ADVERTISEMENT

Update 7p.m 9/15--Big Ten finalizes football schedule, Waiting on Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. If that's true, I am waiting for Rutgersal posting of RU is the Alabama of the north.

They better start the schedule with the games that were to be played
I heard they released the schedule:

7 conf; 1 non-conf
Week 1: RU @ Ohio State
Week 2: RU @ Penn State
Week 3: RU @ Michigan
Week 4: RU @ Wisconsin
Week 5: RU vs. MSU
Week 6: RU vs. Iowa (Yankee Stadium)
Week 7: RU vs. Nebraska (MetLife)
Week 8: RU vs. Alabama (Georgia Dome) - OOC
Week 9: Bye

This would be a kick in the gut, we should miss Ohio st since we were supposed to originally play them the 2nd game. B1G has turtored us with R schedule since we've been a member.

There is no point in playing if you re not playing enough games to qualify for the playoff. I think you need a min of 8 to be considered and if you play as few as 6 by not starting until late Oct. what is the point?

I thought the main point of playing was to support the local small businesses...

Chris "Mad Dog" Russo's show on SiriusXM had a caller today that said he had some kind of inside information (yes, I know *eye roll*) and he claimed that the hold up in the Big 10 was that three schools were insisting the other schools kick in money to pay for their testing or they would not agree to play. Russo dragged Rutgers' name out of him, but he wouldn't say the other two schools.

They better start the schedule with the games that were to be played

This would be a kick in the gut, we should miss Ohio st since we were supposed to originally play them the 2nd game. B1G has turtored us with R schedule since we've been a member.
You have it backwards. The B1G is not going to torture us by making us play OSU. The B1G is going to reward OSU by allowing them to play us.

The scheduling objective of the B1G in this upcoming sprint will be to clear a path for a few select heavyweights so that at least one gets to the playoffs. You don't do that by having them play each other. You do that by having them play the likes of us.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Chris "Mad Dog" Russo's show on SiriusXM had a caller today that said he had some kind of inside information (yes, I know *eye roll*) and he claimed that the hold up in the Big 10 was that three schools were insisting the other schools kick in money to pay for their testing or they would not agree to play. Russo dragged Rutgers' name out of him, but he wouldn't say the other two schools.
Why would any school pay for another’s testing...I’d tell that other school to shove it and go cower in a corner

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bac2therac
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT