ADVERTISEMENT

Valentine's Day, 1984, in Rutgers Basketball History

Source

Heisman Winner
Aug 1, 2001
The Rutgers Athletic Center opened in the fall of 1977 in Piscataway, NJ replacing the College Avenue Gymnasium as the basketball home of the varsity team. It was renamed the Louis Brown Athletic Center on May 17, 1986. According to a 2001-2002 Rutgers Gametime Magazine, an alumni-philanthropist left the University a $1 million endowment in his will when he died on February 14, 1984. “Louis Brown was a member of the Rutgers Class of 1936. During his days as a student ‘On The Banks,’ Brown was a member of the Scarlet Knight football team. He also played water polo and freshman lacrosse, two sports that were offered at the time. As active as he was while attending Rutgers, Brown is most commonly remembered for his efforts and contributions following his departure from the State University.” Ironically, none of the sports he played at Rutgers are played in the building. The Louis Brown Athletic Center quietly returned to its original name – the Rutgers Athletic Center – in 2019.

Clearly since I'm still posting I'm not Louis Brown (just in case you were wondering lol)

Clearly since I'm still posting I'm not Louis Brown (just in case you were wondering lol)

I sympathize. Can't tell you how many times someone posted "according to my source" or "according to source" etc. when in fact I had made no such statement of fact or didn't even know the person.

Last edited:
I think a picture of the RAC was on the cover of the 11/19/77 football program vs Boston U. The last game of the year and a 63-6 win.

What year did we play ND on VD, national TV, with the 100’s in red or white by section? Was that with Hodgson and Billet?

I think a picture of the RAC was on the cover of the 11/19/77 football program vs Boston U. The last game of the year and a 63-6 win.

s-l400.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT