ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO: Ash talks at B1G Media Day

"It's the 150th anniversary of college football, and at
Rutgers we're very excited about being part of that
history. It's important to our institution, our program,
our fans, and we're excited about the celebrations that
we have scheduled surrounding the 150th on campus."

"So with that I'll go ahead and open it up for some questions. Not everyone has to to raise their hand at the same time."

So awkward.
Poor guy. Like the opening act for a big name entertainer, everyone was just marking time for the main event, Harbaugh.

Reactions: BlockR and RURod
I get asked a lot about what we have to do to improve, and first and foremost, I believe that more games are lost than they are won, and for us we have to figure out, and it starts with me, how not to lose games. That starts with taking care of the football, foolish penalties, playing with great fundamentals and tremendous effort, and those are things that we've been working on through spring, this summer, and we're going to focus on here in training camp as we get ready for our opening game against UMass
tenor.gif

Poor guy. Like the opening act for a big name entertainer, everyone was just marking time for the main event, Harbaugh.
Except Harbaugh came across like a total turd. Only coach to not mention/thank Delany for his years of service, welcome the new B1G Commissioner, chewed gum like a cow, and acted like an asshat to the reporter who asked him the first question.

Like it or not, Ash had a strong press conference, and there were plenty of questions. He made a joke about not everyone at once to lighten up the mood.

Reactions: Section124 and ru66
This guy just doesn't fit here. Sorry. Most people have big personalities in our region. I would think most fans want someone to relate to.

Whatever. Just don't think he is the right fit. If he wins, it won't matter.

Good luck, Coach Ash.

Reactions: JRZEER
I get asked a lot about what we have to do to improve, and first and foremost, I believe that more games are lost than they are won, and for us we have to figure out, and it starts with me, how not to lose games. That starts with taking care of the football, foolish penalties, playing with great fundamentals and tremendous effort, and those are things that we've been working on through spring, this summer, and we're going to focus on here in training camp as we get ready for our opening game against UMass
tenor.gif
Funny, your mancrush PJ Fleck said the exact same thing about losing and winning--that more games are lost than won. Do you have a cute put down or meme for your mancrush?

Fleck on Minnesota's up and down 2018 season
" I'm a firm believer there's more games lost than there are won in college football. Most people lose the game, they don't win the game. What we had to do is we had to take these young players and teach them how do you win games.So we took this number according to -- here we go again. We had this number 78 percent, and we said -- we did an NFL study, a collegiate study over the last 50 years directly tied to winning. And we came up with three statistics, and that was the turnover margin is directly related to winning, explosive plays, and then the missed tackles. And if you can win those, you're going to win 78 percent of the time, right, in terms of how you're able to judge a number of what that means. "

Except Harbaugh came across like a total turd. Only coach to not mention/thank Delany for his years of service, welcome the new B1G Commissioner, chewed gum like a cow, and acted like an asshat to the reporter who asked him the first question.

Like it or not, Ash had a strong press conference, and there were plenty of questions. He made a joke about not everyone at once to lighten up the mood.
light galaxy of different worlds for Ash vrs Khaki pants.
Harbaughs bar is to make the college football playoffs and if not, he can leave and get a job tomorrow to the NFL as a head Coach.
Ash bar is trying to break a 11 game losing streak and beat Umass and Liberty.
Ash's fall back option is linebackers coach at Iowa state at best.

Reactions: RU#1fan
light galaxy of different worlds for Ash vrs Khaki pants.
Harbaughs bar is to make the college football playoffs and if not, he can leave and get a job tomorrow to the NFL as a head Coach.
Ash bar is trying to break a 11 game losing streak and beat Umass and Liberty.
Ash's fall back option is linebackers coach at Iowa state at best.
You sound jealous and bitter about Ash. Get over it.

Reactions: ru66 and koleszar
Big difference is Fleck dosent have to learn to 'learn not to lose games' himself like ya boy Ash.
If you had any football knowledge ,Fleck has produced a top 25 team at Group of five level and has already taken the Gophers to a bowl game and beaten an ACC team.
Ash,? hes still trying to beat Buffalo.
Try reading comprehension.
He admitted he had to look up the data to come to his conclusion--that's learning, something you seem to be unable to do.
PJ took a 9-4 team to a losing team when he had to swim with the B1G fish in the B1G pond. Could barely keep the boat afloat.

Higgins Did Valvano fit in Raleigh? Did Pitino fit in Kentucky?Should Belichek fit in Foxboro?It's not the region. It's the talent of the guy. If Ash was winning we would be naming Fat sandwiches after he and his Midwestern roots.

Reactions: BlockR
Try reading comprehension.
He admitted he had to look up the data to come to his conclusion--that's learning, something you seem to be unable to do.
PJ took a 9-4 team to a losing team when he had to swim with the B1G fish in the B1G pond. Could barely keep the boat afloat.

so he admited he posted fake news,had to go look it up that he was wrong(his 'conclusion"),then deleted his post?
what a guy! kudos to him!
Hobbs had his chance to hire Fleck and/or Narduzzi,but gave us Asherror.

so he admited he posted fake news,had to go look it up that he was wrong(his 'conclusion"),then deleted his post?
what a guy! kudos to him!
Hobbs had his chance to hire Fleck and/or Narduzzi,but gave us Asherror.
Time and time again your stupid assertions have been proven wrong, but you keep dredging them up because you have nothing else.

KnightShift, you're talking to a broken record. Keeps saying the same thing over and over. We know what he thinks, no sense talking to him. His answers are always the same, regardless of the topic in the thread.

Ash leaves the D to Buh he's toast. Have fun trying to be a head coach again.

Ash leaves the D to Buh he's toast. Have fun trying to be a head coach again.
Yeah, would be a very bad move. He had success last year. He has familiarity with Buh, and he intimated that they are on the same page. We'll see how that works out. The players did say that Buh was a very high energy guy, which is likely a change from Niemann.

Yeah, would be a very bad move. He had success last year. He has familiarity with Buh, and he intimated that they are on the same page. We'll see how that works out. The players did say that Buh was a very high energy guy, which is likely a change from Niemann.
Buh is a good linebacker coach. However, left to his own devices as a DC, he's proven not to know how to get the job done. I really hope this is just coach speak to save face for his coordinator..

Higgins Did Valvano fit in Raleigh? Did Pitino fit in Kentucky?Should Belichek fit in Foxboro?It's not the region. It's the talent of the guy. If Ash was winning we would be naming Fat sandwiches after he and his Midwestern roots.
Bilicjeck definitely fits in Foxboro.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT