ADVERTISEMENT

Updated roster

What happened to Cammie McKinney on roster? She has disappeared on Twitter and all the articles about her coming to RU are gone.
Never seen a ghosting that quickly. Maybe RU released the press release earlier than they were supposed to.

pretty sure the player and her mothers twitter both deleted and ghosting the coaching staff now

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Never seen a ghosting that quickly. Maybe RU released the press release earlier than they were supposed to.

pretty sure the player and her mothers twitter both deleted and ghosting the coaching staff now
Yes, her entire twitter account is gone. So strange. I was wondering why a 2022 recruit of her caliber hadn't committed yet. I guess we will never know the story. I hope we can find 3 or 4 players soon. Maybe from Fordham?

What a week this was regarding announcements surrounding the team. Unfortunately, the negative announcements just won't allow us to fully enjoy the positive ones.

Nijah gets married, the staff gets announced, we get to know who the third asst. is, .......but then we have to hear that SaKIMA (lol....I know her mother is saying, who the h--- is Samika?? lol) is gone and now Cammie mysteriously vanishes from the roster.

Whatever happened, the social media stuff leads one to think that it wasn't anything to do with academics but something to do with coaches or teammates.

Whatever the case, things have a way of working themselves out. Unfortunate turn of events, but not the end of the world for either side.

If Cammie and RU was not a good fit, it's best that was realized now instead of later.

Hopefully, we are looking into the guard(Evans) from Rider to add to our roster. She along with another experienced pg and two posts would round out our needs.

Hey ScarletteK80,
Is there anything on the horizon in terms of signing some folks?
Hey Skillet, back at you. Just realized Skillet, and Scarlet has a nice ring to it, lol. I'm sure(I hope) that all the staff is working 24/7 on finding bodies at this point. Can't imagine playing with a group of seven. Even thought could we borrow a volleyball player, or two. But, I know that's not going to happen. I don't have the same # of connections as in past years. One Cager who has a lot of knowledge met the new coach and thought she was very smart, and will do well. Meh, but can she recruit, like as in pronto?
I'm sure Tasha is on the horn as she still knows folks in the area. Sorry, not to be more helpful, and positive. I've kind of written this year off as I did last year's group, and Eatman as well. SK80.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
Hey Skillet, back at you. Just realized Skillet, and Scarlet has a nice ring to it, lol. I'm sure(I hope) that all the staff is working 24/7 on finding bodies at this point. Can't imagine playing with a group of seven. Even thought could we borrow a volleyball player, or two. But, I know that's not going to happen. I don't have the same # of connections as in past years. One Cager who has a lot of knowledge met the new coach and thought she was very smart, and will do well. Meh, but can she recruit, like as in pronto?
I'm sure Tasha is on the horn as she still knows folks in the area. Sorry, not to be more helpful, and positive. I've kind of written this year off as I did last year's group, and Eatman as well. SK80.
Thanks, Scarlette! If you've been around for a while, do you happen to know BB or Muffin? Both dear friends of mine and real devotees of RUWBB.

I've been around since the Dark Ages. Don't know a BB, or Muffin. Probably would know them if I saw them. My season tickets were around center court 4 rows up across from the benches. Used to get a real show, x rated from the Geno for years.

I've been around since the Dark Ages. Don't know a BB, or Muffin. Probably would know them if I saw them. My season tickets were around center court 4 rows up across from the benches. Used to get a real show, x rated from the Geno for years.
Hah! Don't want to use their full names, but big WBB fans who worked for the university. I started going in the Sue Wicks era. Kristen Foley was probably my favorite player. She seemed to be the coach on the floor.

Didn't start going on a regular basis until around 2000. Saw some games in the Grentz era but only a few. Then stupid things like getting a graduate degree, getting married, having kids/career took over.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
Didn't start going on a regular basis until around 2000. Saw some games in the Grentz era but only a few. Then stupid things like getting a graduate degree, getting married, having kids/career took over.
Life can get in the way of our best laid plans. I taught at the Grad School of Ed until 2005. You aren't a teacher, are you?

I was told she decided she is not playing basketball anywhere in college at this time and asked for her release from her NLI.
Well looks like it wasn't a problem between her and school, just something else that's causing her to forgo playing for awhile.
Hope whatever the problem is it doesn't stop her from getting a college degree.

Brown entered the portal after the deadline to enter, but there was a coaching change at SPU so it is likely she will be granted eligibility to play this year. Maybe RU is awaiting a decision on this before adding her to the roster?

Brown entered the portal after the deadline to enter, but there was a coaching change at SPU so it is likely she will be granted eligibility to play this year. Maybe RU is awaiting a decision on this before adding her to the roster?
Time will tell. If all else fails, we can always suit Tasha up.

The most likely reason is that adding her to the roster is low priority. Not every update is urgent even though some fans think they should be treated as such. It's not just adding a name. It's a picture, her complete bio.

Not that it isn't concerning now but when does only 8 players become a real concern?

Reactions: robjknight
Not that it isn't concerning now but when does only 8 players become a real concern?
I'm with you. Just trying to trust that the new staff has everything in control and knows what they're doing. I keep checking this board and the team's twitter everyday hoping to see some pleasantly surprising news of a newly added point guard and or 6'5" post.

I don't understand the 'sign a few walk-ons in the Fall' thing.

I'm very happy to have the players currently on our roster,...Thankful that they decided to stay and for Ms Brown coming over from St Peters. I just wish we could add the pieces needed to make it complete.

It's been difficult seeing all these other schools loading up on talent for the upcoming year and beyond. Although our staff may have some things in the works, the fact that things are so quiet on our end compared to, seemingly, everybody else who is where we want to be, its somewhat deflating.

When during the games early fouls by multiple payers will have the depth suspect.
Also players triring out because of lack of talent on bencxh ghas them playing to long in game before being given a rest.
Though walk ons will be substituted in that case to keep the players refreshed , stamina at the end of game might become a factor when trying to keep a lead or comeback from behind to pull out the win
Also if the walkons play to many minutes the difference of talent on the floor will probably be in the oppositions favor and the score more than likely will reflect that

Last edited:
I'm with you. Just trying to trust that the new staff has everything in control and knows what they're doing. I keep checking this board and the team's twitter everyday hoping to see some pleasantly surprising news of a newly added point guard and or 6'5" post.

I don't understand the 'sign a few walk-ons in the Fall' thing.

I'm very happy to have the players currently on our roster,...Thankful that they decided to stay and for Ms Brown coming over from St Peters. I just wish we could add the pieces needed to make it complete.

It's been difficult seeing all these other schools loading up on talent for the upcoming year and beyond. Although our staff may have some things in the works, the fact that things are so quiet on our end compared to, seemingly, everybody else who is where we want to be, its somewhat deflating.
What has the roster number typically been in past years?

ADVERTISEMENT