ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Wiegers - don't forget ...

GSGS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
Some extra "booing" is in order if he enters the game. Currently the 2nd string QB for the Hawkeyes. Given that he's pro-style, probably best for all that he didn't come here. Nevertheless - BOOOOOO!!!

Just hope that he doesn't enter the game because it is 40-0 Hawkeyes. Glad to see that rutgersal is ensuring us that won't be the case! :-)

Some extra "booing" is in order if he enters the game. Currently the 2nd string QB for the Hawkeyes. Given that he's pro-style, probably best for all that he didn't come here. Nevertheless - BOOOOOO!!!

Just hope that he doesn't enter the game because it is 40-0 Hawkeyes. Glad to see that rutgersal is ensuring us that won't be the case! :)

He is now the 3rd string QB. Stanley, a true freshman is 2nd string.

Why? Boo a kid for fleeing the flood recruiting disaster that year? He is third string right now who cares? We are going to boo a kid holding a clipboard?

People need to find betters ways to direct their energy.

Reactions: vkj91
Meh. Let it go.

He left because there was a lot of negative recruiting going on. Everyone telling kids Flood was getting canned (they were right).

He went to Iowa when they were terrible. It's respectable.

In hindsight, he made the right decision as he is in the correct offense. Him not being talented enough to start is another story.

I'd boo if lets say... he was a Rutgers commit and then decommited instantly when a big time program finally offered. This wasnt the case.

We got Gio when Weigers decommitted. Gio is a much better fit for our offense. He may never start, but he has a better chance of having an impact than Weigers would have. Also, I don't fault kids for changing their minds. As long as they do it with class. I was disappointed losing Weigers, but I don't fault him.

The only hypothetical worth asking is : What if Wiegers outgunned Laviano in early 2015 and carried RU to a winning record? Including a world-shocking upset.... Does KF not get fired?

ADVERTISEMENT