ADVERTISEMENT

Tyshon Fogg tweet re: commitment

And he was at the 76-0 game correct? Great to see.

Sometimes kids have to do what's best for them. Would Darius Hamilton been better if he went to Ohio State? Would Saquon Barkley been a Heisman candidate behind our horrendous offensive line last year. Being loyal is cool but these coaches will drop you in a second if something better comes along. So why shouldn't players do the same. If the Ohio State job opened up and they offered Ash the HC position, he would leave us in two seconds.

Reactions: bossnj1
Marsette has a much more interesting tweet:
Loyalty is whatever offer that comes across that appeals to me at that moment. Hey send me your offers!! Taking them up through February 1st! Sweeten my deal and I'll show you loyalty!

Reactions: CCvNYC
Loyalty is whatever offer that comes across that appeals to me at that moment. Hey send me your offers!! Taking them up through February 1st! Sweeten my deal and I'll show you loyalty!

He didn't tweet that

how do you feel about Devera decommitting twice since December?

Reactions: madchuck
------

as any program would do, you accept a late commit from another programs decommit,
because that is the nature of the game, unfortunately

but I respect the early commit the most, who sticks with his handshake agreement to a
college and its program

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I'm not going to pretend to be so naïve as to think there isn't much difference between conference-mates. But it's not the same to flip to Iowa as it is to flip from FCS to FBS. That said, I'm not crazy that Devera was so flip-happy. I wish kids wouldn't make a commitment until they are set.

I'm not going to pretend to be so naïve as to think there isn't much difference between conference-mates. But it's not the same to flip to Iowa as it is to flip from FCS to FBS. That said, I'm not crazy that Devera was so flip-happy. I wish kids wouldn't make a commitment until they are set.

The problem is if you don't commit, the school will move onto someone else who will. So it becomes this silly game played by both sides.

If you add up all of our decommits since 2013, only 2 are superstars. Saquon and Skai Moore thats 2 out of 20 plus kids.

Reactions: zgoru
It's going to be an absolute pleasure to root for Mr. Fogg during his time at RU...and beyond.

He's an example of someone who's becoming more and more scarce in today's world of college recruiting; a young guy who actually believes in honoring his word. -A great player who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk.

Thank you, Tyshon!!

If you add up all of our decommits since 2013, only 2 are superstars. Saquon and Skai Moore thats 2 out of 20 plus kids.

That's true. Probably throw in Njoku. Besides that, 80% of the kids who decommit go to these schools and don't even see the field.

Rokodesh, sorry when we helped this kid. You should read some stuff on Scout board. Understand some other things.

Not the same thing. He first went from one FCS offer to another : New Hampshire then Delaware.
Rutgers was his only FBS offer so it's not fair to compare his situation to Marsette.

Not the same thing. He first went from one FCS offer to another : New Hampshire then Delaware.
Rutgers was his only FBS offer so it's not fair to compare his situation to Marsette.
Agree...can't blame the kid for seizing a opportunity to play at the highest level in front of his family and State U...

A commitment is a commitment. So maybe Marsette thinks Iowa is a better school football wise than Rutgers. Go from a losing team to a winnign one.

Rutgers just got a commitment from a kid that had decommitted from Purdue and they're going after kids currently committed to Temple, Duke and Illinois.

How so? Those on their high horses say you only have your word. Breaking a commitment is wrong. It shouldn't matter if it a better program or not.

Reactions: drewbagel423
Listen, At the end of the day, we are talking about 17 yr. old kids here. Where I agree they should have looked at all of their options, thought thru, listen to their advisors/parents/coaches and than commit when they are 100% sure. But things can change, a late offer from a dream school comes that initially you never anticipated happening or the team your committed to just got commits from 2 other higher ranked prospects at your position.

The point here is, it's not like Melton or Micah are looking to make a move, it's the 2-3* kids that were initially afterthoughts to some of the schools but now to close out their class, they have become a priority. It's up to our coaching staff to drive that point home that they were not an afterthought here and the value of playing for RU. At the end of the day, kid has to do what he feels is best for him and it's our coaches job to sell him that RU is the best for him.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about.

20161117134556.jpg

I don't hate on kid's that decommit. They have their reasons.

But you have to love those that are loyal, and better yet, those that speak of the importance of loyalty.

It's the nature of the beast. It sucks on this end, but if RU were to ever reach a point where they are consistently flipping PSU, Iowa, and Virginia Tech recruits no one on this site would be preaching loyalty, hoping for an ACL tear or mocking a 17 year old's religious beliefs.

Reactions: BLewis1968
It's the nature of the beast. It sucks on this end, but if RU were to ever reach a point where they are consistently flipping PSU, Iowa, and Virginia Tech recruits no one on this site would be preaching loyalty, hoping for an ACL tear or mocking a 17 year old's religious beliefs.

Nobody has mocked anyone's religious beliefs. It's simply been pointed out that it's become somewhat standard practice for a de-commit to make it appear as if a supreme being is somehow playing a part in guiding him to go to another school. And it's also a very cooperative being since said power always counsels the kid to do exactly what he fully intends and wants to do anyway, and never seems to tell the prospect, "You made a pledge, honor it".

Hey, any recruit can choose any school he wants and there probably are rare times when faith does play a part. But, on occasion, it would provide a nice change of pace to hear a kid simply say what, in all probability, was the true motivation for his flip..."I got what I thought was a better offer and I took it".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT