ADVERTISEMENT

Typical NCAA Hypocricy

Just like in real life, there are different rules for the rich than for everybody else.

OP if you’re trying to equate or even thinking of the NCAA as a well-run, logical and even-handed organization, you’re in for a never-ending world of disappointment.

Is there anyone with former ties to Rutgers who serves in any NCAA capacity? Any rules making organization or post-season selection committee? Or similarly for the Big Ten? I’d even settle for a football and basketball official who might have played ball at Rutgers or graduated from Rutgers. I think we always get the short end of the stick because we have no one working in the right places. We never have an insider to be our voice and plead our case.

Reactions: brgRC90
Given that the NCAA was set up in response to government pressure--but set up to be deliberately weak, where the fox guards the henhouse: the first people responsible for enforcing the rules are the presidents of their own schools, who we can be SURE have NO conflict of interest or bias towards their own schools--it makes sense that it's also an organization where some schools, at least, have undue influence over it.

Not his first agency representing him
Malachi previously had Level Sports Group representing him when he signed a NIL
deal with the h.wood Group that is in the hospitality field representing restaurants and clubs.

Seems like an apople and oranges situation , being close to the same category but really a different type.

PLAY SINGLETON and SUE the NCAAs.. (as a smarter person than me suggested here somewhere).. find a friendly judge and get an injunction against the NCAA

If worse comes to worst, "vacate" any victories where he played next year.

But to be clear, I am not trying to benefit Rutgers here.. but the kid deserves it.

I don't see the correlation between the 2. Its an NLI agreement I'm assuming?

If Klutch Sports also negotiates player contracts there very much IS a correlation.

And hell has frozen over again, I agree with Politi

Sorry, I don't see the connection here. I think the NCAA ruling stinks, but apples-oranges, IMO.
Not really, the kid signed with an agent. You can sign an NIL agent but you can't sign an NFL agent. What's the difference between the two agents? Nothing really, they're both there to represent you for the purpose of making money. Also College basketball players can sign with NBA agents and still comeback but in football it's forbidden.

Not really, the kid signed with an agent. You can sign an NIL agent but you can't sign an NFL agent. What's the difference between the two agents? Nothing really, they're both there to represent you for the purpose of making money. Also College basketball players can sign with NBA agents and still comeback but in football it's forbidden.

For me. @MADHAT1 aptly summarized the situation above.

Everyone, including Schiano, acknowledged that Singleton's request fell outside NCAA rules. They were asking for an exception, which they did not get.

Today's action was clearly within the rules.

If you want to say that the rules are stupid, have at it. I'm right there with you. But today's action in no way makes the case that Singleton was wronged.

ADVERTISEMENT