ADVERTISEMENT

University of the Incarnate Word Cardinals

RobertG

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
I was looking into Iowa's schedule. Last week they played and beat Nevada. Looking at Nevada's schedule the week prior to the Iowa game Nevada played and lost to :

UIW Cardinals.

UIW Cardinals put up 600+ yards against Nevada.

I had no idea there was a university named Incarnate Word, let alone one that had a football team.

You learn something new.

Last edited:
I was looking into Iowa's schedule. Last week they played and beat Nevada. Looking at Nevada's schedule the week prior to the Iowa game Nevada played and lost to :

UIW Cardinals.

I had no idea there was a university named Incarnate Word, let alone one that had a football team.

You learn something new.
They beat Nebraska a few years ago in basketball, was a massive upset at the time.

Was on a road trip a year or two later in Texas, and happened to drive right past their campus on the outskirts of San Antonio. Was shocked, never knew where it was. Actually a large campus

I learn of a new college just about every week when searching for games or watching the scores roll by.

Incarnate Word was one such school a few years ago.

CFB is even better for this, I imagine.

So the poster who claimed that Nevada would crush Temple didn’t do any homework and just made $hit up in a self loathing baby fit. Noted.
You mean to tell me there are posters on the internet who would post things without doing a few simple Google searches? And here I am thinking every post was supported with factual data.

I bet both Iowa and Rutgers would love Incarnate Word's QB. Last year's QB transferred to Washington State, went to Madison Week 2 and lead Cougars to 17-14.

Last I look, certain FCS programs put plenty of players into League, or have outstanding players.

Fwiw

Reactions: Yeah Baby
I bet both Iowa and Rutgers would love Incarnate Word's QB. Last year's QB transferred to Washington State, went to Madison Week 2 and lead Cougars to 17-14.

Last I look, certain FCS programs put plenty of players into League, or have outstanding players.

Fwiw
Incarnate word also did very well in the FCS playoffs last year. They could be in the same level as Temple.

Reactions: Yeah Baby

Fwiw
Would we? Because he's not their QB anymore. What's the actual one doing?

It isn't man lands on moon meme worthy but the name has been floating around several years now, perhaps moreso in NCAA hoops circles. It did take me a couple years after first hearing of the school to find out it was located in Texas as I wasn't compelled to look it up when I first saw the name during ESPN highlights or something.

I lived down in Austin for a couple years 20+ years ago and don't recall ever hearing of it during that entire time. But it must have been there.

UIW basketball is coached by a former Purdue player named Dr. Carson Cunningham. The fact that he got himself a Ph.D. in history and worked as a professor at DePaul (with no involvement in the DePaul basketball program) is pretty memorable.

Also, it was this fact that helped me win some money in gambling last year because I knew that even a top 10 Purdue team would never run the score up on Cunningham’s team (spread was 39, Purdue won by 20).

Last edited:
You mean to tell me there are posters on the internet who would post things without doing a few simple Google searches? And here I am thinking every post was supported with factual data.
Lol I was focused on the self loathing whiny babies more than just the non factual babble which we are all guilty of. I come on here as a Rutgers FAN and if I’m going to make up stuff it going to be pro RU!

Last edited:
Their hoops team has beaten several big name schools. Remember giving my buddy grief a few years ago after they beat St. Johns.

UIW Cardinals.

You learn something new.

so are we talking

cardinal-pair-sideways-bonnie-t-barry.jpg

or

conclave.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT