ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrese Samuel - 6' 10 power forward from Seton Hall entered the portal

He's a Canadian kid (even though he did his HS years in US) from the Quebec area so I was hoping we had some link to him based on our past success recruiting kids from Canada.

He's a good player and, from what I gather from my friends that are Seton Hall fans, a good kid. After reading the article though, it doesn't seem that he would be too interested in going someplace where he might be expected to contribute much as a 5.

He was unfairly asked to play the 5 the entire season for shoe, and did well, though the BE isn’t anywhere as physical as B1G. He was their best and most consistent player.

i suppose he would play alongside Reece, who developed well and mans the 5. That would be pretty good.

didnt realize he had another year left.

big loss for smurfs.

Canada is a fairly big country....
Big country geographically but small country by population. Canada has a smaller population than California so the basketball community is small. We got Eugene from Canada and we actually have a decent football pipeline from Canada so its not unrealistic that we probably have some connections to Tyrese.

He's a good player and, from what I gather from my friends that are Seton Hall fans, a good kid. After reading the article though, it doesn't seem that he would be too interested in going someplace where he might be expected to contribute much as a 5.
Interested in hearing the thoughts and insight of the Hall fans who lurk on this board.

Reactions: shields
The interesting thing is that the trouble with the international kids is that due to being a student VISA they can not collect NLI money.

The interesting thing is that the trouble with the international kids is that due to being a student VISA they can not collect NLI money.
As I posted in another thread, ways are being found around that. There is no bar on a kid on a student visa from making money, but only on the kid working. The trick is to pay the player without his having to do any "work."

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU_Nut
He's a Canadian kid (even though he did his HS years in US) from the Quebec area so I was hoping we had some link to him based on our past success recruiting kids from Canada.
I realize that Samuel has committed to Florida, but regarding your post, I just wanted to mention that Tyrese Samuel DID play at the same high school that we got Eugene Omoruyi from. Despite being from Montreal, Samuel played at Orangeville Prep in Ontario. He was class of 2019 there, and Eugene was class of 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT