ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today writer: “Darkest day in Big Ten history”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets make politics the issue when you don't like what a journalist wrote
Discount all achievements because we don't like her column today and need to make what she wrote a political statement instead of a opinion about a sports related matter.
Lets look at her resume

Christine Brennan received bachelor's and master's degrees from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.
After graduating, she began working for the Miami Herald, becoming the Herald's first female sports reporter in 1981

Christine is an on-air commentator for ABC News, CNN, PBS NewsHour, and NPR.

She has covered every Olympic Games, summer and winter, since the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Brennan is a member of the Board of Trustees of Northwestern University and a national trustee at the University of Toledo.

Awards

• 1993 Capital Press Women's "Woman of Achievement"
  • 1995 Inductee—Ohio Women's Hall of Fame
  • 2001 and 2003 Associated Press Sports Editors—Top 10 columnists in the category of the nation's biggest newspapers
  • 2002 U.S. Sports Academy's Ronald Reagan media award
  • 2003 Jake Wade Award from the College Sports Information Directors of America for outstanding media contribution to intercollegiate athletics
  • 2004 Association for Women in Sports Media—Pioneer Award
  • 2004 Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism Hall of Achievement inductee
  • 2005 Woman of the Year from WISE (Women in Sports and Events)
  • 2006 Inaugural Billie Award in Journalism [15]
  • 2006 Inductee—Ottawa Hills (Ohio) Foundation Hall of Fame
  • 2006 Alumnae Award winner from The Alumnae of Northwestern University
  • 2007 Northwestern University Alumni Service Award
  • 2008 Inaugural Northwestern University Women's Athletics Alumnae Award
  • 2013 Yale University Kiphuth Medal
  • 2013 Ralph McGill Lecturer at the University of Georgia
  • 2016 Association for Women in Sports Media-Ann Miller Service Award
  • 2016 Washington DC Sports Hall of Fame
  • 2017 Northwestern Athletics Hall of Fame
  • 2020 Red Smith Award
( note: I didn't know this until I checked.
But believe if going to defend or attack someone's job performance should try to learn about that person before making an accusation.
Many here probably know about Christine Brenner as a journalist, I didn't and want o share my findings after seeing her put in the propagandist category
it's going to be OK, Christine. not everybody will die. It's OK to log in with your regular account now. breathe deep.

Reactions: bac2therac
Brennan, like many in the media (including the sports media), is an activist first and a journalist second. She's upset because Orange Man Bad and anything that even tacitly hinders his removal is unacceptable.
Agreed, sports is just a social engineering tool to her.

I gave up reading newspaper/ESPN sports writers a long time ago

outkick.com is the best now

Christine Brennan Drops One Of The Hottest Hot Takes In Big Ten History

Phew, we were not mentioned, and Ohio State mentioned twice:

Do I start with the college message boards where you can’t go an hour without being reminded of Jerry Sandusky (60 year max sentence) molesting kids in showers?

Do I start with the dark cesspools of Facebook where Ohio State fans tried to build a defense for Zach Smith in his quest to torture his wife turned ex-wife?

Surely Christine would mention a dark day when Woody Hayes punched a Clemson player in one of the ugliest moments in college football history.

What about Bob Knight choking Neil Reed?

And nice pic in the story below it!!

Trump-Heisman-1-561x316.jpg

Lets be real, this is why she's REALLY upset:

Or, we could call it the Trumpeting of the Big Ten. It was just two weeks ago that Trump, desperate to win votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, told the conference to play football. Originally, the league stood its ground. Rutgers president Jonathan Holloway aptly called it “cheap politics.” But wouldn’t you know, the university presidents ended up following right along, giving Trump exactly what he wanted.

Reactions: sunsetregret
Going to have a cake with 200,000 candles or maybe one with 1,400 for yesterday?
Why shouldn't she be fair game? Many people have shared the opinion that college football should be postponed this year but they have expressed themselves about it in reasonable and sane manner, this lady failed miserably by ignoring the sex abuse cases in the Big 10 and other stupid takes.

She should be ridiculed.

Going to have a cake with 200,000 candles or maybe one with 1,400 for yesterday?

And what, 1 of those was a college football player? And IIRC, on a team that wasn't practicing?

I'd say there is more danger in sororities and fraternities, but her silence on that front would indicate indifference or acceptance. But it's only football for her.

Reactions: toby83
A lot of sensationalism in Brennan’s title. For better or worse, it reflects her political beliefs as she’s on tv a lot. People should be celebrating the big 10 decision and it’s COVID protocols etc

Lets make politics the issue when you don't like what a journalist wrote
Discount all achievements because we don't like her column today and need to make what she wrote a political statement instead of a opinion about a sports related matter.
Lets look at her resume

Christine Brennan received bachelor's and master's degrees from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.
After graduating, she began working for the Miami Herald, becoming the Herald's first female sports reporter in 1981

Christine is an on-air commentator for ABC News, CNN, PBS NewsHour, and NPR.

She has covered every Olympic Games, summer and winter, since the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Brennan is a member of the Board of Trustees of Northwestern University and a national trustee at the University of Toledo.

Awards

• 1993 Capital Press Women's "Woman of Achievement"
  • 1995 Inductee—Ohio Women's Hall of Fame
  • 2001 and 2003 Associated Press Sports Editors—Top 10 columnists in the category of the nation's biggest newspapers
  • 2002 U.S. Sports Academy's Ronald Reagan media award
  • 2003 Jake Wade Award from the College Sports Information Directors of America for outstanding media contribution to intercollegiate athletics
  • 2004 Association for Women in Sports Media—Pioneer Award
  • 2004 Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism Hall of Achievement inductee
  • 2005 Woman of the Year from WISE (Women in Sports and Events)
  • 2006 Inaugural Billie Award in Journalism [15]
  • 2006 Inductee—Ottawa Hills (Ohio) Foundation Hall of Fame
  • 2006 Alumnae Award winner from The Alumnae of Northwestern University
  • 2007 Northwestern University Alumni Service Award
  • 2008 Inaugural Northwestern University Women's Athletics Alumnae Award
  • 2013 Yale University Kiphuth Medal
  • 2013 Ralph McGill Lecturer at the University of Georgia
  • 2016 Association for Women in Sports Media-Ann Miller Service Award
  • 2016 Washington DC Sports Hall of Fame
  • 2017 Northwestern Athletics Hall of Fame
  • 2020 Red Smith Award
( note: I didn't know this until I checked.
But believe if going to defend or attack someone's job performance should try to learn about that person before making an accusation.
Many here probably know about Christine Brenner as a journalist, I didn't and want o share my findings after seeing her put in the propagandist category
That’s great. And very impressive.

But it’s not the B1G’s darkest day. So the premise of the whole article is false/wrong.

Last edited:
Brennan
That’s great. And very impressive.

But it’s not the B1G’s darkest day. So the premise of the whole article is false/wrong.
agree premise was wrong and she really doesn't know if it's not a bright day, just giving an opinion that ( on my part feel) is wrong.
What's happening all across the country has made having an opinion some don't like a reason fore them to attack someone's integrity instead of saying that was dumb and they'll find out how stupid that opinion was by the end of this season.

When she started off with the type of exaggeration she did , Brennan lost the ability to have her opinion be taken as something worth considering .

As my uncle so wisely said...."My generation was asked to storm the beaches of Normandy and so many Pacific islands. This bunch doesn't seem to respond well to being asked to wear a mask and sit on their couch."
I call bullsh*t on the Uncle story. That's a meme that's been around for a while. That is unless your Uncle is the creator of that meme.

Not that I'm downplaying it even though I like to downplay it but the cure will be here Nov 3. It'll just magically go away, cases will soon be zero.
No but the media will only highlight the positives and never engage in the negatives. Suddenly the narrative will change to active cases instead of total, deaths won't be reported in total, but day to day to show a decreasing pattern. They'll champion a vaccine instead of sowing doubt about it's safety. We'll suddenly be in a better position than before Nov. 3rd if their choice wins.

Steve Politi will wrestle her for the title and lose.

why don’t we just replace politi then?
All you have to do is read the writers we want and not read the writers we don’t want.

there is no question about it that more positive writing ultimately helps the program ... but is that all worth us not listening to another perspective?

this lady reporter talking about the big ten is a wussy by the way

No but the media will only highlight the positives and never engage in the negatives. Suddenly the narrative will change to active cases instead of total, deaths won't be reported in total, but day to day to show a decreasing pattern. They'll champion a vaccine instead of sowing doubt about it's safety. We'll suddenly be in a better position than before Nov. 3rd if their choice wins.

Well it will signal the country will be in better hands so yes, there will be optimism and a feeling of calm.

Seems to me there's one person pushing for the vaccine before election day, ready or not.

Reactions: Greg2020
Well it will signal the country will be in better hands so yes, there will be optimism and a feeling of calm.

Seems to me there's one person pushing for the vaccine before election day, ready or not.
O that's bullsh*t and you know it. Look at the peace deal that was just signed. The media went straight to "But Palestine isn't one of those members and new fighting has broken out between the two". Their boy's in office there isn't a peep about Palestine just how this is a potentially Nobel prize winning deal.

O that's bullsh*t and you know it. Look at the peace deal that was just signed. The media went straight to "But Palestine isn't one of those members and new fighting has broken out between the two". Their boy's in office there isn't a peep about Palestine just how this is a potentially Nobel prize winning deal.
The best peace deal ever! How many wars has Israel fought combined with Bahrain and Uae?

Reactions: Kbee3
This triggered bitch CAN'T WAIT (Bart Scott gif) for a ten player outbreak from one of the teams (which enevitably will happen).
sick individuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT