ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Tyreem Powell commits to Rutgers

Every day is like Christmas morning as a kid opening up presents, wondering what the next awesome gift is going to be (and hoping for no crappy gifts like clothes - what friggin' kid wants something practical?). People laughed at me when I said I think Schiano might put together a top 40 class this year. It's not a given, yet, but he's certainly on his way to getting that kind of class, which would be an effing miracle given where we were with Ash.
He will!!!

Reactions: RU848789
GS & Co. performing a minor miracle already.

dpzxlpR.jpg

They have 28 commits they can’t take more
Ah, of course, that’s the only reason this makes sense. One of your fellow Nits mentioned in another thread earlier today that no player with options would ever choose to go to Rutgers. And then he wondered why our board might take offense to that. :Laughing

Every day is like Christmas morning as a kid opening up presents, wondering what the next awesome gift is going to be (and hoping for no crappy gifts like clothes - what friggin' kid wants something practical?). People laughed at me when I said I think Schiano might put together a top 40 class this year. It's not a given, yet, but he's certainly on his way to getting that kind of class, which would be an effing miracle given where we were with Ash.
Next years class should be even more interesting.

Ah, of course, that’s the only reason this makes sense. One of your fellow Nits mentioned in another thread earlier today that no player with options would ever choose to go to Rutgers. And then he wondered why our board might take offense to that. :Laughing
You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. I said that a kid who can pick any school in the country is not going to pick Rutgers. This kid does not fall into that category. Never said "no player with options".

And other than waiting on Theo Johnson, PSU's class has been full for some time now.

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. I said that a kid who can pick any school in the country is not going to pick Rutgers. This kid does not fall into that category. Never said "no player with options".

And other than waiting on Theo Johnson, PSU's class has been full for some time now.
You can keep saying it and you can keep being wrong. Darius Hamilton was the Rivals defensive player of the year. He is the definition of a player who could have gone anywhere.

At the UA All American game, Anthony Davis sat at a table with a Rutgers hat and an Ohio State hat, and he picked us. He was then an early 1st round pick in the NFL draft. I'd say he could have gone anywhere in the country.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
You can keep saying it and you can keep being wrong. Darius Hamilton was the Rivals defensive player of the year. He is the definition of a player who could have gone anywhere.
Anthony Davis also

Rivals is a joke - rates him as a 5.5? Really?

NU just flipped a 300-pound defensive tackle from Vandy who had offers from Notre Dame, Oregon, and USC. He is also rated 5.5. The Rivals rankings can be mystifying. We laugh about it at Northwestern as we regularly see guys we're recruiting jump way up the rankings ladder when the big boys come to call.

Reactions: MadRU and scripts
NU just flipped a 300-pound defensive tackle from Vandy who had offers from Notre Dame, Oregon, and USC. He is also rated 5.5. The Rivals rankings can be mystifying. We laugh about it at Northwestern as we regularly see guys we're recruiting jump way up the rankings ladder when the big boys come to call.

We always joked that Rivals takes away stars from guys who commit here. Also give extra stars to guys who commit to blue bloods. That may or not be true, but it sure feels that way sometimes.

It is best to look at composite ranking, which tend to be closer to the true ranking.

We always joked that Rivals takes away stars from guys who commit here. Also give extra stars to guys who commit to blue bloods. That may or not be true, but it sure feels that way sometimes.

It is best to look at composite ranking, which tend to be closer to the true ranking.

It can be fun when you see how some of these guys play on Saturdays. Paddy Fisher, who has been a standout at LB for us, was one of the lower-rated members of his class — barely a three-star. His high school teammate, Travis Whillock, who has been an excellent safety when healthy, was a two-star. Sherrick McManus, who was all-B1G for us a few seasons back, was a two-star out of high school and Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois, and Illinois State were about the only schools other than Northwestern who were in on him. He's with the Bears now (although I believe he's currently on IR). Notre Dame often jumps in on guys after Northwestern and, whaddaya know, the guy who was a 5.5 recruit is suddenly a 5.7 or 5.8.

With Schiano back, I expect you guys will benefit from the Jersey connection and pick up more diamonds in the rough as well as some higher-rated players. Hope it works out. This past season at Northwestern (and unfortunately at my small Pa. state school as well) has reminded me of how lousy it is to watch your season go down the toilet.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Both Hamilton and Davis committed to Rutgers well over five years ago. Times have changed. No kid with a commitable Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State offer is going to pass that up for a school where they will have to wonder if they will ever play in a bowl game.

I'm sure Rutgers will improve its recruiting over the next few years, but to suggest you will start pulling the best kids in the country (or even the state for that matter) is laughable.

Both Hamilton and Davis committed to Rutgers well over five years ago. Times have changed. No kid with a commitable Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State offer is going to pass that up for a school where they will have to wonder if they will ever play in a bowl game.

I'm sure Rutgers will improve its recruiting over the next few years, but to suggest you will start pulling the best kids in the country (or even the state for that matter) is laughable.

Remember, Schiano was in basically the same position last time and he started pulling in very highly rated kids. In the matter of weeks he has created a nice buzz, and probably more buzz in a shorter amount of time than his first go round. He has a much better resume this time to go with an ace recruiter....and the rest of the staff is nowhere near being filled out. He will start pulling highly rated recruits in if he puts a better product out on that field. If you cant see that, you must be drinking a little too much of your Nitty Kitty juice lately.

I mean we have a pretty good shot at the best kid in the state THIS year. And if it doesn't happen this year, it will happen pretty soon. Count on it. He's done it in the past with a much weaker recruiting co-cast.

It's just all talk though. Come back here next year and see where our recruiting is.

Congratulations on another great season and recruiting class.!!!!
As of this moment and at least for a couple of years PSU is a far superior football team and program then Rutgers.
Will never understand the need that PSU fans have to come to this board.
There! I've acknowledged your greatness and superiority. Now please go away.

p.s. I believe that you spelled committable wrong.

Reactions: DanHuff
ADVERTISEMENT