ADVERTISEMENT

Two New Rutgers Theaters Will Open on September 4

This was a nice read. Thanks. I will be meeting with one of the groups soon to discuss future projects.

RUMan,
Are you involved with music or theater in New Jersey ? I don't know too much about this area,but almost 300 events already scheduled for the first year sounds impressive to me. I bet all the New Brunswick restaurants are happy about this.

I'm curious and disappointed that the NBPAC doesn't have a theater designed for an orchestra and, evidently, won't be holding symphony concerts. Am I missing something here?

I'm curious and disappointed that the NBPAC doesn't have a theater designed for an orchestra and, evidently, won't be holding symphony concerts. Am I missing something here?
Don’t know, but could you elaborate: what specifically is needed for a theater designed for an orchestra? They couldn’t be set up on stage? From what I understand these are small theaters. They seat 300-400 as opposed to say the State Theater which seats about a 1000.

Tarara,
The State Theatre seats just under 2,000 and is right next to the two new theaters and is home to the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra. Many visiting orchestras have played there as well. Here is their website--https://www.stnj.org/events

Reactions: Tararua
In addition,just a few minutes away is the newly renovated Nicholas Music Center of the Rutgers Mason Gross School of The Arts which is home to the Rutgers Symphony Orchestra and MANY other events.--At least one of the new theaters is going to have an orchestra pit which will be used for musicals and the new Musical Theater major at RU.

Reactions: Tararua
Speaking of new concert halls/theaters, just heard about the new Carteret Performing Arts Center which will include a 1,600 seat concert hall and a 500 seat theater. Construction started in July 2018https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...ming-arts-center-building-projects/769299002/. Supposed to be finished by late 2020.It will be operated by Comcast Venue management which also operates the Atlantic City Convention Center, Wells Fargo Arena in Philadelphia, and over 300 other venues---

CPAC-Groundbreaking.jpg

Maybe I do not understand but this is from the article posted above.....

"Featuring two state-of-the-art theaters, NBPAC will offer new theater technology such as a fly loft that will allow for scenery to raise and lower and an expansive orchestra pit, the news release said."

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT