ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms?

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Has is been confirmed that RU is going away from the uniforms of the last few years and back to the classic Schiano style uni's?

Has is been confirmed that RU is going away from the uniforms of the last few years and back to the classic Schiano style uni's?

We are going back to a more classic look.

Home= Red helmet, Red Jersey, White Pants.

Road= White Helmet (I think he said), White Jersey, White Pants.

Chrome, Silver, Grey eliminated, and minimal use of black.

Nothing has been confirmed. If it was they wouldn't be having recruits take pictures in the old uniforms.

The practices have been in the old uniforms, but the Hale Center is still decorated with and all the graphics athletics has been putting out on social media, etc. have been with the new uniforms

recently I was told something along the lines of what Tango wrote. Basically said we aren't going to go old and plain like 06 but new style is gone. Will be a more traditional look.

Reactions: MozRU and T2Kplus10
recently I was told something along the lines of what Tango wrote. Basically said we aren't going to go old and plain like 06 but new style is gone. Will be a more traditional look.
Good. works for me.

Thank goodness! [banana]

All white is good if it is accented properly with some appropriate trim...maybe red and black stripes or design down the side of the pants. Silver pants with a red and black stripe on the side was worn years ago and the front of pants had a satin type finish. But an all knit pant with an accent stripe would look good. The all red doesn't do much for me...but then that's just my thinking. I like OSU's uniforms and Cincinnati's are sharp too. And like most I am just happy that the salmon look will be history.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightsofChrome
We are going back to a more classic look.

Home= Red helmet, Red Jersey, White Pants.

Road= White Helmet (I think he said), White Jersey, White Pants.

Chrome, Silver, Grey eliminated, and minimal use of black.
Where did you hear this? I hope this is true!

I believe the pictures posted on Facebook of this year's recruits showed them in the 06 uniforms, so I feel like there is something to these rumors of a more traditional look.

Finally I will be able to ditch the binoculars. Even with them sometimes the sun made it impossible to see the numbers. There's a reason I donated for tickets on the 40 yd. line 25 rows up, so I could see who was making the plays. I swear sometimes it felt like me and my seatmates were on a game show called, "Who Made That Play".

I agree too funny but it's an attempt to get your attention. Please post your source of the changing of the unis. Otherwise you are just the fruitcake we all think you are.
And Tango for once I hope you are right....but your track record is awful.
Hope you aren't too tired after shoveling those 14 inches

It was always a high likelihood the unis were changing. Outside of traditionally successful schools, new coaches almost always mean new uniforms.

Ash will get them right.

Reactions: MozRU
I know GS selected the uniforms, but that awful design became synonymous with the awful Flood years. Perception trumps reality sometimes!
Doesn't matter: those uniforms were designed by Schiano, not Flood.

You mean the last remnants of the Schiano error, right?

I know multiple people have said they were Schiano's uniforms...and given the timeline, it does makes perfect sense that they were in fact his idea...But I just cannot get over the fact that he would approve that crap...He was all about plain/simple/block R (Penn State-esk), very Chris Ash like in the detail sense. The uniforms just always seemed like a complete 180 from Schiano which is why I guess everyone (including me) assumes the finishing touches were brought on by Flood.

classic Schiano style uni's? Nope.

Chrome, power rangers? Maybe not

Brand New ones? That was planned since Flood was here, Only insiders have seen them.

I haven't seen them, all I been able to find out that they might have a more classy look, whatever that means.

Do we really care about uniforms? Shouldn't we focus on recruiting, facilities, and things that help us win? Do uniforms make us faster, bigger, and better play makers?

Do we really care about uniforms? Shouldn't we focus on recruiting, facilities, and things that help us win? Do uniforms make us faster, bigger, and better play makers?

As football fans, you should worry about EVERYTHING.

Now if someone is more worried about uniforms than those things then perhaps they have lost their focus.

ADVERTISEMENT