ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming schedule

It's kinda hard to find a win the rest of the season outside of Penn St and Nebraska.......

fking broootal m8's
There are few must wins in the league but night in night out the top 10 teams in the league can beat each other. That’s why we play the games.

The big question for the remaining games of the season is how many wins does Rutgers need to get a NCAA bid?

Reactions: IL Lusciato
What this season has shown us already, is that we can win and lose close games as well as win and lose games by large margins; every team in this conference has experienced the same thing. We just have to focus on playing consistent, hard-nosed basketball the rest of the way out. We may not be a Top 10 team that we hoped, but we're certainly a Top 25 team, and that should bare out over the rest of the season, barring injuries.

Every other team can say the same thing. This isn’t RU from 5 years ago.

Should we just forfeit the rest of the season like coach k wants to do? Or should we just shut the program down like Mike brey at Notre Lame suggested to Christie?
What do you charge Coach K for renting that space in your head? I know it ain't free

It's kinda hard to find a win the rest of the season outside of Penn St and Nebraska.......

fking broootal m8's
You make it sound like Penn St and Nebraska are gimmies. They are not....just like all the rest are not losses. You have to bring it every day in this league. I think we will turn it around and make the tournament but we are not nearly as good as a lot of us thought about a weak ago.

Maybe a 12-11 or 13-10 record before Big 10 tournament. It will be interesting how this plays out.

The big question for the remaining games of the season is how many wins does Rutgers need to get a NCAA bid?
I think 10-10 in the league gets us in . 9-11 we got work to do in the big ten tournament . 8-12 and you need a run to the big ten title game.

I think we probably need to go 8-4 the rest of the way to insure an NCAA bid.

Wisconsin
NW x2
Indiana x2
Maryland
Minnesota at home
Nebraska

That would be my guess

Boy it would really help to get another game in.

I think we probably need to go 8-4 the rest of the way to insure an NCAA bid.

Wisconsin
NW x2
Indiana x2
Maryland
Minnesota at home
Nebraska

That would be my guess

Boy it would really help to get another game in.
11-8 in the BigTen ignoring the PSU game and assuming one additional win in the BIG tourney would get them a 6 or 7 seed at worst and 10-9 would be like an 8-9 seed. 9-10 puts you on the ‘bubble in’. 8-11 is ‘bubble out’ requiring at least two wins in BIG tourney.

The BIG is getting 10 or 11 teams in barring collapses by some teams.

11-8 in the BigTen ignoring the PSU game and assuming one additional win in the BIG tourney would get them a 6 or 7 seed at worst and 10-9 would be like an 8-9 seed. 9-10 puts you on the ‘bubble in’. 8-11 is ‘bubble out’ requiring at least two wins in BIG tourney.

You guys are wrong
8-9 Big Ten wins gets you in
Plenty of Quad 1 opportunities

You guys are wrong

Cliff O comes back and we won’t be giving up so many rebounds . Changes the whole dynamic
Not a coincidence slump started after he got injured
We have no depth behind Myles

15-8 will get us in, as I mentioned.

But if we go 7-5 instead of 8-4, then that's a 14-9 record, lose the first game in the conference tourney and that's a 14-10. That is at best a bubble team.

If we go 6-6 the rest of the way, which by the way is very probable, we would need to win a game in the B1G tournament just to make the NIT.

You guys are wrong
They are not putting in a team that's 2 games over .500 in the NCAA tournament. We probably won't even make the NIT.

This guy cannot be serious! One bad game and this guys thinks we will lose almost every remaining game. He can jump off the bandwagon. We want real fans rooting for RU.
I know what he is saying except we have not had one bad game we have had 5 bad games in a row and there is nothing this team has shown that says we are going to get any better

6-6 rest of the way and one win in tourney gets you to (9-11) + (1-1) in the BIG...(14-12) overall. Good enough for an 11 seed vs a 6 and then maybe vs a 3 seed...still a good shot at a sweet 16 run.

Would be nice to schedule a cupcake for Monday but I doubt it happens. Get Cliff back in the flow. Get minutes for the other freshmen. Maybe get some confidence back for Geo and Ron. The Caldwell game did that last year for JY

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT