't much (Lanagan takes a beating because teams know his plays now)
I remember when Boise ran a hook and ladder and a Statue of Liberty on same series to beat Oklahoma in a bowl game - with a bunch of nobodies.
Boise won every year back then with Peterson and so-so recruits

Don’t forget UConn and UMass. Maybe we can get one of their 3rd stringers to start here next year.
We should look to our own WALK ONS. Who knows....they can't be much worse than yesterday's offerings.

Pray that Gavin can play in the next game... and pray that he can live up to the hype.

MO

ADVERTISEMENT