ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Lawsuit

Get fired, sue and hope for a payout to make suit go away.
Sometimes the suer feels the cost of defending against his/her lawsuit might make the sued willing to pay , even if suit is not based on the facts , to make it go away rather than pay the cost of fighting and winning the case.

I might be biased but I hope his allegations are true and he can prove it and he gets P-A-I-D.
I haven't heard much of this type of stuff, but Alosi seemed to have more of a football background in his past, not that he can't also train basketball players as well. Strength coaches all have their specific goals and routines, the same narrative seems to however follow Danny Hurley.....he is always appearing to somehow rub people the wrong way. I know some UConn fans and others believe he's the 2nd coming of Jay Wright or Jim Calhoun, but he's certainly not appearing to be smart enough or savvy enough to be able to navigate the media aspects of the job.

Someone ultimately decided to hire Alosi.....my guess is Danny Hurley hired him when he started at UCONN or soon after he started coaching there. We have also seen an assistant coach leave UConn after this past season, former UConn player Kevin Freeman, departing Storrs, CT as well. It's rare to see existing assistant coaches at top flight programs, decide to up and leave, seemingly without a better job waiting for him.

For anyone wondering how far the UConn football program has sunk, take a look at the list of schools who were on OUR campus yesterday. There they are, right where they belong. Can’t comment on their basketball fans, but UConn football fans are the most disgusting fan base I have ever been around at their games.

Some of the allegations ought to be able to be documented, notably whether or not practices were held indoors rather than outdoors. Everyone seems quick to jump on the person filing the lawsuit but there may be some meat there. The case should be allowed to run its course.

Reactions: Russ Wood
ADVERTISEMENT