ADVERTISEMENT

Uber question

JosephLanza

Junior
Oct 4, 2005
is there a contact phone number? I took it this morning and left my key in the car. How do I contact the driver ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

In the app select the hamburger icon in the top left (Android phone). Click on "Your Trips" then select the trip you want and you will be presented with a list of option one of which is "Lost Item"

Be prepared to tip the driver handsomely to return the keys. I'm amazed at how many people have expected me to return things left in my car to their home or work on my time w/ no compensation. Its come to the point that I have to pre-negotiate a tip or fee for returning the item.

Take another Uber to meet up with the Uber driver w your keys !

Be prepared to tip the driver handsomely to return the keys. I'm amazed at how many people have expected me to return things left in my car to their home or work on my time w/ no compensation. Its come to the point that I have to pre-negotiate a tip or fee for returning the item.

I'd tell em to come pick it up. Or mail.

I'd tell em to come pick it up. Or mail.
even mailing takes effort. I had a woman call me after leaving her phone in the car and wanted me to drive it over 2 towns to drop it at her house. When I asked her how will I be compensated her response was, "I already paid you for the uber trip" meanwhile she was sitting in her 8 million dollar beachfront home. She finally agreed to pay me $20 to drop it at her maids house in the same town as me. The maid told me they would probably not pay her back for the $$ she was putting out when I dropped off the phone, they were that cheap. If people don't offer it up front I have found they have no intention of compensating you. Meanwhile her husband was probably over billing every last minute for his clients.

even mailing takes effort. I had a woman call me after leaving her phone in the car and wanted me to drive it over 2 towns to drop it at her house. When I asked her how will I be compensated her response was, "I already paid you for the uber trip" meanwhile she was sitting in her 8 million dollar beachfront home. She finally agreed to pay me $20 to drop it at her maids house in the same town as me. The maid told me they would probably not pay her back for the $$ she was putting out when I dropped off the phone, they were that cheap. If people don't offer it up front I have found they have no intention of compensating you. Meanwhile her husband was probably over billing every last minute for his clients.

Can you charge them for an Uber trip for the cost of driving to their house?

Hahaha ... her maid's house, and has her pay for it. "I already paid you for the trip" - yeah, that trip. People are terrible. After reading that story, I have a better idea idea for you - put it up on eBay and message the individual to let them know they can buy it back there (assuming they're the highest bidder), shipping included!

Had a recent experience like that myself. Left my leather jacket behind in a car service car when coming home from the airport. Guy called to let me know he found it, but was too lazy to turn around and return it because he was "already on the highway" (like 15 mins away). Be one thing if he said he had another pickup to get to, but come on - I'm a regular customer and just dropped $80 plus a nice tip on the ride. Ended up just getting it back on a subsequent pickup. Didn't make a big deal out of it or anything, but it kind of soured me on the company.

But that's an entirely different model from an Uber driver, where you have no incentive whatsoever to go the extra mile in customer service.

Hahaha ... her maid's house, and has her pay for it. "I already paid you for the trip" - yeah, that trip. People are terrible. After reading that story, I have a better idea idea for you - put it up on eBay and message the individual to let them know they can buy it back there (assuming they're the highest bidder), shipping included!

Had a recent experience like that myself. Left my leather jacket behind in a car service car when coming home from the airport. Guy called to let me know he found it, but was too lazy to turn around and return it because he was "already on the highway" (like 15 mins away). Be one thing if he said he had another pickup to get to, but come on - I'm a regular customer and just dropped $80 plus a nice tip on the ride. Ended up just getting it back on a subsequent pickup. Didn't make a big deal out of it or anything, but it kind of soured me on the company.

But that's an entirely different model from an Uber driver, where you have no incentive whatsoever to go the extra mile in customer service.

Who knows how spiteful people will be but Id be curious if people downgrade their uber driver star rating wise if they don't do stuff like return items? Which could lead to bigger issues for the driver in the long run.

FYI I'm on the side of if you left it, you make arrangements at whatever expense might incur to get it back.

Reactions: FanuSanu52
Uber drivers , When you become a Uber driver do they provide proof of insurance cards to carry?

Who knows how spiteful people will be but Id be curious if people downgrade their uber driver star rating wise if they don't do stuff like return items? Which could lead to bigger issues for the driver in the long run.

FYI I'm on the side of if you left it, you make arrangements at whatever expense might incur to get it back.

You are only rated on your last 500 trips so having a few low rated trips is not going to effect your ratings all that much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT