ADVERTISEMENT

TV/Cable review of the availability of the Wagner game: Please Post Experiences

Confirming what someone already stated, game was on BTN3 on Fios (HD channel 833) here in Monmouth County.

But the cord-cutting services (streaming services) are acting and looking very much like cable companies. The prices continue to rise and offer basically the same shows and channels.
Streaming services don't offer a price for new customers and then double it while hoping their customers won't notice. I won't go back to negotiating my bill every year.

But the cord-cutting services (streaming services) are acting and looking very much like cable companies. The prices continue to rise and offer basically the same shows and channels.
Unlike during the many years when I was a customer of Comcast/Xfinity, I have no qualms regarding any questionable business practices of my current streaming tv provider, despite my current provider being an internet giant Google entity.

I travel a lot, so not having to jump through hoops to watch tv, and to be able to watch RU games on my computer or phone anywhere that I can obtain internet access, or to be able to record all of the RU games that I can't watch live (with no limits) and with slow motion playback options for controversial plays or plays that I want to see in more detail, for a much lower cost than most traditional cable tv, is a bonus also. I don't think I'll ever go back to Xfinity/Comcast. Seems that YouTube TV knows that they have competitors, but it always seemed to me that Xfinity/Comcast felt that they had a monopoly and that they could do whatever they wanted without restrictions. Maybe Xfinity isn't pulling the same crap that they used to pull when I was a customer a few years ago, but I'm still very glad that I made the switch to cut the cord. And my cost has been cut in half.

Last edited:
Unlike during the many years when I was a customer of Comcast/Xfinity, I have no qualms regarding any questionable business practices of my current streaming tv provider, despite my current provider being a business giant Google entity.

I travel a lot, so not having to jump through hoops to watch tv, and to be able to watch RU games on my computer or phone anywhere that I can obtain internet access, or to be able to record all of the RU games that I can't watch live (with no limits) and with slow motion playback options for controversial plays or plays that I want to see in more detail, for a much lower cost than most traditional cable tv, is a bonus also. I don't thnk I'll ever go back to Xfinity/Comcast. Seems that YouTube TV knows that they have competitors, but it always seemed to me that Xfinity/Comcast felt that they had a monopoly and that they could do whatever they wanted without restrictions. Maybe Xfinity isn't pulling the same crap that they used to pull when I was a customer a few years ago, but I'm still very glad that I made the switch to cut the cord. And my cost has been cut in half.
I have YouTubeTV too. I love it and won't go back to cable if you paid me. I was referring to how some people said streaming services would kill off cable companies because, at some point will offer a la carte options. YouTubeTV, Hulu, and Fubo look a lot like cable. Even Netflix, Prime, Disney+, etc., don't offer a la carte options. Any change to how we watch TV is a slow change.
The other day I watched a show produced in the 1950s, which spoke about flying cars in every garage by the 2000s. Still waiting. Things do change, but not as fast as we would like.

Still a lot cheaper and you only need the cable alt apps for major sports. You don't keep them all year around. The on demand apps are way cheaper than cable. The most important part is no contracts. You are never stuck with a bad app for 2 to 3 years.

YoutubeTV, it was on the overflow channel for me. I clicked the button that said Rutgers/Wagner and the game was on, no issues for me.
BTN3 on YouTubeTV all good.
I do have to also mention that the local Sunday Staten Island Advance (sister to StarLedger) had the AP write up of the Wagner game on Page 11 of the Sports Section.

I have to say, the responses in this thread really agreed with this idea that cable is less than half now. Now, even before streaming was a thing, cable did not have the majority, I don't think.

link explains graph below

Timeline-lrg.gif

Neilsen has some recent info on these trends Oh.. that was arstechnica's source above..

"can I get all the BTN channels on this thing?"
When-Was-Color-TV-Invented.png

Last edited:
Was available via FoxSports app and was on B1G overflow 3 on FiOS Mercer (833)

Does anybody regret switching from cable to streaming?

This thread seems like more clear evidence it's the only way to go for RU/sports fans. I switched about 5 years ago and never thought twice about it, including when they discontinued my original streaming service (PS Vue).

Cutting the cord was one of the best decisions I made. I just wished I made it a lot sooner. I have saved so much money since then.

The hardest part is finding the right app for sports, YouTube TV seems to be the best one from the feedback here. I thought i could save money with Sling but Sling is not good for local sports.

ADVERTISEMENT