ADVERTISEMENT

Tyshon Fogg To RU

Holy Crap, amazing get well done! Well thought out commitment, it is from the heart. This is the kind of student athlete we want here!

Reactions: Ataylor1989x
Unfriggin believable!!! This staff continues to amaze.

fckya.gif

Highlights below. Kid is an absolute wrecking ball with size and speed. He plays in the toughest division in Maryland which has been producing a lot of D1 talent lately. Factory offers, along with Stanford. And out of state. Ash is the happiest guy in NJ right now.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/432

Stanford, Army, Cal, Dartmouth, Duke, and Harvard. I don't know how we'll be on the field in the next couple years. But damn we're winning in the classroom. RU has never and I mean never had recruits with such impressive academic offers before. Not even close.

Can't resist. Just pisses me off more that Flood dicked around with a moron who couldn't pass dance or theater appreciation. What an utter abomination. Good guy eff that. Hope he can't get a job coaching pee-wee football. Sorry to vent.

Last edited:
Asbury Park, in R house!!! Welcome Mr. Fogg!!!!! We need a Fogg horn when he makes a hit!

What a lovely message. Sounds like his mother worked for Fort Monmouth.

Reactions: RUsSKii
Oh yeah, lack of New Jersey ties on staff is really starting to be a B1G problem with recruiting. Class is filling up too quickly.

As many of us thought, recruiting is recruiting. Hopefully this will help NJ folks who think it is some oddly special place just stop. Recruiting is recruiting. If you can do it, you can do it anywhere.

The difference is Ash and staff are professionals.

As many of us thought, recruiting is recruiting. Hopefully this will help NJ folks who think it is some oddly special place just stop. Recruiting is recruiting. If you can do it, you can do it anywhere.

The difference is Ash and staff are professionals.
Nice to have guys who actually want to earn their paycheck. I know, I shouldn't have went there, I just had to.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
Stanford, Army, Cal, Dartmouth, Duke, and Harvard. I don't know how we'll be on the field in the next couple years. But damn we're winning in the classroom. RU has never and I mean never had recruits with such impressive academic offers before. Not even close.

Can't resist. Just pisses me off more that Flood dicked around with a moron who couldn't pass dance or theater appreciation. What an utter abomination. Good guy eff that. Hope he can't get a job coaching pee-wee football. Sorry to vent.

Not really needed here. This is a great thread. Leave out the BS.

Bad enough you are killing our former HC. That in and of itself is old and tiresome. But no need to lay into a kid who made a mistake. It's not like he was a criminal. He just thought he had an easy A and it turns out the teacher though otherwise. I know a lot of non Football players who had that same problem at RU with "gut" classes. Anyway, the kid had NFL potential and our former HC was trying to do him a solid but ended up getting himself fired. In the end, I am happy we have Ash here right here right now with no disrespect to any of our former coaches and players. I know I am not along with these thoughts. Just let it go.

Ash is lighting it up on the recruiting trail. Beat out some major players for Fogg!
Congrats to all involved...serious pick up here.

To my knowledge, this is the first time since Schiano that we've secured two four star recruits (rated on Rivals) in the same class.

2012 - was Schiano's last imprint on recruits...mulitple 4 *'s and a 5 *
2013 - 1 - Barnwell, a disaster of a human being
2014 - 0
2015 - 1 - Ford, at the deadline after being dropped by, I believe, Clemson last minute
2016 - 0

I think this really says a lot about how poor Flood was at recruiting and selling himself, basically. Kudos to Ash for really stepping it up despite not being able to show a product on the field.

Reactions: RuRoman
To my knowledge, this is the first time since Schiano that we've secured two four star recruits (rated on Rivals) in the same class.

2014 - 0
2015 - 1 - Ford, at the deadline after being dropped by, I believe, Clemson last minute
2016 - 0

I think this really says a lot about how poor Flood was at recruiting and selling himself, basically. Kudos to Ash for really stepping it up despite not being able to show a product on the field.

"Disaster of a human being?" Pardon me, Mr. Perfect, I guess you or anyone close to you in your family never made a couple of small mistakes. Judgmental a-holes who tear apart young people for small mistakes under the anonymity of a message board are bigger disasters of human beings.

Some of you need to get the hell of your high horses and move on. And stop ripping our players, past and present. Show a modicum of class and decorum.

Must be nice to live in a perfect world where nothing goes wrong with anyone in your inner circle.

yea baby
Didn't call him a criminal just a moron and I'll stick by that. Flood trying to "do him a solid" did a huge disservice to our university that got more bad press than the recent much worse BS currently going on. We had one thing that was beyond reproach, our academic integrity. He ruined that. I think you are "along" (sic) with that. Sanctimonius!

Flood tried to do homework for players and got busted. Does that same punishment apply to Mr Fogg if he helps a fellow player? My D linemen recruitment mantra continues to apply but I truly believe that Hansard and at least one other large young human being are in the bag.

I remember Doug Graber recruiting some stud athletes to RU (especially OLs). Trouble is they couldn't qualify, or remain qualified. These guys now are studs on the field AND in the classroom. Very nice.

2014 - 0
2016 - 0

Yeah safe to say we are back at Schiano level recruiting. Didn't think Ash could do that in his first year, but I'm not surprised as this staff is the real deal and I'd put it up next to Mich, PSU, Maryland, etc. any day of the week.

Reactions: Scangg
I can't speak about Durkin, but Ash is everything that Franklin isn't. Sincere, real, can coach and isn't a dick. Recruiting for both schools will start trending in clear directions if it hasn't already.

I know it's early but I just checked the rankings and we're at #26 with no rating for Hayek. We're keeping up with the heavy hitters for now, which is always good for perception purposes. Remember changing the perception of RU is a big obstacle this staff is hurdling after last year's debacle. A major mission of Ash and staff is being accomplished.

ADVERTISEMENT