ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today writer: “Darkest day in Big Ten history”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine Brennan is absolutely out of her mind.

Does she not rememberJerry Sandusky and the coverup?

Larry Nasser and the coverup?

Holy moly is this woman absolutely insane.

In 1917 Rutgers went 7-1-1 and in 1918 we were 5-2 including several games against military teams. If my recollection serves, military bases were the focal points of the Spanish flu pandemic. No testing, no cure, no vaccines and no understanding that viruses existed then, yet football in 2020 is worse?

Brennan, like many in the media (including the sports media), is an activist first and a journalist second. She's upset because Orange Man Bad and anything that even tacitly hinders his removal is unacceptable.
I agree with everything you've said other than describing her as a "journalist." There aren't any in mainstream media today . They are democrat propagandists , not journalists.

Have you missed how many games postponed after 2 weeks? BYU - Army isn't playing Saturday. Va Tech has postponed 2. Ark State postponed their game this Sat after an outbreak. Now K State, the team they played Saturday, has something like 10 positives.

Texas Tech has reported 75 positives. A number of teams stopped practicing.
what's your point?

not sure how serious you can take that. i mean, most of intent with the wording is for it be spread around, correct?
there is no way she actually believes what she wrote

laughable click bait at its finest

Did you read the post I responded to? Guess not but to put it simply, college football hasn't shown it's immune to the virus and there are teams who couldn't play due to outbreaks. Got it now?
Yeah? No shit?!? College players from the same team tested positive??? Holy shit.
I can't believe this happened!
Surely it won't happen again.

Reactions: bac2therac
Just stay in your basement where it's safe
Strange how many people must die before you take this thing seriously.
And BTW me and my wife have the whole house....not just the basement. We just worry when we have to go out there where there are the occasional a-holes who think they're being put upon by being told to wear a mask.

If the B1G made a mistake it will be found out.
They are supposedly basing their decision on the medical evidence currently available .
If they are bowing down to any pressure not based on science then this writer is right in sounding off.
But that won't be known until play begins and with a month to set up health safety measures , as it stands the ones bemoaning the move are acting like chicken littles.

Those discounting the games being rescheduled as not relevant are acting like the too blind to see crowd that discounts anything and everything that goes contrary to their desires
Those games must be taken into account, but used as proof that if anything looks a little off, safety will come first and game will not be played.

I was fine with the B1G saying games wouldn't be played because of safety concerns .
I'm fine with the reversal using the medical findings they reticently review that made the B1G open the season again for conference play.

As for media types, they have a right to their opinion as I have a right to reject it now and see if I'm right or wrong doing that by what happens after play starts .
By the end of season we'll all know.

Reactions: Greg2020
Rush slammed the USA Today reporter as well as the other sportswriters who almost all seem to actually dislike sports. Weird profession but they are almost all shamelessly left.

Just wait. There will be an outbreak on a campus 10 days after a weekend of frat and sorority parties where thousands of kids are jammed 6 inches apart with no masks and if 1 football player tests positive it's "all because of football"

I agree with everything you've said other than describing her as a "journalist." There aren't any in mainstream media today . They are democrat propagandists , not journalists.
Lets make politics the issue when you don't like what a journalist wrote
Discount all achievements because we don't like her column today and need to make what she wrote a political statement instead of a opinion about a sports related matter.
Lets look at her resume

Christine Brennan received bachelor's and master's degrees from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.
After graduating, she began working for the Miami Herald, becoming the Herald's first female sports reporter in 1981

Christine is an on-air commentator for ABC News, CNN, PBS NewsHour, and NPR.

She has covered every Olympic Games, summer and winter, since the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Brennan is a member of the Board of Trustees of Northwestern University and a national trustee at the University of Toledo.

Awards

• 1993 Capital Press Women's "Woman of Achievement"
  • 1995 Inductee—Ohio Women's Hall of Fame
  • 2001 and 2003 Associated Press Sports Editors—Top 10 columnists in the category of the nation's biggest newspapers
  • 2002 U.S. Sports Academy's Ronald Reagan media award
  • 2003 Jake Wade Award from the College Sports Information Directors of America for outstanding media contribution to intercollegiate athletics
  • 2004 Association for Women in Sports Media—Pioneer Award
  • 2004 Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism Hall of Achievement inductee
  • 2005 Woman of the Year from WISE (Women in Sports and Events)
  • 2006 Inaugural Billie Award in Journalism [15]
  • 2006 Inductee—Ottawa Hills (Ohio) Foundation Hall of Fame
  • 2006 Alumnae Award winner from The Alumnae of Northwestern University
  • 2007 Northwestern University Alumni Service Award
  • 2008 Inaugural Northwestern University Women's Athletics Alumnae Award
  • 2013 Yale University Kiphuth Medal
  • 2013 Ralph McGill Lecturer at the University of Georgia
  • 2016 Association for Women in Sports Media-Ann Miller Service Award
  • 2016 Washington DC Sports Hall of Fame
  • 2017 Northwestern Athletics Hall of Fame
  • 2020 Red Smith Award
( note: I didn't know this until I checked.
But believe if going to defend or attack someone's job performance should try to learn about that person before making an accusation.
Many here probably know about Christine Brenner as a journalist, I didn't and want o share my findings after seeing her put in the propagandist category

Rush slammed the USA Today reporter as well as the other sportswriters who almost all seem to actually dislike sports. Weird profession but they are almost all shamelessly left.
Geddy and Alex slammed the USA reporter?

geddyalex.jpg

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Lets make politics the issue when you don't like what a journalist wrote
Discount all achievements because we don't like her column today and need to make what she wrote a political statement instead of a opinion about a sports related matter.
Lets look at her resume

Christine Brennan received bachelor's and master's degrees from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.
After graduating, she began working for the Miami Herald, becoming the Herald's first female sports reporter in 1981

Christine is an on-air commentator for ABC News, CNN, PBS NewsHour, and NPR.

She has covered every Olympic Games, summer and winter, since the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Brennan is a member of the Board of Trustees of Northwestern University and a national trustee at the University of Toledo.

Awards

• 1993 Capital Press Women's "Woman of Achievement"
  • 1995 Inductee—Ohio Women's Hall of Fame
  • 2001 and 2003 Associated Press Sports Editors—Top 10 columnists in the category of the nation's biggest newspapers
  • 2002 U.S. Sports Academy's Ronald Reagan media award
  • 2003 Jake Wade Award from the College Sports Information Directors of America for outstanding media contribution to intercollegiate athletics
  • 2004 Association for Women in Sports Media—Pioneer Award
  • 2004 Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism Hall of Achievement inductee
  • 2005 Woman of the Year from WISE (Women in Sports and Events)
  • 2006 Inaugural Billie Award in Journalism [15]
  • 2006 Inductee—Ottawa Hills (Ohio) Foundation Hall of Fame
  • 2006 Alumnae Award winner from The Alumnae of Northwestern University
  • 2007 Northwestern University Alumni Service Award
  • 2008 Inaugural Northwestern University Women's Athletics Alumnae Award
  • 2013 Yale University Kiphuth Medal
  • 2013 Ralph McGill Lecturer at the University of Georgia
  • 2016 Association for Women in Sports Media-Ann Miller Service Award
  • 2016 Washington DC Sports Hall of Fame
  • 2017 Northwestern Athletics Hall of Fame
  • 2020 Red Smith Award
( note: I didn't know this until I checked.
But believe if going to defend or attack someone's job performance should try to learn about that person before making an accusation.
Many here probably know about Christine Brenner as a journalist, I didn't and want o share my findings after seeing her put in the propagandist category

She makes a strong case that women should stay in the kitchen

Reactions: newell138
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT