ADVERTISEMENT

VanBrill listed at 157

Mike
You are as good looking as ever and I will see you at practice. Folk, what was particularly impressive was to see the number of current wrestlers and past wrestlers. Always great to see the best wrestler never to wrestle at RU but played a helluva linebacker as my dear friend Kevin Malast. He is still the classiest guy ever. Can’t wait for the season to start. Princeton will have their Open the same day as our quad so a bunch of our kids not wrestling in our duals that day will go there.

Mike
You are as good looking as ever and I will see you at practice. Folk, what was particularly impressive was to see the number of current wrestlers and past wrestlers. Always great to see the best wrestler never to wrestle at RU but played a helluva linebacker as my dear friend Kevin Malast. He is still the classiest guy ever. Can’t wait for the season to start. Princeton will have their Open the same day as our quad so a bunch of our kids not wrestling in our duals that day will go there.
Billy, What lot were you guys in? We hosted a tailgate for the Westfield PAL football players in Yellow. Great time today.

Janzer can make 174? Jesus
Yes he can. I posted after the season that he was having problems keeping weight on and was a small 197 at the end of the season. The big one is can Turley make 165 if so then the back half looks really good. Would just need to get Alvarez to do things right and make 133 and the lineup would look good

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
WOW.
Never thought Turley at 165 and janzer at 174 would be an option.
Turley seemed out of it at 165 his true freshman year
Turley went on an insane run at the NCAA.
I Would think Turley could beat Janzer at 174, but not sure.

If Turley can make 165 and maintain his strength, he’s a legitimate contender for a national title. That’s probably the most wide open weight class there is IMO. Either that or 157

If Turley can make 165 and maintain his strength, he’s a legitimate contender for a national title. That’s probably the most wide open weight class there is IMO. Either that or 157
It certainly helps the team out lineup wise if he can be strong at 165......but IMHO he is not a title contender at 165lbs, he is an AA contender. 165 still has Shane Griffith, Alex Marinelli, Evan Wick, Jake Wentzel, Keegan O'toole just to name a few.

Reactions: Leonard23
It certainly helps the team out lineup wise if he can be strong at 165......but IMHO he is not a title contender at 165lbs, he is an AA contender. 165 still has Shane Griffith, Alex Marinelli, Evan Wick, Jake Wentzel, Keegan O'toole just to name a few.
I don’t think any of those guys are unbeatable. Griffith obviously the best of the group but Marinelli is a choke artist every year, and Wick loses to the top guys on the country fairly often. Every weight class is going to have their favorites for the national championship, I don’t see 165 as being one of the more top heavy

For all those worrying about where is JoJo, he was at the RU wrestling tailgate with a pretty little dark hair girlfriend. Talked to him and he is going at 149 this year. For all of you weight conscious folks he weights 167 right now. Most of the team was at the tailgate. Poz is a very good looking young man and O’Donnell is a very big heavy
Has anyone heard whether or not Leonard won the lottery?

Omissions, as far as I can tell:

Nick Santos
Joe Colon
Kyonte Hamilton, but his omission is probably just a technicality because he’s with football

Clark to 149 after wrestling briefly at 165 last year

Omissions, as far as I can tell:

Nick Santos
Joe Colon
Kyonte Hamilton, but his omission is probably just a technicality because he’s with football

Clark to 149 after wrestling briefly at 165 last year
Clark was listed on last years roster as a 149lber. As I stated earlier in a post, the weights on the roster really do not tell us much.
Colon I do not believe ever enrolled in school....lets face it he was a long shot to even make the roster, let alone contribute.

Clark was listed on last years roster as a 149lber. As I stated earlier in a post, the weights on the roster really do not tell us much.
Colon I do not believe ever enrolled in school....lets face it he was a long shot to even make the roster, let alone contribute.
Probably right. 32 names on the online roster, Kyonte makes 33. Unless our roster allotment changed, there’s 3 cuts to be made. Not sure where the Bucknell kid fits even as a depth guy as his resume doesn’t indicate he’s a big 10 caliber wrestler.

ADVERTISEMENT