ADVERTISEMENT

Updated transfers

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
upload_2017-4-9_21-20-33-png.21589

Compare by schools with winning records versus losing records.

Compare by year in school.
Not sure your point. All the transfers from schools with losing records appear to be Sophomores or Juniors on the list above (BC, Vandy, Pitt (if not losing, close to it)). All the transfers from the rest of the schools, that all had winning records, appear to be Freshman and Sophomores except for Juniors that left for the WNBA draft..

The point is?

Not sure your point. All the transfers from schools with losing records appear to be Sophomores or Juniors on the list above (BC, Vandy, Pitt (if not losing, close to it)). All the transfers from the rest of the schools, that all had winning records, appear to be Freshman and Sophomores except for Juniors that left for the WNBA draft..

The point is?
Those who transfer from winning programs seem to be very different reasons for transfer from losing programs.
No you cannot convince me that CVS is worth 750k per year.

Those who transfer from winning programs seem to be very different reasons for transfer from losing programs.
No you cannot convince me that CVS is worth 750k per year.
Do you mean playing time ?
I would like to see what you mean by : "Those who transfer from winning programs seem to be very different reasons for transfer from losing programs."

As for salary, like it or not CVS' name recognition still has value.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
I would like to see what you mean by : "Those who transfer from winning programs seem to be very different reasons for transfer from losing programs."

Take her name recognition and her almost 1000wins and loose them.

Take her name recognition and her almost 1000wins and loose them.
ok :p
now that that's settled , will you answer this : Do you mean playing time ? ( which I asked you before ) when you said : "Those who transfer from winning programs seem to be very different reasons for transfer from losing programs."

If Hobbs was going to do something this year, is it within the next week or so? If not, I hope he doesn't let her stay more than one more year.

ok :p
now that that's settled , will you answer this : Do you mean playing time ? ( which I asked you before ) when you said : "Those who transfer from winning programs seem to be very different reasons for transfer from losing programs."
HC attitude toward players

HC attitude toward players
That happens at both winning programs and losing ones.
The HC demands a certain style of play and gets on the players that aren't following directions.
Some might claim it's the coach's attitude, but it doesn't just happen at Rutgers or a program that had a losing record.
Some players in winning programs don't feel they are being treated right by the HC and transfer out, losing programs have the same problem.
So CVS isn't the lone ranger when it comes to her detractors trying to find a reason for transfers that can be used against her.

That happens at both winning programs and losing ones.
The HC demands a certain style of play and gets on the players that aren't following directions.
Some might claim it's the coach's attitude, but it doesn't just happen at Rutgers or a program that had a losing record.
Some players in winning programs don't feel they are being treated right by the HC and transfer out, losing programs have the same problem.
So CVS isn't the lone ranger when it comes to her detractors trying to find a reason for transfers that can be used against her.
$750 k is way too much to pay for a hc whose record at the present time STINKS.There are lots things that you get away with when your are winning,but when you are a loser that no longer is happening .Her style of play is outdated and has not been updated.Her high school recruiting is not at the top 5% of womens hc.Her performance is far being at the top 5% of hc.Her methods methods of dealing with starting players stinks.I am totally against her getting $750k to be hc.

$750 k is way too much to pay for a hc whose record at the present time STINKS.There are lots things that you get away with when your are winning,but when you are a loser that no longer is happening .Her style of play is outdated and has not been updated.Her high school recruiting is not at the top 5% of womens hc.Her performance is far being at the top 5% of hc.Her methods methods of dealing with starting players stinks.I am totally against her getting $750k to be hc.

You're on my ignore list. Bye, bye.

Reactions: TRU2RU
You are my list persons who are baffled by reality and think the woman program is operating in 2007 rather than 2017.

For once I agree with @RutgersDon (not with the delivery but with the message...). We have been surpassed by countless dozens, dozens more than some here want to admit, in the recent past. There is ZERO excuse for that and it ALL comes down on one person and one person only, in the end, and this sad quest for 1000 wins. I've always had mad respect for CVS, and ALL her and her program's great accomplishments since she arrived OTB, but the time for her to step down is now. She can continue on her quest for 1000 at countless #'s of schools, I'm sure, but it's just not working here anymore and, honestly, I think that's a damn shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: RizwranIII
For once I agree with @RutgersDon (not with the delivery but with the message...). We have been surpassed by countless dozens, dozens more than some here want to admit, in the recent past. There is ZERO excuse for that and it ALL comes down on one person and one person only, in the end, and this sad quest for 1000 wins. I've always had mad respect for CVS, and ALL her and her program's great accomplishments since she arrived OTB, but the time for her to step down is now. She can continue on her quest for 1000 at countless #'s of schools, I'm sure, but it's just not working here anymore and, honestly, I think that's a damn shame.
Just to clarify - if you count last season only, then we have been passed by countless dozen's. Otherwise, it is an unpleasant - but not quite so ugly - picture.
I'm not calling for CVS to go, but I have accepted that RU is unlikely to be seen in the upper reaches of WBB in the near future. I'm one who does believe that CVS can bring the program back to a passable level (unsatisfactory to most fans given the history, but in reality a level in the top 20% of teams). I think she will do better next season than any replacement (I've said that before) for a variety of reasons, I'm not sure thereafter because our recruiting has been sub-standard actually for a while, again, for reasons that were discussed earlier in the season.
I try my best to take a fair and wide-angled view of things. As was said numerous times during the season, there was adequate justification to change coaches, but that was not the fan's decision. Nor was it "mandatory", CVS's only "sin" was not putting a winning product on the floor. So the RU administration can "justify" retention so long as better results are anticipated (by those who know far more inside information than fans ever do).

IMO CVS has positive name recognition (big-time) w the media and the coaching world. But little w recruits and the recognition that is out there is not conducive to recruiting. Her H of F status means little to a top recruit as compared to the 6 win season. HS players live so much more in the present than the media and other coaches.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT